Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Cutting thru Parking Garage

Our hotel is back to back with the Mickey & Friends Parking Sturcture.

What is the possibility be of walking thru the structure from our hotel to ride the Tram into the resort?
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Cutting thru Parking Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 10/6 View Post
    Our hotel is back to back with the Mickey & Friends Parking Sturcture.

What is the possibility be of walking thru the structure from our hotel to ride the Tram into the resort?
    I'm not sure what the far end of the bottom level looks like, in terms of security. Maybe there is a door or a small, climb-thru opening.

However, you should be able to go around it, walking eastward to the car entrances. Cars will all be stopped, so there should be little chance of getting hit by one.
    Or, you could walk southward along Walnut.
    That close, I'd find a way to get to the trams.

Here is a google map
    [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=disneyland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.094886,59.238281&ie=UTF8&hq=Disn eyland&hnear=Disneyland,+Anaheim,+Orange,+Californ ia+92802&ll=33.816228,-117.927821&spn=0.000853,0.001203&t=h&z=20]disneyland - Google Maps[/ame]

The building on the north is your hotel (Holiday Inn).
    The building to the south is the Sticky and Friends Structure.
    There appears to be a driveway from Walnut Avenue to the Structure (probably exit only for cars).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Laughing Place Finder

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn later this week as well. I've been looking at Google maps and Bing Maps looking for some kind of shortcut. So far I don't see an alternative to walking down Walnut to Magic Way and then walking into the parking lot if possible.

I'm sure the hotel desk staff gets that question all the time so I'll find out soon enough what they think. In the meantime though I'm fully prepared to take the ART trolley or walk the long way over to the trams or monorail. We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully some Micechatters here have some experience and info on this.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Johnny and Me!

It's about half a mile to the trams using the route you described, and a quarter mile more to the Monorail station.

You cannot enter Disney property from Walnut unless you use Magic way. There are tall bushes with fences in them all the way. There are no gates into the M&F parking garage or the parking lots. Keeps the local thieves out. I would not recommend trying to walk into the parking garage from the main entrance either. While cars are stopped to pay for parking, they will drive fast to get into the parking garage and there are no sidewalks. Use ART if you have less than 4 people and want to save money or just pay to park in M&F (if you have a car). Also, as far as the monorail goes, its only available to resort guests to enter the park for a few hours in the morning.

There are locked (and sometimes guarded) gates on the side closest to the Holiday Inn... the only other choice would be through Ball Lot, though that's another heavily-guarded (sort of) CM parking lot that they wouldn't let you utilize.

Have fun!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I've brought this up in another thread... There are exit stairwells at the corners of the Mickey & Friends parking structure, and several along each long wall. And along the middle walls on both sides of the 'gap' where the exit ramps split the structure in half. Oh, and a second passenger elevator at the southwest corner of that big gap.

When you get through the gates and into the Cast Member outdoor parking lot to the north of the Sticky Structure, head to the corner and go upstairs one flight, and cross over the cars entering and the cars leaving on the second floor. There's a nice tiled pathway across for all the guests who parked in there, follow the stampede.

I should go do a walking pictorial of this... I know it can be done. But since "Nobody Walks in L.A!" they do dumb things like not planning ahead for it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I've brought this up in another thread... There are exit stairwells at the corners of the Mickey & Friends parking structure, and several along each long wall. And along the middle walls on both sides of the 'gap' where the exit ramps split the structure in half. Oh, and a second passenger elevator at the southwest corner of that big gap.

When you get through the gates and into the Cast Member outdoor parking lot to the north of the Sticky Structure, head to the corner and go upstairs one flight, and cross over the cars entering and the cars leaving on the second floor. There's a nice tiled pathway across for all the guests who parked in there, follow the stampede.

I should go do a walking pictorial of this... I know it can be done. But since "Nobody Walks in L.A!" they do dumb things like not planning ahead for it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    ...exceeeept Security will stop you. I've seen them deny hotel guests before (especially the ones that stay at the hotels on West Place). You need a CM ID in order to pass through those gates.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    ...exceeeept Security will stop you. I've seen them deny hotel guests before (especially the ones that stay at the hotels on West Place). You need a CM ID in order to pass through those gates.
    Yes, that is a backstage area. You will most likely be stopped by Disney Security.
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

All you need to do is walk up Walnut to Magic Way and then take the walking entrance to the structure and you can catch the tram from there. Have done it before.

Or you can walk into DtD and catch the Monorail.

Parking at anaheim gardenwalk is free for annual passholders... just show AP card.

• I Can Show You the World

I just spend this weekend at the Holiday Inn on Walnut and can assure you there is no access to the garage from the hotel without walking to the car entrance or via Magic Way. I did time it though, it was just an 11 minute walk from my hotel room door to the Downtown Disney Monorail station. And it was a nice walk down quiet tree covered sidewalks.

• Established 2005

Stop the press. Parking at Anaheim Gardenwalk is free for AP holders?!!?!? How long?

• Banned User

I'm going to be staying at the Annaheimer and I see on google earth that I can walk across Walnut on Katella and walk through a little opening just on the other side of Walnut.

Anyone near there can tell me if this is going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Stop the press. Parking at Anaheim Gardenwalk is free for AP holders?!!?!? How long?
    I second that! Please let it be true. I would love to be able to park there and walk over to Disneyland. Can someone confirm this? It seems like the last time we were at the Gardenwalk that the parking system was automated and there was no live person when you left the parking garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast