Thread: Nice Beaches?

Nice Beaches?

Hey all, my boyfriend and I will be taking my 7 year old sister to Disneyland for a week soon, and while our stay in Anaheim we would love to spend a day at the beach.

I've done a little research on it, but there are so many beaches in SoCal, I can't seem to choose one.

The little one really wants to splash around in the waves, and build some sand castles. I would also like a beach the has a vide variety of shopping/dining around it. We would be willing to drive about an hour out of Anaheim.

Any feedback and information would help!

• Semi-Lurker

Re: Nice Beaches?

Huntington, Newport, and or Laguna would be your best bets.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

If you were willing to drive 2 hours, I'd tell you to go to Carpinteria. It's a wonderful family beach because of the shallowness of the water. The slope is very gentle so you can go pretty far out into the water without being uncomfortably deep. The main drag also has adorable shops, restaurants, and my favorite candy store ever (Robitaille's).

Anyway, with your one hour radius, I'd vote for Seal Beach or Huntington Beach.

Laguna Beach has a little section of beach, lots of art galleries, but I think I'd recommend Newport Beach. It has a nice, long beach, lots of restaurants, a little ferry to Balboa Island with more resturants and shops. Rent a boat at the Fun Zone and putt around the harbor. The Crab Cooker (on the Balboa Penninsula) is good seafood restaurant, reasonably priced, been there forever. The Rusty Pelican and the Chart House, on the mainland, are more upscale, overlooking Newport Harbor.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    Laguna Beach has a little section of beach, lots of art galleries, but I think I'd recommend Newport Beach. It has a nice, long beach, lots of restaurants, a little ferry to Balboa Island with more resturants and shops. Rent a boat at the Fun Zone and putt around the harbor. The Crab Cooker (on the Balboa Penninsula) is good seafood restaurant, reasonably priced, been there forever. The Rusty Pelican and the Chart House, on the mainland, are more upscale, overlooking Newport Harbor.
    Yes. I would recommend Newport Beach. It is only 20 to 25 minutes away (Even tbough Huntington looks closer on the map,timewise it there is no difference). Newport also has Fasion Island which has fine shopping and dining. Little Corona Beach has tidepools that kids and adults like to explore. And you can take a tour of Newprt Harbor where you can see celebrity homes, and it takes you out to sea for a little where you can see sea lions and dolphins.

• Nerd

Huntington Beach because there is lots of parking. Go downtown near the pier. Huntington has restaurants, a nice main street with shopping (surfer type shopping - clothes, bathing suites, stuff like that) You can walk out onto the end of the HB pier and have a great cheesburger at Ruby's diner. you can play in the sand, swim, eat, rent bikes, or boogie boards or a surrey and take a ride on the strand, eat snow cones and nachos all withing walking distance of your car.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Thanks for all the great information!
    This really helped.