• Another trip down I-4

WDW Local to DLR

Hi! I'm planning my first ever trip to DLR as a WDW local. We're looking at the first week in November to switch coasts - but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a grocery store within walking distance? I can't eat out 3 meals a day without starting to go mad - if I can find a grocery store of some sort and stay in a hotel with a kitchenette, it'll be so much easier. I know DLR is good with food allergies, but there's only so many times you can eat a tapioca bun before you decide to just subsist on apples.

2. Is is better to come in via LAX or John Wayne? I know John Wayne is closer, but should I really just go for whatever flight is cheapest?

Thank you!

• Forgotten Spirit

Re: WDW Local to DLR

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    Hi! I'm planning my first ever trip to DLR as a WDW local. We're looking at the first week in November to switch coasts - but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a grocery store within walking distance? I can't eat out 3 meals a day without starting to go mad - if I can find a grocery store of some sort and stay in a hotel with a kitchenette, it'll be so much easier. I know DLR is good with food allergies, but there's only so many times you can eat a tapioca bun before you decide to just subsist on apples.

2. Is is better to come in via LAX or John Wayne? I know John Wayne is closer, but should I really just go for whatever flight is cheapest?

Thank you!
    Ill answer your 2nd question
    JOHN WAYNE! Its closer, and will save you hours of trouble

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I don't know where your staying. There are grocery stores in the area but if you want a full fledged grocery store the walk would be way to much. There is a 7-11 and another mini mart on the corner of Harbor and Katella, a Target on Harbor and Chapman, and a Food 4 Less on Katella and Euclid.

Fly into John Wayne. It is only about 15 minutes away.

• Minion

Aww You should of came back like 2 weeks into November for Christmas! I think alot of attractions will be down (Space Mountain, it's a small World, and idk lol)

Like others have said, theres a 7 11 in Walking Distance From Hotels on Harbor and Katella. But It al depends on what Hotel your staying at. I Suggest get a Rental Car and Enjoy other Socal attractions (Knotts, Universal, Newport Beach, LA, San Deigo, Sea World) If you can :]

• Minion

Sometimes....sometimes you can get flights in and out of John Wayne that are as cheap as, or cheaper than, LAX. Look around. Not always the case, of course, but worth a shot.