Planning trip in mid January

Greetings,

I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in mid January with my pregnant (5 months in January) wife and 4 year old daughter, and was wondering what kind of weather can I expect for this trip.

Thanks.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Planning trip in mid January

Quote Originally Posted by EpicMickey View Post
    Greetings,

I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in mid January with my pregnant (5 months in January) wife and 4 year old daughter, and was wondering what kind of weather can I expect for this trip.

Thanks.
    Cold, or warm.
    Dry, or wet.

I.e., pretty unpredictable. I can be more accurate the week before you come.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Average High for Jan......69 degrees.
    Average low for Jan.......45 degrees.

Average rainfall for Jan...2.47" (3rd rainiest month behind Feb and March)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I'll be leaving a rainy Portland Oregon behind, so that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Thanks!

• Rock Star Minion

If you're packing now, you should probably pack everything.

Of course, I'm kidding.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I was looking at the Disneyland schedule for closed rides and it only goes out to November 10th. Anyone know when they update this calendar? It's would be nice to know what to expect.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I'll be leaving a rainy Portland Oregon behind, so that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Thanks!
    I know exactly what you mean!

We went in November a few years ago and one day it rained.....the parks were pretty much empty(we had Bugs Land to ourselves....not practically, but actually!).

Best part of going in cold, wet weather, was watching the shocked faces of the Grizzly River operators as we, wearing nothing but T-shirts and shorts, went on the raft ride again and again for something like 15 times in a row....since no one else was riding it they just let us stay in our boats the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I know exactly what you mean!

We went in November a few years ago and one day it rained.....the parks were pretty much empty(we had Bugs Land to ourselves....not practically, but actually!).

Best part of going in cold, wet weather, was watching the shocked faces of the Grizzly River operators as we, wearing nothing but T-shirts and shorts, went on the raft ride again and again for something like 15 times in a row....since no one else was riding it they just let us stay in our boats the whole time
    I know what you mean we went last October and it was rainy, but it was warm compared to home so it was no big deal. Good to see another Disney fan from NW.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've been in January when it was pushing 80 degrees and I've been in January when it was freezing. Thats the thing about So Cal weather... wait 5 minutes and it will change.

But generally the days are moderate, but nights still get pretty chilly. If its raining, it will be more chilly but then coming from Portland, you won't notice it at all. Prepare for dressing in layers is the safest way to go that time of year. If you stay close enough you can also run back to the motel in the evening and get jackets, or get a locker and store stuff in there.

Disney doesn't post closures more than about 3 months in advance, but mid January Haunted should be back to its normal self, and Small World will have had the Christmas overlay removed. As to what else might be closed then... some will depend on the construction schedule, and it is off season so some of the rides could be down for maintenance work.

Of course if you hold off coming until closer to the end of January (date TBD) you could be there for MiceChats 6th anniversary party... :

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I was looking at the Disneyland schedule for closed rides and it only goes out to November 10th. Anyone know when they update this calendar? It's would be nice to know what to expect.
    That information is usually only available for 2 or 3 months in advance.

I'd keep checking every couple of weeks to see if there's any change.

Chances are, It's a Small World and The Haunted Mansion will be down and since this is the slowest time of year I would expect at least a couple+ of other attractions to also be dormant during your visit.

Thanks guys!