Any suggestions for affordable, clean and close places to stay?

I am trying to plan a trip to the Disneyland Resort for October 26-29 and am looking for affordable, clean and close places to stay. I have looked at Trip Advisor and found reasonable rates for a few select locations (i.e. Stovall's Inn) but would rather go to a community I know and trust.

So, with that being said, any input, assistance, advice, etc that you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Any suggestions for affordable, clean and close places to stay?

I've stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites (across the street from HoJo). It was a small room, but within 5 minutes of the gate at Disneyland and there was a free breakfast. The only big downside is that it is right next to the freeway. If you are a sound sleeper (like me), this shouldn't be an issue. I believe with the AAA rate, I got the room for about $45 for the night.

• Embrace the kitsch!

If you're looking for something in the Stovall's price range, try the Best Value Fantasy Inn. They usually run in the $80-$90 range. Next door is the Super 8, also in that range, but I find their rooms are a little dark even w/ the lights on. Both hotels are next to Melodyland Gardenwalk. There's also another Super 8 on DL Drive.

Anyone else think we need a sticky for this topic?
    Last edited by Broadway Guru; 09-30-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    If you're looking for something in the Stovall's price range, try the Best Value Fantasy Inn. They usually run in the $80-$90 range. Next door is the Super 8, also in that range, but I find their rooms are a little dark even w/ the lights on. Both hotels are next to Melodyland Gardenwalk. There's also another Super 8 on DL Drive.

Thank you both for your responses so far.

I may end up going with the Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites. I stayed there back in 2007. It was a fairly nice place and the walk wasn't too bad.

However, I am certainly still looking for advice, opinion, suggestions, etc.

And yes, a sticky for this topic would rule! \m/

Has anyone stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim?

• Banned User

We are staying at Abbys Anaheimer in November. Found a room for 61 a nite. Walnut and Katella.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Anaheim Plaza! Excellent prices, right across from the main gate and you get a microwave, refridgerator and safe in your room
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Book Fever View Post
    \And yes, a sticky for this topic would rule! \m/
    Better yet, why not a constantly updated list of the cheapest hotels/motels/hostels and restaurants within a reasonable distance of the Disneyland Resort area?

How to do Disneyland for as little money as possible.

• Minion

Check out http://www.kayak.com/

Best way I have found so far to get a decent price on a room. I've found reviews of most hotels I've stayed at to be fairly reliable. Also, there are many hotels that ART services, so you really don't need to be in walking distance if you don't mid paying a few dollars for the shuttle. They generally run every 20 minutes. Personally, I'd recommend the Super 8 on Katella, though I'm really not that picky.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post

I did the Super8 beside the Gardenwalk for one night a few weeks ago. Although it was nothing like anything I've ever experienced before, I'll give it points for being clean and seemingly in a safe enough neighbourhood as the Gardenwalk area is always so busy at all times of the day/night.

I paid $35 for one night. Used a best rate guarantee and price matched travelocity.

Starwood Hotels & Resorts

I know people have given bad reviews on this hotel, saying the carpets were terribly dirty, etc., but I had no problems with it being a place to check in, go out to gardenwalk for hours, come back and crash for 6 hours, and then check out the next morning.