• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

After years of membership....

After years of surfing the Micechat forum.. and I mean years! (I practically grew up on these boards....)I have decided it is about time I get my rear end to.. DISNEYLAND!!

I have been to Disneyland once before.. in March 2001.. I turned 10 at the parks. It was a memory that has always stuck with me.. a memory that 3 years later would help me discover some fansites online.. and then eventually discover Micechat! I joined these boards long ago.. I believe my profile says April.. but it was actually March.. there was some server issue and everyone that joined in March at the time got switched to April.

Anyway, my point is.. I need help planning this trip. Where to go, what to see, and when to go (Planning on early 2011, between February and August.) How long should I plan on going for? How can I do this with a budget; are there cheaper ways to go about this? Hotels?? On or off property? Other theme parks I should go visit?! Anything anyone can tell me would be appreciated.. I want to have this trip planned out.. but also left fairly free at the same time.. I want to really appreciate all Disneyland has to offer. How should I organize my time at the parks? How many days at each park?

Anything anyone is willing to share would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: After years of membership....

Well its about time!!! I'm sure I'll have some comments and advice... but it will have to wait until tomorrow when I'm more awake!

But congrats in advance on the trip!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Blog Entries

Hahaha oh Pengy, how did I know you would say something like that :P it is about time... isn't it :P

~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

How nice for you. I wish I had some specific advice for you, but I myself haven't been to Disneyland since 2008. There are many things that I haven't done. Nemo, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and Captain EO immediately come to mind. My home's financia situation is a mess, so I am trying to scrape together enough money for a trip that would coincide with MiceChat's 6th Anniversary. I see we have been members the same amount of time.

I am sure others will have some concrete suggestions for you.

• Minion

I haven't been since 1994, so even more has changed, I hope you have a great trip

I've gone 22 times this year. It's sad to say that I noticed when the gardeners trimmed the trees. It's bad having an AP.

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok Evan... I haven't forgotten...

You can cover both parks well in two days. Three days isn't bad. It will give you more than enough time to see everything, and not have to rush. You'll be able to take your time, and even take breaks and go back to the motel and rest or go outside the park for some meals.

I always stay off property. Considering the amount of time that you are in the room, I personally spend as little money as I can. There are several places close to the park that are either walking distance or on the ART line that can be had for less than $70 a night American. I know a lot of people use priceline, but I like to have more control over where I stay and I use Kayak to search prices.

As for what else to see... there are so many things in So Cal that you could also visit. Hopefully some others with more experience with that will chime in.

I'll post more as I think of it...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Okay Evan, Pengy said it well that you can cover the parks easily in 3 days and have a bit of relaxation time in between.

I've used Priceline a number of times for my hotel and didn't spend more than roughly $45 a night, but the trade off is it usually ends up being a mile down the street from the parks, but the ART system pretty much goes to all the hotels down their as well.

I know a lot of MiceChatters on here like the HoJo's which is across the street and about a 10 min walk and you can get the MiceChat discount on your room. Some of the other motels across the street you can probably snag for about $60 bucks a night during the time you want to go.

There is a lot you can do in Southern Cal, depends if you have a mode of transportation. You can go down to San Diego and do Sea World, San Diego Zoo. Around in Anaheim, you can visit Knott's Berry Farm, Medieval Times Tournament/Dinner. You can also check out Hollywood, and do a tour of the stars homes, go to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, tour the Kodak Theater. Just depends on what you like to do and what your budget is.

Last wknd I was in Hollywood and used the CityPass to do those things I listed above for Hollywood. It was a lot of fun.

Another website that is useful for travel discounts is Travel Deals: Airfare, Hotels, Vacations, Cruises | Travelzoo every Wednesday morning @ 8am the post the Top 20 deals in the travel industry. Kayak is also another good website as well as orbitz.

Hope I helped you out a bit. That and I wish you would come down towards the end of January, I'm sure the MiceChat 6th Anniversary will be around that time frame.

Blog Entries

Thank you, that is very helpful. I have no clue about transportation. When I went to Disneyland in grade 4 with my family.. everything was done on buses haha.

~