Talking Disney tips at Christmas

Hello all, I will be visiting Disney with our whole family from December 23-31st. We have 7 day passes for the four Disney parks. I'm looking for any tips or suggestions to surviving the Christmas crowds, getting on rides and any advice on which days are best for visiting which park.

Thanks!!

Re: Disney tips at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by lulu4ever View Post
    Hello all, I will be visiting Disney with our whole family from December 23-31st. We have 7 day passes for the four Disney parks. I'm looking for any tips or suggestions to surviving the Christmas crowds, getting on rides and any advice on which days are best for visiting which park.

Thanks!!

Unless you like VERY & EXTREMELY LARGE crowds then STAY HOME. Come back at a less crowded time. If you want to see the Christmas decorations, the first 2 weeks after Thanksgiving are a lot less crowded

You will need to arrive at the parks VERY EARLY, especially Magic Kingdom or you will not be getting in. The Magic Kingdom reaches capacity very quickly.

You will wait in very long lines, even for rides that usually have a wait time of 10 minutes or less. Some lines will be up to 3-4 hours (Soarin')

Walkways will be packed so expect those with strollers and/or ECV's to continually hit the back of your legs or run into you.

Unless you've already made table service reservations, you'll need to rely on solely counter service.

Fast passes will usually be gone by noon, or earlier

Aside from that Christmas is a beautiful time in the parks and the decorations are great. The castle looks great decked out in miniature white lights. makes it look like an ice sculpture lit from inside.

As for days to visit which park, they ALL will be packed that week. it IS the busiest week of the entire year. Get there very early and don't park hop.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm with ti2gr. Get all of your riding in as early as possible and get FPs for all the popular rides that you and your family may ride on. This might be difficult in Magic Kingdom since there are so many and you can only collect so many FPs in a small amount of time before they run out. So you may wanna plan accordingly.

For Epcot: Definitly get your FP for Soarin before anything else and then get on Test Track.

For DHS: go straight to Toy Story Midway Mania and get your FP. Cant emphasis this enough.

For DAK: Do Kilomanjaro Safaris and EE first thing (or at least get FPs). Or if possible watch the 3 pm parade from the FP entrance to Kilomanjaro Safaris. After the parade passes by you might get a short and speedy line for this ride. I cant promise anything though.

In this way you will be able to most of the popular attractions done and outta the way and you can spend the rest of your day relaxing however you please.

Thanks for the suggestion. If I had a choice I would not visit Disney at Christmas but we are being gifted with this trip. We're staying in a house off site so I'm not concerned about reservations, we will eat breakfast and dinner at the house.

At least we have 7 days of passes so if we find ourselves getting too frustrated with the crowds we can just leave. I'm already warning the kids that they will not likely get on many rides and that they will need to focus on their top 2 or 3 in each park that they will want to ride.

• Rock Star Minion

Hmm, this thread is in the wrong forum. Discussing Florida travel, not SoCal.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."