Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

How to kill four hours between Midnight and 4:00am?

I'm planning a trip to Disneyland for sometime next month. I'm taking a combination of buses and Metrolink from Murrieta (three hours each way, ugh).

Problem - the last train back leaves around 5:00pm and I'd like to stay until the park closes. That leaves me with about four hours until the first morning train leaves.

How can I kill four hours? Sitting at the bus depot at Midnight doesn't sound like fun and would probably look suspicious.

Are there any 24 hour movie theaters? Restaurants with WiFi?

I don't want to spend $60 for a motel room just to spend four hours or so...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: How to kill four hours between Midnight and 4:00am?

The only thing I could suggest is find the latest movie time at the AMC in Downtown Disney, and maybe the longest movie, and go watch that..you may have to leave the park before midnight but that is the only thing I can think of.

There is a 24 hour grocery store near the park but I don't think anyone wants to spend four hours there. There is also a lot of fast food places down Ball, not sure what the hours are but I know that the McDonalds has WiFi. Maybe there is a 24 hour Starbucks nearby?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Denny's across Harbor is 24 hours I believe, and more than likely has wifi. A quick trip to Denny's chain website will answer that more than likely.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Just stall as long as possible. You could probably stay in the park until 2:00 if you play your cards right--just before midnight, queue for a ride with a long line or just a long ride, like Pirates. Slowly work your way to the hub by about 1:00. There should still be some people on Main Street and you could just wait around there for a while. Just a couple ideas.

Dosen't Dennys open 24 hrs ? Its crossing the street to Disneyland.
    Go to AMC theatres in downtown Disney see the last movie , after go to Dennys its crossing the street to the Main Gate.
    Even though its just 4 hours I would TOTALLY rent a hotel room, I mean if you book in advance you can find deals up to 50dlls so save a little money its worth. But if its way to out of budget , Dennys is the place to go on Harbor Blvd. next to Ihop and Del Sol Inn

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepoop View Post
    Are there any 24 hour movie theaters?

Not since the 1970s.

• Sock Puppet

Would they complain if I stayed four hours? I'd buy a meal and a couple beverages, but four hours seems like a bit too long to stay in a restaurant.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Well, Main Street doesn't close until 1:00am, so you get in line for a ride just before closing, and hang out on MS until 1, then Downtown Disney has some bars (depending on your age) open until 2am. After that, you can walk to either Denny's or the 24hr IHOP and hang there until you have to walk to the bus stop.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• UnExiled Minion

Alternatives:
    1. Go with a friend who drives.
    2. Ask here at MiceChat (disclaimer: I cannot and will not vouch for anyone's goodness) if anyone wants to carpool to DL for the day. Pay your share of gas. Agree on arrival and departure times.

3. Hit a midnight movie showing, or the latest one (12:30AM on weekends, sometimes) available. THEN go to Denny's.
    Last edited by sediment; 12-27-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• UnExiled Minion

Would they complain if I stayed four hours? I'd buy a meal and a couple beverages, but four hours seems like a bit too long to stay in a restaurant.
    It would depend heavily on if it was crowded all night long. Bring a book to read. Tip the waitress well. You could try being honest about your plans, and see if that's agreeable to management (combined with tipping the waitress well).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    2. Ask here at MiceChat (disclaimer: I cannot and will not vouch for anyone's goodness) if anyone wants to carpool to DL for the day. Pay your share of gas. Agree on arrival and departure times.
    The odds of finding a Murrieta or Temecula MiceChat user who just happens to be going to Disneyland the same time I want to are probably one in a billion. I'll try posting when it gets close to the time I want to go and see what happens.

Maybe MiceChat could start some kind of car pool section. With gas prices the way they are now, I'm sure it could be very useful.

Or maybe I should just give up on living in Murrieta and move back to Orange County...

• UnExiled Minion

The odds of finding a Murrieta or Temecula MiceChat user who just happens to be going to Disneyland the same time I want to are probably one in a billion. I'll try posting when it gets close to the time I want to go and see what happens.

Maybe MiceChat could start some kind of car pool section. With gas prices the way they are now, I'm sure it could be very useful.

Or maybe I should just give up on living in Murrieta and move back to Orange County...
    1. You could be more flexible. You can give enough advanced notice. "Anyone within 10 miles of Murrietta going to DL between Jan X and Jan Y?" I certainly wouldn't wait too long. no harm in asking.
    2. Carpool section is MY idea! I had it a few years ago. I didn't push it all that hard, since I had no personal interest. Mainly for NoCal folks during the high-gas-price era.
    3. Certainly, you can move to OC, if one trip to DL means that much (or do you do this a lot?). I looked at the map and looked for buses. That's an inconvenient and long way! I'm guessing that renting a car might be cheaper (if you're old enough, know how to drive, etc.)

You can get a VERY cheap 1 or 2 start room through priceline for around $25.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cromag View Post
    You can get a VERY cheap 1 or 2 start room through priceline for around $25.
    This is probably the best way to go: get a cheap room via priceline (again, it will pay to be flexible), then plan around that date. Have to be midweek for the trains, I think.

This trip is certainly becoming a lot more expensive, though. If you haev an AP, you can spend another 2/3 day at the park before going home.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    This is probably the best way to go: get a cheap room via priceline (again, it will pay to be flexible),
    Thanks. I just can't see spending $25 for what will probably only be four hours (probably less). I'd rather spend the money on a couple meals or a movie.

The park closes at Midnight, I probably won't get out of the park until 1:00am. My train leaves a little after 4:00am... Is that worth getting a room for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast