Curiouser and Curiouser about Fantasmic and Fireworks on weeknights this August??

I was wondering if anyone had any insight or educated guesses regarding weeknights the first week of August? I am thinking of booking our Family vacation for those dates...but wanted to make sure that we would get to see it all and that there weren't any unforseen events that would make it miserable, crowd wise during that time slot. Haven't made it to the parks in over 6 years and can't wait to see all of the changes!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser about Fantasmic and Fireworks on weeknights this August??

Rule of thumb with the fireworks -- see it on the first night of your stay. This show is the one that us the most likely to be cancelled due to unfavorable weather conditions so if it does get cancelled on the first night you can see it on the second night. This being stated, keep in mind that August weather usually is stable enough to where the fireworks rarely get cancelled but it CAN happen. So just be forewarned. Just so you know the most likely time of year for fireworks cancellations is the fall and winter, where the most common culprit is the Santa Ana Winds.

As far as crowds I really can't help you there. It will be crowded, even during summer weeknights. Perhaps others can give you more tips than me on this. I really don't watch the fireworks like I used to when I was younger. Now that they have switched to showing them all year long rather than just in the summer, it has lost a lot of it's magic mostly for me though.

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser about Fantasmic and Fireworks on weeknights this August??

[QUOTE=DisneyIPresume;1056440714]Rule of thumb with the fireworks -- see it on the first night of your stay. This show is the one that us the most likely to be cancelled due to unfavorable weather conditions so if it does get cancelled on the first night you can see it on the second night. This being stated, keep in mind that August weather usually is stable enough to where the fireworks rarely get cancelled but it CAN happen. So just be forewarned. Just so you know the most likely time of year for fireworks cancellations is the fall and winter, where the most common culprit is the Santa Ana Winds.

As far as crowds I really can't help you there. It will be crowded, even during summer weeknights. Perhaps others can give you more tips than me on this. I really don't watch the fireworks like I used to when I was younger. Now that they have switched to showing them all year long rather than just in the summer, it has lost a lot of it's magic mostly for me though.[/QUO

Thank you so much for your reply....I never thought about the Fireworks or Fantasmic being cancelled due to weather...it would be tragic to wait till the last day to watch it and then have it cancelled!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by princessmarilyn View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any insight or educated guesses regarding weeknights the first week of August? I am thinking of booking our Family vacation for those dates...but wanted to make sure that we would get to see it all and that there weren't any unforseen events that would make it miserable, crowd wise during that time slot. Haven't made it to the parks in over 6 years and can't wait to see all of the changes!
    Be sure to try and plan your vacation for the very beginning of August. As it gets later in the month, APs start to get unblocked and it can be miserably crowded.

Smile Re: Curiouser and Curiouser about Fantasmic and Fireworks on weeknights this August??

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Be sure to try and plan your vacation for the very beginning of August. As it gets later in the month, APs start to get unblocked and it can be miserably crowded.
    Thank you so much! We are planning for the first week of August...weekdays only.

I suggest sitting near Rivers of America for Fantasmic's first showing, You will get to see the Castle Fireworks too with a better bang to the chest than being at the hub.

The best way to find out is to look at the park calendar On disneyland.com but unfortunately the calendar wont show that far ahead until july as far as the shows go and the crowds it may be pretty crowded