• Distant Disneylandaholic

LAX to Disneyland Tonight (3/17 Thursday) about 7pm - Directions?

I'm way late posting this but thought I'd give it a try anyway. We land tonight at LAX a little before 7pm and will be driving to Disneyland. Any recommendations on a route? Mapquest takes me to the 105, north a bit on the 605 to I-5 and then down. My concern is traffic congestion at that hour? Is 7 to 7:30 still too early to be thinking about being on the freeways there?

Is there a better route?

Thanks in advance. Can hardly believe I'll be at Disneyland tonight -- if only for a couple hours

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: LAX to Disneyland Tonight (3/17 Thursday) about 7pm - Directions?

I would say that route is as good as any that time of evening. There will still be traffic (it's LA) but it won't be the worst, considering the time and that you're arriving on a Thursday and not Friday.

• Rock Star Minion

There is likely no better route. If you have remote internet access, use "sigalert.com" and avoid red areas.
    I'd probably wait until 8PM or so before driving. Get a burger/fries/shake at In-N-Out, just north of LAX on Sepulveda Blvd.

BTW Thursday will be worse later than Friday. Lots more people clogging up freeways for a 3-day weekend on Thursday night after getrting home from work, packing and leaving.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Thanks for the replies! We are just boarding the plane in Salt Lake. It might be pushing it but we are hoping to see the fireworks tonight so we'll drive right away. Worst case we hope to make it for Fantasmic. Thanks again!

Just thought I'd report back. The airplane hit a headwind so the flight was about 20 minutes late landing. We had no problems with traffic, as we weren't actually driving until about 8:00pm. We got there in time for me to drop the kids at the entrance on Harbor and they saw about 2/3 of the fireworks. I got there after checking in at HoJos to catch the 9-something pm showing of Fantasmic with them after the fireworks. So, thanks for all the help! It was a fun, but wet, weekend.

• Rock Star Minion

Glas to be of service. Sorry about that rain on Sunday. Just had to turn on the spigot for a day.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

You know, that rain ended up being a blessing. As we only had a few hours on Sunday night there after tennis in Indian Wells, the rain made the lines non-existent. We walked onto Indy (3 times, once without leaving the vehicle), Space, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, etc. Plus, they still showed World of Color that night so we saw it from the very front row on the rail at 8 and in the very back by the VIP section at 9:15--no fighting of crowds required. It was great from both perspectives. We were absolutely soaked and made friends with the dryer at HoJos on Monday morning, but it was FUN! Hoping for a drier triip in September (gotta use the Annual Pass I just upgraded to)

Thanks a ton!