Too far from California! In Calgary, AB, Canada

Wondering about "Get Away Today Vacations"...

Can those who have used "Get Away Today Vacations" or getawaytoday.com post their experiences?

Their prices for vacation packages to DLR seem quite good, once you strip away all the extras like the photo book, etc. I'm a bit concerned because they state that adults pay kids prices for the Disneyland Resort Express, but when I add those tickets to my cart for a date in November, they come up at full adult price. I can get that same price from the bus company without having to pay in advance. When I wrote to Get Away Today to alert them to this problem, about their posted sale price not coming up, they did not respond, nor is the problem fixed.

I'm wondering if they are an ethical company, because I'm having my doubts.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Wondering about "Get Away Today Vacations"...

In my book, "Having doubts" = "don't do it."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Get Away Today is a very reputable company. As for the Resort Express, the adults pay kid prices special currently ends on 6/15/11.

Thank you for your reply, getawaytoday. There was no expiry date posted for that special when I tried a few days ago. Are there any other offers that need expiry dates? The 5-day parkhopper tickets that I added to my cart are coming up at $206.00, not the $187.00 price posted.

You are very welcome and I apologize that the date was not listed for you. We have corrected that on the website so there is no confusion. As for tickets, the current Disney special ticket offer only goes through 4/15/11. Any new specials will be released that week through Disney. If you decide to purchase now, Get Away Today will credit you if the prices go down. Hope you have a great day and hopefully I was able to answer your questions. Hope you have a great vacation, no matter who you go through.

If it's any help, we just used Get away today for our trip and were very happy with them. Everything arrived quickly and we had no issues at all.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

We've used them a few times and have many neighbors who have done the same. They are an excellent company with a long track record of experience. I have no problems recommending them. They are legit, and located just about 20-30 minutes from my home.

You may want to look at booking things yourself directly if you don't mind taking the time. SOMETIMES you can get a better deal that way, especially if a place like Howard Johnson has their Entertainment Rate available. I'd recommend calling your hotel choices directly first to see what they can offer, as their cancelation policy may be better than Get Away Today's. Tickets to Disneyland can be purchased at the Disneyland website for a good deal too.

That being said, if you don't want to take the time yourself, or if the hotel you really want is too expensive directly, GetAwayToday can have some great deals as they probably book blocks of rooms in advance. They are a great company and can save you the hastle of doing it yourself. Make sure you understand their cancelation/refund policy. It's been awhile since I've looked at it so I don't know it offhand. I believe they also have some time of "insurance" if you have to cancel that I remember being rather inexpensive.

Now if they'd just stop sending home advertisements with my kids at school and stop tempting me to go to Disneyland...

I used Getaway Today on my only visit to California/Disneyland back in 2006. They sent all my travel info right away and everything worked out great. Best vacation I've had with my whole family. Looking to book again in 2013 for a visit to the new DCA and I can't wait.

We have used them 5 years in a row and have been very happy. If you find a better price for a hotel they offer they will match the price.

Thank you for all your comments, everyone. I'll keep getawaytoday.com in mind when making my travel arrangements.

• Planning my next trip...

We bought our Park Hopper tickets and ART passes through them this past fall. They were the best priced for what we needed, and everything arrived in the mail within the week. I'd definitely recommend them from our experience