Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali:

Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali on Sunday night:
    Going to Vegas for a conference. If I fly into LAX, I'll save about $400 on air, but would have to drive to Vegas on Friday the 10th for my conference which is the 11th & 12th. The upside, is I could fly out of LAX to go home, so I get the whole day of the 15th at DLR. If I fly to Vegas, I would be driving to LA on Monday the 13th and have to drive back to Vegas on Wednesday night the 15th for a Red eye back home that leaves at 1:55 am, and it's $400 more.
    I'm worried about traffic getting to Vegas from Cali and vice versa. Is the traffic still a nightmare driving to Vegas from Cali on Fridays? What about on Sundays nights to Cali from Vegas? What about if I left late -- like early Saturday morning around 1-2am o go to Vegas and then did the same going from Vegas to Cali? Please help. This is a last minute trip for business and I'm trying to squeeze a little Disney pleasure in.
    Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali

Okay, we live in Vegas and as far as I know the drive through San Bernardino through the Cajon Pass on Friday afternoons-late night is still pretty much grid locked! Sunday from Vegas to Cali is usually not too bad if you leave before 5 pm I've noticed. For some reason its always the drive to Las Vegas that's super horrible.

Basically, I think if your drive is early morning through mid afternoon you are probably okay. I've also noticed its about 4 hour drive from Cali to LV on reg traffic and about 3.5 hour drive from LV to Cali (again on regular traffic).

And since you said you're in for a Convention, if you decide to fly instead of driving and need a cab you can call my husband, he's a honest and decent guy so you don't get long hauled and you'd be able to talk to a fellow Disneyland lover! Just pm me and I can give you his number if you're interested, he works days!