Thread: Nov 2012 trip

Nov 2012 trip

Ok, I realize this is waayyyy early, but we are looking at planning a trip to DL next year and I am waayyyy excited.

Anyway, we were initially thinking about going in Feb but was thinking it might be better to wait a few more months for DCA to be complete. Having read Al's latest column, it looks like opening is now possibly projected for August. Do you guys think some of the hype will have faded by November? We have gone before the week prior to T-giving and the week after and have had a pretty quiet trip, is this even going to be a possibility next year?

Thanks for any advice!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Nov 2012 trip

Quote Originally Posted by kra0125 View Post
    Ok, I realize this is waayyyy early, but we are looking at planning a trip to DL next year and I am waayyyy excited.

Anyway, we were initially thinking about going in Feb but was thinking it might be better to wait a few more months for DCA to be complete. Having read Al's latest column, it looks like opening is now possibly projected for August. Do you guys think some of the hype will have faded by November? We have gone before the week prior to T-giving and the week after and have had a pretty quiet trip, is this even going to be a possibility next year?

Thanks for any advice!
    NO...if you are talking about lines for the new attractions themselves...

It took well over a year for the hype to calm down to any noticeable degree with the Submarine Voyage(with Nemo) ..... and that wasn't even all that great of an attraction.

If you are talking more of resort wide, than yes, "some" of the hype will have faded...... but don't count on it being as "quiet" as it has been on previous trips.

Want "quiet"..... go with your initial thinking and visit in Feb.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Re: Nov 2012 trip

Thanks SleepyJeff!