Nicest, Cheapest, and Closest hotel

I know that combined these 3 may be an oxymoron to each other, but I am looking to plan a budget get away for mid to late April of 2012. Anybody have any personal experience in this search? The one lead I have gotten from the little bit of research I have done so far is the Travelodge just north of the Mickey and Friends parking structure. While we're at it, how busy are the parks during the week or 2 after Easter? We would like to go on the weekend so hopefully they are open later and are hoping to miss the bigger crowds. (Our last visit was last Christmas, supposedly they had record crowds that week) Thanks for your help!!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Nicest, Cheapest, and Closest hotel

We went April of this year and it was great. It was a bit later in the month so Spring break was done, but I think you still should be ok for crowds. We stayed at the Travel Lodge on Harbor and it was great. Cheap and included breakfast. It is a bit of a hike to the park but if you are so inclined you can take the Disney Buses from the Toy Story parking lot.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I'll throw out a few.

Howard Johnson's--Has a special discount just for Micechatters. Comparable in size and quality w/ a Radisson. Close to the 5, so freeway noise can be a problem.

Candy Cane--You'll pay a little more ($125/night), but the breakfast is great, the staff are friendly, and it's on the same block as the park. Oldest of the three, but doesn't show it.

Anaheim Inn--Comparable in price w/ Howard Johnson's. Small, serviceable hotel, built in the early 80's. No breakfast served. Limited parking. Closest of the three.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Try the Del Sol Inn. We stay there EVERY time and it has only 59 rooms. BIG rooms too, great for the kiddos. Also, Right across the street from the resort. Litterally, 4 minutes from room to gate.

Also right across the street is the Tropicana Inn and Carousel Inn. Both of these have very comfortable beds and clean rooms. When you are budgeting and considering the hotels across the street keep in mind that they are close enough to walk so you don't need to pay dland parking prices. I think we paid $9 per day to park at Tropicana in May vs. whatever the price at the parking structure is. Also, they each have continental breakfasts...the defininition of continental breakfast is different at each one, some you can eat a sustainable breakfast (therefore saving the cost of breakfast), some are just pastries and juice, probably some fruit.

The Carousel has a pretty good continental breakfast and Quizno's makes up $1 egg burritos or something that you can get up there. I forget what the Tropicana's breakfast was, maybe someone else can tell you.

• Unhelpful User

Try amamo inn, close to the park, (short cut if you cut through the grand california resort). Its a comfy bed to sleep in, because we all know that when we are at DL we are only in the room to sleep, if you book directly on there web site it cheaper, google search alamo inn anaheim. I have never spent more then 49 per night.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

We just booked again for the Alpine Inn. It's a little bit longer of a walk than the hotel across the street but the rate is cheaper and the Inn is less crowded. Here is their link http://www.alpineinnanaheim.com
    Foolish Mortal

• Senior Minion

I have stayed plenty of times at the Howard Johnson's across the street and by using the MiceChat rate you'll get a good rate. Even better if you by chance have an AP and use their retro rates.

• Nerd

The Travel Lodge north of Mickey and Friends parking structure is a long haul to the main entrance. Plan on using a shuttle of some sort - but you'll be at the beck and call of the shuttle schedules. Most of the other suggestions on Harbor are great.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/