Universal Studios Hollywood / Warner Bros Tour Questions - late November

So I have a few questions that I'm going to kind of roll all into one.

Basically, I have Monday, November 28th free during my vacation to SoCal and I wanted to do both Universal Studios and Warner Bros Studio Tour.

To do that I need to know:

1) How busy is Universal Studios usually during that time of the year on a Monday? If I get there when the park opens, how long would it take to do the tram tour, Jurassic Park, Mummy, and Simpsons?

2) What other rides/attractions are worth it? No kids, two adults. I vaguely remember the Waterworld show being good, but I haven't been back in at least 5 years so I really have no idea. Any recommendations on cool stuff to see??

3) Can we wrap all of this up before the Warner Bros tour and make like a 3:40/4pm tour? Universal opens at 10am and we are fine getting there when it opens.

4) Is the Warner Bros tour worth it? Will it be okay, if we start the tour at like 4pm and the sun sets at 4:45pm? I don't know if it gets better/worse/the same at night.

Thanks a bunch for everyone's help!

• Ewok

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood / Warner Bros Tour Questions - late November

i dont know about the warner brothers tour but generally when my family goes to universal studios we can do all the big rides in a few hours. we generally hit up jurassic park and the mummy first then do the simpsons and the backlot tour last.

You think Jurassic Park -> Mummy -> Simpsons -> Tour is the best order?

I'd think backlot tour first would probably be best, but don't really know.

What time of the year / day of the week do you go where you can get all 4 attractions done in a few hours? I really have to think that the Monday after Thanksgiving isn't going to be very busy.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I usually do the Backlot Tour first, then Simpsons, then the lower lot attractions (Mummy, and Jurassic Park). I think it can be done, but you want to be there right at opening.

When my family was visiting CA many years ago we did Universal in the morning, then went to the Tonight Show taping the same day. NBC is right next to Warner Brothers.

The Warner Bros. tour is a decent tour. In some ways it is better than the Universal Tour because it it more up close and personal. Warner Bros is more of a true studio tour, where as the Universal Backlot tour is more of an attraction, even though you are seeing a working lot at Universal. I've done the Warner Bros tour a couple of times, but it's been about 5 years since the last time I've done it. At the time, they did take you off the tour vehicle at certain points, and we had the opportunity to tour some sound stages that were open and available.

• Functional & Decorative

Actually, I would do Simpsons first (the line tends to get long quickly, and it goes fairly slowly), then the lower lot while no one's down there (get everything there out of your system; you won't want to take that escalator multiple times, believe me), and the Tour next. Even if the line for the tour is long, it goes very fast, there's lots of TV screens in line to keep you entertained, and by then, you'll want to sit down anyway. Then the shows and House of Horrors, if you like.

Waterworld is the best show, don't miss it. Terminator isn't bad either. And don't forget to take in the view of the Valley behind the Coke Soak zone.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

So the consensus is we could do both Universal and the WB Tour in the same day if we are there right at opening? We'd have to leave for the WB Tour by 2:30-3:00pm with a 10am opening.

I only "must see" the 4 actual rides. Waterworld would be a plus if possible.

Any downside to the WB Tour when it will be dark for it after the first 45 minutes?