• Minion

How do I get a Christmas Tree to a non-resort hotel room? Ideas...

Hello Mice Chatters,

My wife and I will be going to Disneyland 24th-27th of December. We have been to Disneyland at Christmas many times and love the feeling of Christmas that surrounds the entire resort...BUT... We are staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites. We've stayed there before, inexpensive and close. In the past, I always bring our "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" (Literally a tiny tree marketed as such, about a foot and a half tall with one Ball...it's fun), but a couple of years ago I noticed that our friends that stayed at GCH ordered a Christmas tree for their room from the resort. Cool idea, but not available to cheapy off property hotels.

So...the question... Any creative ideas for getting a tree into the room for the 4 days we are there. I've been looking for a fake tree (4') that would break down into a two foot box, but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know any possible solutions around Anaheim for this sort of thing? Perhaps you've stayed at a nearby hotel and came up with a fun solution yourself. Let me know any ideas you might have.

Thanks for your time.

Re: How do I get a Christmas Tree to a non-resort hotel room? Ideas...

WOW, I work for the disney travel company and ill look into this, someone HAS to ahve an idea

• Minion

Thanks for checking on this, much appreciated.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Are you flying or driving to Anaheim? I'd suggest going to a local Target or Walmart and purchasing a small tree (if you have time) and some decorations and do it yourself. Would be a LOT cheaper than going through a third party.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Are you flying or driving to Anaheim? I'd suggest going to a local Target or Walmart and purchasing a small tree (if you have time) and some decorations and do it yourself. Would be a LOT cheaper than going through a third party.
    Even without a car, for a small tree taking ART route 1 or OCTA route 43 south to Target might work. Then you could buy some decorations in the parks, that will double as souvenires.
    Anaheim Resort Transit
    Bus Service Home

Dream Makers has limited offsite services, but as noted by aimster it's expensive.
    You can contact them at (714) 781-4438).

• Minion

We are flying, and taking the shuttle to the hotel. But, as noted, there is public transport. Thanks for the Dream Makers contact, regardless of price, I'm looking for solutions, all suggestions help.

1) Take a taxi down to Target on Harbor, they'll have a few trees available. Same for Food-4-Less on Katella (about a mile west of Disneyland)
    2) Order from Amazon or Walmart.com, get something in stock (sold by them), have it develivered a day or two before arrival at the hotel. Call the hotel, and simply tell them you'll be getting a package a day or two early, and to hold it for you.

When you arrive they usually will put it in the room, or hold it in the back. If they are really good about it, tip the bell hop a couple bucks for their help in holding it.

I've done this a few times (not for a tree, but for things like flyers and displays for a convention, etc). We always ship them UPS or fedex to the Hotel... it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to do this (especially with the airline baggage fees). It's very common for business travlers, the key is to time it to show a day or two before. With Amazon, it's really easy (especially if you have Prime).

the other ways would be to use a ship-to-store option, and take a taxi cab to that store.

Walmart stocks tree like that for $20 or so, and there is a Walmart right off of the 5, about 2 miles north of Disneyland.

And of course, if you use Amazon, click on one of the links off this site so micechat gets some $$$ for the purchase... making it a win/win for all!

• Minion

GREAT Suggestions!!! Thank you Pinkertonfloyd. Good stuff.

The park sells mini trees in stores. They have two different versions and you can also buy it online. I saw it at frontierland and in Downtown Disney.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

• Minion

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for them.