spring break dates

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone could give me general idea as to when spring break crowds begin and when they start to taper off. I know I have seen the info here before, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Thanks Guys!

• Banned User

Re: spring break dates

I think AZ is among the earliest Spring Breaks, the week of March 19 this year, with is actually Spring equinox. It is really suck because not only is DL crowded, but they are ruuning in off-season, low capacity mode because their local seasonal workers are in class.

I think the local schools try to align with the archaic Christian calendar that puts Easter on April 9th this year.

The easier way to figure it out is to look at the blockout days. DAPs start getting blocked on Saturdays starting March 17th and SoCal Selects lose Fridays starting March 16th (aligning with the first of the spring breaks and spring equinox). Both the SoCal and SoCal Selects lose the entire 2 weeks of Apr 1-14, aligning with the local spring breaks and the Christian Easter.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Some SoCal schools (mine) start Spring Break on March 12th, and touring plans has Spring Break season running from March 10 - April 15.

Hope this helps!

It does vary from school to school but ours will be out the first week in April, which is also Easter Week and one of my daughter's birthday.

Thanks to you all! I appreciate it. We are looking at the week of April 22nd now, so it looks like we should be pretty good as far as missing most of the crowds. Yay!

Interesting info!

How busy is the park during spring break? like when waiting time in hours for lines of rides?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kra0125 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could give me general idea as to when spring break crowds begin and when they start to taper off. I know I have seen the info here before, but for the life of me, I can't find it.
    From a poll I saw elsewhere it clearly incates Spring Break is going to be Saturday March 10th until Sunday April 15th.

Compared to that time the weeks before and after will have minimal crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    How busy is the park during spring break? like when waiting time in hours for lines of rides?
    Very busy. Expect 90-120 minute waits on the better rides, and 20-30 on the quiestest rides. Use FP and get in the park when it opens and leave when it closes. Take a mid day break for napping.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Interesting info!

I've gone for a couple days during spring break a few years ago it was on Good Friday and that Saturday. It was pretty busy, minimum 60 min wait for most rides. Parking at the structure was a bit hectic and just all around walking in the park was crowded. Of course as the day wears on the more crowded it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    From a poll I saw elsewhere it clearly incates Spring Break is going to be Saturday March 10th until Sunday April 15th.

Compared to that time the weeks before and after will have minimal crowds.

Very busy. Expect 90-120 minute waits on the better rides, and 20-30 on the quiestest rides. Use FP and get in the park when it opens and leave when it closes. Take a mid day break for napping.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    I've gone for a couple days during spring break a few years ago it was on Good Friday and that Saturday. It was pretty busy, minimum 60 min wait for most rides. Parking at the structure was a bit hectic and just all around walking in the park was crowded. Of course as the day wears on the more crowded it gets.

Thanks for the info, very informative.

Spring break is just one week or it takes more days?

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Thanks for the info, very informative.

Spring break is just one week or it takes more days?
    Since a number or schools & colleges have their spring breaks during different weeks, it'll span over a month or so at Disneyland. Usually about mid to end March through mid to end April. The parks will be pretty busy during those times. But especially during the middle of that time and when ever the wknd of Good Friday and Easter Sunday, I would say that week will be the core of it.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

We just booked a trip for April 16th and 17th. It sounds like we might be okay for crowds, any thoughts?
    Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by kra0125 View Post
    Thanks to you all! I appreciate it. We are looking at the week of April 22nd now, so it looks like we should be pretty good as far as missing most of the crowds. Yay!
    This is when we are going... anyone have any thoughts to crowd levels or park hours during this week. We will be there mon, tues, and wed. Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Strangely enough the school district I work for isn't doing our spring break this year until April 21st-25th.... We've never not had our spring break either right before or right after Easter Sunday.

But I'm thinking by that late the majority of schools both elementary, secondary and college level will of already finished their breaks, so I'm guessing crowds will be moderate.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Penguinsoda, I am hoping for moderate crowds as that is the week we are going to be there. :0 I figure we should miss most of the madness anyway. Lol.