Thread: Honeymoon Trip?

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Honeymoon Trip?

Ok, so I know it's only January, but if last year was any indication, these years are going by pretty quickly. I am getting Married at the end of October this year and we were planning on going to Disneyland for our Honeymoon. We were thinking of going the beginning of November and I just had a few questions. When should we book the hotel? We were thinking of staying at the Disneyland Hotel this time and just wanted to make sure they would still have rooms. Also, the Disney Honeymoon website is kind of, well lacking in the Disneyland department. If we want to know about honeymoon specials, should we just call the resort? That's really all I can think of right now, since things like crowds and ride closures are not yet known around that time (except for the obvious ones). If there's anything else, let me know!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: Honeymoon Trip?

First, congratulations on the wedding.

Not sure if you did this or not, but here is a link to the Disney Fairytale Honeymoon brochure
    Request a Brochure | Disney Honeymoons
    and yes I would call Disney directly.

Early November should be a great time to visit, but keep in mind that some major
    attractions may be closed during this time.

Hotel wise, I would recommend the Grand California Hotel, but if it is over your budget the Disneyland Hotel will be nice.

Things I would recommend doing during your honeymoon...
    Spa Treatment at the Grand California Hotel
    Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (make reservations)
    World of Color Dining (make reservations for the Trattoria much more romantic)
    Blue Bayou (make reservations)
    Napa Rose at the Grand California Hotel (make reservations)
    Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel (make reservations)
    Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel (go even if you don't drink)

If you really want a romantic dinner and you can drive 15 minutes away, check out The Cellar in Fullerton. It was even designed by some of the same people who worked on Pirates.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I would call Disney directly and look into hotel reservations now, it's never too early. If any special pricing comes up between now and then you can get that promo. But you have to call them and tell them to apply that to your existing reservation.

The month of November is still pretty nice weather at the parks. It's usually a quiet time in the first week or two in November also. Congrats and your wedding and have a great time at the resort!

• Under that tree again!

The one problem with the time of year is it's inbetween seasons. Halloween leaving Christmas coming in. If you can delay to mid November and be there when the parks are in holiday season it could be extra special. Or try to make it by Halloween and do Mickey's Halloween Party.

Otherwise its a quiet time in the parks. That means sleeping in, enjoying late dinners in DTD and the hotels.

I'm not sure you will get a special price because it's a honeymoon. When you make the reservation it will be noted. Usually this means a couple nice things in the rooms like chocolate or a baloon. If lucky a free upgrade to a nicer room.

Lots of good suggestions by Brisal73.

I'd only add, bride and groom mouse ear hats.

If going during the slow time maybe a PhotoPass photographer can follow you around the park a bit and take a lot of pictures. This is rare but if they have no line ask.

If Disney or Disneyland Fans, probably are if you made it to MC. Maybe take a tour.

A drink or two in the Alfresco Lounge in DCA.

Thank you everyone!! I will check out that website.

We did consider staying at the Grand Californian, but it is a little pricey. We aren't ruling it out yet, but we might end up going with the Disneyland Hotel. Also, we are staying for a week, since every time we go, it's only for two day and we sometimes feel rushed. We wanted to take in everything and maybe one day just go to the park at night, or for lunch, etc.

As for the date thing, since our actual wedding date is October 27th, 2012, I figured we'd wait a week to get packed and sort things out. We did think about going the day after the wedding and going to Mickey's Halloween Party on Halloween, since we enjoyed it this past October, but my fiance started a new job on Nov. 1st and we believe he has to work there a year to receive certain benefits (likely vacation days).

If the park is slow, we don't mind. We have gone during some pretty busy times in the past, and it will be refreshing to have a less packed park.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    If the park is slow, we don't mind. We have gone during some pretty busy times in the past, and it will be refreshing to have a less packed park.
    Since you are flexible I would just say avoid whichever weekend Veteran's day falls on, but it sounds like you will be there before then anyway. My husband and I were at WDW for our honeymoon, there was a signed congratulatory photo from Mickey in our room when we got there

Quote Originally Posted by daffodilklown View Post
    Since you are flexible I would just say avoid whichever weekend Veteran's day falls on, but it sounds like you will be there before then anyway. My husband and I were at WDW for our honeymoon, there was a signed congratulatory photo from Mickey in our room when we got there

That sounds awesome!! We're very excited to go!

Next Trip:
    ???

Hello all, a little update.

While still in the honeymoon planning process, I had an idea. Since my fiance has NEVER been to Universal Studios, I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate that into our honeymoon trip. We will still be going to Disneyland, but for one less day. However, I have never done a trip like this before, so maybe some of you could help me out with some questions?

We will most likely leave the morning of Sunday, November 4th. We are planning on taking the greyhound again because 1. I don't project plane tickets to go down THAT much (for a round trip to L.A. and back it's only 192..for BOTH of us on the Greyhound) and 2. I have never driven to Ca. on my own before and personally, I need more freeway experience.

We hope to arrive in L.A. on the 4th around 12pm. Here's were I need some help. Once we get to L.A., we plan to go to Universal Studios, but the greyhound station is not really that close. Would the bus be the best choice? My mom said a taxi would get expensive, so I looked up the Bus systems. Since I'm not from California, would the bus drivers help us out if we had any questions? I saw that the bus DOES go right next to USH which is perfect. My only other option is my brother who lives in downtown L.A. to maybe give us a ride, but we're not sure on that yet.

After that, we will head back to L.A. on the 5th and then to Anaheim that same day. Then 5 days in Disneyland and back home on the 11th.

If any of you know better ways to get from one place to another, let me know!

Next Trip:
    ???

Universal Studios should be fun. I am especially hearing great things about the new Transformers Ride.

If you have the money I would recommend getting the VIP tour at Universal. The main draw of the Hollywood park is the tram ride through the studios.

The VIP takes you on a special vehicle and you actually are allowed to get out and explore the backlot by walking around things most guests never seen. A MUST if you are a big movie fan.
    VIP Experience | Universal Studios Hollywood

How to get there... If you're somewhat adventerous and don't mind the occasional shady person you can take the Metrolink from Anaheim to Union Station and then the Subway to Universal Studios. Once there you take the Tram up the hill. Problem will be the Metrolink ride back to Anaheim since the Metrolink schedule can be limited.

Also keep in mind if you take the subway you can also take a side trip to the Hollywood and Highland stop and see the real Hollywood Blvd (Mann Chinese, Kodak Theater, El Capitan, Cement foot prints, etc...)

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort