• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Disneyland Trip being planned for July 2012

Greetings,

Due to some last minute problems I have had to scrap a trip to WDW in October. This is not so much a bad thing as I'm not really a fan of the opperation out in Orlando. And prefer the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. Unfortunately I would much rather visit the Disneyland Resort during the Summer time to enjoy the longer park hours and schedule. And this has left me with only the option of visiting in the first two weeks of July. I have notice American Independance Day falls in between these two weeks. How are the crowds during July the 4th and is it still worth visiting to check out one of the special Fireworks displays.

Also has anyone stayed at the Marriott Anaheim before. Interested in some feedback?

Thanks

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Disneyland Trip being planned for July 2012

Summer in general is pretty busy at the Resort. On the actual 4th of July it is normally packed due to the special fireworks that is shown for that night. But since it falls during the middle of the week this year it might not be as bad. The weekends should be pretty busy for sure. There is a reason why the summertime has maximum operating hours.....it's going to be busy.

As far as the Marriott, if you are speaking of the one on Convention Way, I've never stayed at that particular one but being rated a 4 star hotel I'm sure it's nice. The only thing that will get you is the $20 daily parking fee I've stayed at a few other Marriotts in the area and I've enjoyed them. I've stayed at the Residence Inn and Marriott Suites, both on Harbor Blvd about 1.5 miles down the street from the parks. The Residence Inn is an all suites so it's nice to have a separate bedroom, small living room & full kitchen. A hot breakfast is also included. At the Marriott Suites it's a similar set up except no kitchen just a fridge, but Starbucks is downstairs in the lobby.

---------- Post added 01-29-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

Also forgot to add in that CarsLand is opening this summer, so expect DCA to be packed when that happens. Even if it does open sometime in June like projected, it'll still be pretty all summer long over at DCA especially.

Re: Disneyland Trip being planned for July 2012

July 4th week and Summer time in general can become VERY BUSY. My best advice is to be there at opening. Especially when you consider that California Adventure should be just as busy due to all of the new attractions that will be open by that time.

Check out my site MouseExpedition.net and let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Last edited by Brisal73; 02-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort