We've got a family trip (9 tickets) coming up in late September. Traveling from Denver to Orange County or LA.
We're traveling on what we've researched to be one of the cheapest days of the year, and traveling on low days-- Saturday to Thursday. We're doing all we can to get these costs down, but for the past 2 months, the airfare has been at or even slightly above the cost to travel in the height of summer.
Stands to reason that this is going to come down, but with so many tickets to buy, I'm wondering if any one has thoughts on risk/reward of waiting this out.
Related question: anyone heard of a way to negotiate a volume discount?
I know there are a lot of locals here, but any response is appreciated. Thanks for reading!