• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Baby it's cold outside

The freeze watch has been cancelled... it's now only a "Frost Advisory" until Sunday. Burrrrr.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Baby it's cold outside

"is it still supposed to freeze tonight?"

"No just frost"

"oh thank god for that, instead of being 33 degrees tonight it'll be 35, I can turn off the heater"

"yup, not too cold, just chilly"

​I want to hide until it's hot again.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Banned User

People outside of southern California think we're a bunch of whiners for complaining about the cold but what some don't understand is this is so rare we're not equipped for it. Earlier this morning KNX was saying some schools were closed due to the cold and some burst pipes and other cold-related issues. The cold wasn't so bad in Minnesota where it gets REALLY cold, but everything is built to prepare for this annual eventuality. Around here we live in comparatively thinner construction for a tropical climate. ...then THIS happens.

I can't wait until THESE TWO hash out who's in charge of what region this year.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    People outside of southern California think we're a bunch of whiners for complaining about the cold but what some don't understand is this is so rare we're not equipped for it. Earlier this morning KNX was saying some schools were closed due to the cold and some burst pipes and other cold-related issues. The cold wasn't so bad in Minnesota where it gets REALLY cold, but everything is built to prepare for this annual eventuality. Around here we live in comparatively thinner construction for a tropical climate. ...then THIS happens.
    I was just having this discussion with someone on FB who was making fun of us because the news was putting the cold as news type thing.

It is just like you said. We are not equipped for temps in the 30's and 20's. Nor are the S. Californian's used to it either.

I am ice in my office...pure ice and its' debilitating. There goes my idea of moving to the east coast anytime soon.

• Dont make me unfriend you

My perception has cold has changed since I've moved to Utah. I remember when I lived in California breaking out my big ski jacket whenever it got down to around 60.

I'm excited. It is supposed to be around 50 in Salt Lake this weekend. It has been down to 6-8 degrees when I drop my kids off at school in the mornings. My kids were going out with friends tonight. I asked if they needed jackets. "Nah, it's 40 degrees out. We will be fine."

I used to think I would die if it was around 40 or 50.... Now, nah, not so much.