Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restaurants around the Disneyland Area

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of any restaurants around the Disneyland area. I am graduating at the Anaheim Convention Center on November 9, and my family is planning on taking me out to dinner after. I'm looking for something like a seafood buffet. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be back on the 11th to visit the park in celebration of my graduation from college!!!

• Around the World Cruisin'

Re: Restaurants around the Disneyland Area

Congratulations on graduation! I still have a some years yet, but I would hope for a Disney graduation present

I don't live in Cali, so I don't know the area as well as others would, but would the Downtown Disney area be an option? I know that they have some great restaurants there, although they may be crowded.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Joes Crab Shack!

• Future Indy Castmember

There are two Denny's locations around the resort. Ones on Harbor Blvd and ones on Katella Ave. There are several others so you might want to check it out.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by iTS a SMaLL WoRLD_ View Post
    Congratulations on graduation! I still have a some years yet, but I would hope for a Disney graduation present

I don't live in Cali, so I don't know the area as well as others would, but would the Downtown Disney area be an option? I know that they have some great restaurants there, although they may be crowded.
    Thank you!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Seafood Buffet, I like the International Buffet on Harbor in Garden Grove.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1151153/1/53693766

Note, the photos are from January 2006, and the prices have risen slightly since then.

But with all the cooking stations, including the Mongolian BBQ, you should have enough choices for everyone, no matter there prefences.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Slightly OT but I would appreciate it if someone would post some reviews/opinions of offsite but near the resort favorite:

Pizza Place
    Mexican Food
    Thai Food
    Chinese Food

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Firstly, congrats on your graduation! It's such a cool but strange feeling.

So seafood, huh? Yeah, there's Joe's Crab Shack. Kind of like a seafood version of Applebee's. Are you going for fancy at all? Just plain good food at Mimi's Cafe on Harbor next to the Howard Johnson hotel. There's a Buca Di Beppo and Red Robin on Harbor at Chapman (I think that's the cross-street).

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Here's a list from the Anabella Hotel of restaurants in the Disneyland area.

http://www.anabellahotel.com/attr_restaurants.htm

Anaheim Restaurants

The Anabella Hotel is surrounded with restaurants to satisfy every taste. Whether you want to grab something quick near the convention center, dine out with the family or a have a nice dinner out on the town - you can find dining in every cuisine.
    Price Chart
    $ = $ 0.00 - $ 15.00
    $$ = $ 15.00 - $ 30.00
    $$$ = $ 30.00 - $ 50.00
    $$$$ = $ 50.00 & up
    American Restaurants

Tangerine Grill & Patio
    Located Inside the Anabella Hotel
    1030 W. Katella
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    Experience the fusion of classic ingredients and colorful flavors pulled from the Pacific Rim and Southern California. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. the Tangerine Grill includes a children's menu, outdoor dining and a full service bar for your dining pleasure. $$
    Café Oasis
    777 Convention Way
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/750-4321
    Relaxed dining in an attractive, tropical-themed atrium cafe. Open daily from 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. Renowned for its abundant breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. Child's menu. All major credit cards accepted. $
    The Catch Seafood & Steakhouse
    1929 S. State College Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    714/634-1829
    The Catch Seafood Grill has been Orange County's local favorite since 1979, serving only the freshest seafood from around the world, "Certified Angus" prime rib, pastas and California's finest wines. Dress: Business/casual. Child's menu. Lunch Mon. - Fri. 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Dinner Mon. - Thurs. 5-9:30 p.m.; Fri. - Sat. 5-10 p.m. Happy hour Mon. - Fri. 3-7 p.m. All major credit cards accepted. $$
    ESPN Zone®
    Downtown Disney® District
    Tackle a lineup of American grill specialties. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All major credit cards accepted.
    Goofy's Kitchen
    Disneyland® Hotel
    Enjoy an all-you-care-to-eat-buffet. Goofy and his pals have created an imaginative meal for you to sit back and enjoy. He and his friends will even visit you at your table to sign autographs and take memorable photographs. All major credit cards accepted. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    HomeTown Buffet
    1630 W. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92803
    714/539-2234
    Family-style restaurant with good prices, high quality foods and terrific service. Featuring two salad bars, vegetables, fruits, side dishes, main entrees, desserts and beverage station. Dining days/hours: Breakfast, Sun., 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.; lunch, Mon. - Sat., 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; dinner, Mon. - Thur., 3:30 - 9 p.m.; Fri. - Sat., 3:30 - 9:30 p.m. Banquet capacity 60. Casual dress. DS, MC, V. $
    House of Blues®
    Enjoy Delta-inspired dishes in the comfort of a relaxing atmosphere. Blues music is always playing as you dine on delicious Cajun food. All major credit cards accepted. open for lunch and dinner.
    J.T. Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery
    2610 E. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    714/937-1901
    Incredible dining atmosphere including a display kitchen and brewery. Gourmet microbrews combined with upscale California cuisine. Banquet facilities, live music and patio dining. Located across from the Arrowhead Pond. Dress casual. Hours: Mon. - Fri. 11:30 a.m.-12 midnight; Sat. 12 p.m.-2 a.m.; Sun. 10 a.m.-12 midnight. AE-DC-DS-MC-V. $$
    Millie's Restaurant
    1480 S. Harbor Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/535-6892
    Family style restaurant offering good food and great desserts. Fresh salads, steaks and all you can eat buffet. Across from Disneyland's main entrance. Child's menu. Dress casual. Open daily 6 a.m. - midnight. All major credit cards accepted. $
    Mr. Stox
    1105 E. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    714/634-2994
    Mr. Stox has been awarded the prestigious DiRoNa Award, as well as Southern California Restaurant Writer's Golden Bacchus Award (wine list) and Golden Sceptre (cuisine) Award. Mr. Stox is known for its homemade breads, fresh pasta, prime New York steaks, lamb, veal and always fresh seafood. Elegant atmosphere, cozy booths, cocktail lounge, 900+ wine list. Pianist nightly. Private party rooms. Reservations are suggested at this family-owned business. Lunch 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Mon. - Fri. Dinner 5:30-10 p.m. daily. Child's menu. All major credit cards accepted. $$$
    Tiffy's Family Restaurant
    1060 W. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/635-1801
    Family-style restaurant. Fresh strawberry Belgian waffles, homemade soup, salads and gourmet burgers. Succulent barbeque ribs and tender prime rib. Featuring the best homemade ice cream in Anaheim. Player piano. Open seven days. Mon. - Fri., 6 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sat. and Sun., 6 a.m. - midnight. Banquet capacities: 50. Child's menu. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. MC, V. $

Chinese

Ming Delight Restaurant

409 W. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92831
    714/758-0978
    Featuring Mandarin, Cantonese and Szechuan traditional foods while dining in an elegantly furnished restaurant. Within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center and Disneyland Park. Banquet capacity: 100-300. Children eat free with paying adult. Open for lunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; dinner 5-10 p.m. DS-MC-V. $
    Wah Sing Chinese Restaurant
    575 Chapman Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/740-1888
    Authentic Chinese cuisine located near the Anaheim Convention Center. Luncheon buffet served daily. Banquet capacity: 200. Open daily 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. AE,V. $

Italian
    Anaheim White House
    887 S. Anaheim Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    714/772-1381
    The Anaheim White House serves elegant Italian and seafood. Honored as one of the best restaurants in Orange County. 1999 winner of "Best Chef in Southern California" and "Golden Scepter" for Italian cuisine. This 1909 restored Victorian home is an Anaheim hidden treasure. From 1999 Zagat, "Absolutely outstanding...excellent in Italian fare...superb service...always an experience." Reservations recommended. Occasionally the entire house can be rented for private parties up to 500 people. Dress attire preferred, coat and tie not required. Open for lunch Mon. - Fri. 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dinner served daily 5-10 p.m. Banquet capacity 200. AE-V-MC. $$$$

Bella Marri's
    20 S. Anaheim Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    714/991-9700
    Italian family restaurant located less than one mile from the Anaheim Convention Center. Serving pastas, veal, chicken, pizza and seafood. Open daily for lunch/dinner. All major credit cards accepted. $

Luigi's D'Italia
    801 S. State College Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    714/490-0990
    Authentic Italian restaurant, fresh seafood daily, veal, homemade pastas, all family owned and operated with over 15 years of fine service. Banquet capacities: 25-30. Casual dress. Entertainment. Lunch, dinner. AE-DS-MC-V. $
    Mama Cozza's Italian Restaurant
    2170 W. Ball Road
    Anaheim, CA 92804
    714/635-0063
    Celebrating over 33 years of fine Italian cuisine and casual dining. Open for lunch and dinner. Food to go - Early Bird menu - cozy neighborhood bar - reasonable prices. Child's menu. Reservations suggested. Private room accommodates up to 150. Mon. - Thurs., 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Fri., 11:30 a.m.-11p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sun., 4-10 p.m. AE-DC-DS-MC-V. $
    Pavia - Hilton Anaheim
    777 Convention Way
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/750-4321
    Pavia recreates the ambience of a Mediterranean villa and serves a selection of fresh pastas, seafood and Italian specialties. Live entertainment of romantic Italian ballads and show tunes. Banquet area available. Reservations recommended. All major credit cards accepted. $$$

Japanese

Benihana
    2100 E. Ball Rd
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    714/774-4940
    Enjoy steak, chicken, seafood and vegetables prepared right before your eyes by your very own showman chef! Winner "Best Japanese Restaurant" by the Orange County Register. Full sushi bar. Lunch Mon. - Sat., 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sun. 1-4 p.m. Dinner Mon. - Thurs., 5-10 p.m.; Fri. - Sat., 5-11 p.m.; Sun. 4-9 p.m. Reservations recommended. Child's menu. All major credit cards accepted. $$
    The Sushi Bar
    Hilton Anaheim
    Master Sushi chefs prepare fresh seafood, Japanese sushi, and sashimi. The Sushi Bar is open from 6-11 Monday - Saturday. $$
    Yamabuki
    Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel
    Delight in Japanese specialties such as sushi or teriyaki dishes. This traditional restaurant will bring the Orient to your table. All major credit cards accepted. Open for lunch and dinner.

Latin & Mexican

Acapulco Restaurant
    1410 S. Harbor Blvd
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/956-7380
    Acapulco offers a festive atmosphere to enjoy deliciously prepared Mexican dishes like sizzling fajitas, authentic Mexican combinations, seafood specialties and delicious margaritas. Dress: casual. Banquet capacity: 75. Child's menu. Karaoke Tues. - Sat. Open Mon. - Thurs. 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Fri. - Sat. 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sun. 10 a.m.-10 p.m. All major credit cards accepted. $

El Torito
    1801 E. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    714/634-1888
    Contemporary Mexican food with a "fresh attitude." El Torito is proud to present a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes served in old Mexican-style atmosphere by a professional, attentive staff. Best known for margaritas, fresh sizzling fajitas, Sunday brunch buffet and an innovative happy hour. Dining hours: Lunch: Mon. - Sat., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dinner: Mon. - Thu. 3-10 p.m.; Fri. - Sat. 3-11 p.m.; Sun. 2-10 p.m. Sunday brunch: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Banquet capacities: 35-200. Casual dress. Child's menu. All major credit cards accepted. $
    Fresca's Mexican Grill
    2085 E. Katella Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    714/935-0666
    Freshly made Sonoran-style Mexican food. Served in an upbeat, yet casual setting. Patio dining available. All major credit cards accepted. $
    La Casa Garcia
    531 W. Chapman Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    714/740-1108
    Family-style authentic Mexican cuisine served in a cozy home-style atmosphere. Specializing in Mexican seafood dishes, carne asada, sizzling fajitas and frothy margaritas. Open seven days Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sat. - Sun. 8 a.m-11 p.m. Casual dress. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. AE-MC-V. $
    Tortilla Jo's
    Taste an authentic mixture of Mexican culinary traditions. Included and outdoor margarita bar and quick-service window. Open for lunch and dinner. All major credit cards accepted.
    If you own an Anaheim restaurant and would like to exchange listings, please email us your information.
    As to Disney photos, logos, properties: ©Disney

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    Joes Crab Shack!
    The only problem with Joe's Crab Shack is that there is NO parking around there. I have gone several times and I can't find a place to park to save my life.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The only problem with Joe's Crab Shack is that there is NO parking around there. I have gone several times and I can't find a place to park to save my life.
    Do they have valet parking there? I know that the Joe's Crab Shack in Newport Beach has valet, so perhaps the Garden Grove location does as well.

Also further south on Harbor in Garden Grove there is a Red Lobster.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Actually, if you've not had a chance to go to Buca--being from New York et al, it's really a fun affair. All the food portions are HUGE (and expensive) but it encourages you to discuss with your fellow diners what you wish to indulge in. It reminds me of the terrific dives you can discover in Little Italy in NYC--it's fun and it's a hint of home.

Sometimes they have seafood dishes, but the focus is on Italian food.

I'm not a big fan of Joe's Crab Shack. It's wonderously loud and hard to talk to one another. Besides, it's chain.

Come to think of it, so is Buca di Beppo.

Why not take the time to drive over to Newport? I know there's the great Crab Cooker out there. It's a fish market with basic seating, but the food is fresh and, again, a terrific dive, as it were.

Most of all, it's your graduation---it's going to be memorable whereever you decide to go.

If you are a Disney fan, there's something to be said eating on site in Downtown or the Hotels.

Whatever you decide, let us know! You've already enticed us with your tentative plans--share your memories when done!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

There is also a Crab Cooker in Tustin, great food, but not a buffet, which was the OP request.

For a seafood buffet, I still think the International Buffet is a good choice, plenty of Seasfood and Sushi, plus plenty of "meat" for those who prefer non-seafood items.

Also reasonable priced. You can usually find a discount coupon in the travel magaznes located in your hotel room and/or front desk areas.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Neep meep beep

I drove by the Gardenwalk yesterday and saw the Cheesecake Factory and Bubba Shrimp signs are up - very exciting, all the new restaurant choices that are going in!

Yes, Bubba Gumps looked pretty close to being done, though not in time for your graduation! Congrats on the college diploma! Only one more year and I will have my daughter through college, and only have 3 more kids to work on, sheesh! ;-) Something in downtown Disney would sound fun...maybe House of Blues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast