Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's a good site for finding cheap quality hotels near DLR?

I'm hoping to make a trip to the Disneyland Resort before years end and am looking for the most reasonably priced quality hotel close to the park?

Any suggestions on places to stay?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: What's a good site for finding cheap quality hotels near DLR?

We have just the forum for you here:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/forum...nning-261.html

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Well, I like Hotwire, others like Priceline, but the drawback to those sites, you have no idea the exact hotel you will get, so you might be farther away from the park.

Travelaxe.com is a good site, and you can set the Distance setting after al the hotels have loaded. Type in "1313 s harbor blvd" into the address block in the upper left, and zoom in the map a bit. Then click "Distance" in the bar below the map.

That will give you a list of the closest hotels to the park.

One "budget" choice I like, the Motel 6, with its internet rate.

About a mile walk, the hotel is on Disney Way near the new GardenWalk mall. Basic, but the hotel used to be a Red Roof Inn, so larger rooms than normal, decent pool and hot tub, and a low price. Other says they can get the Anaheim Plaza for about the same rate, and that is closer, at the corner of Harbor and Disney Way.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 10-26-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typos
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Well, I like Hptwire, tohers like Priceline, but the drawback to those sites, you have no idea the exact hotel you will get, so you might be farther away from the park.

Travelaxe.com is a good site, and you can set the Distance setting after al the hotels have loaded. Type in "1313 s harbor blvd" into the address block in the upper left, and zoom in the map a bit. Then click "Distance" in the bar below the map.

About a mile walk, the hotel is on Disney Way near the new GardenWalk mall. Basic, but the hotel used to be a Red Roof Inn, so larger rooms than normal, decent pool and hot tub, and a low price. Other says they can get the Anaheim Plaza for about the same rate, and that is closer, at the corner of Harbor and Disney Way.
    Thanks DB... I appreciate the input.

Any others are equally as welcomed and appreciated.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

If you are in the early planning stages this site might help you:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

It shows the hotels/motels close to the park so you can get an overview of the area. Personally since we drive over we use Priceline 'name your own price' for hotel rooms.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

If you want to be walking distance to the park I've never had problems with
    Best Western Park Place Inn-closest walking distance offsite
    Tropicana
    Camelot Inn & Suites
    Carousal
    Hojos

I've had bad experiences at
    Park Vue
    Del Sol
    Desert Inn & Suites
    Fairfield

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

All these replies are amazingly helpful and awesome.

• Minion

I stayed at the Desert Inn and suites last feb. It was $69 a night. It wasn't bad at all. Older, but clean and very close to DLR. I got that rate on their own website.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Whatever you do, just avoid the Castle Inn at all cost!

Unless of course you like rooms with cockroaches, stains of unknown origin on the upholstery, sparking electrical outlets, rude employee's and not enough guest parking.

But I don't think you do...

• Merry 2014!

I've stayed at the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr a couple of times. Nothing fancy, pretty clean, near an ART stop and a convience store on the corner. Usually I have paid about 57.00. There is another on Katella that is quite a ways from DL.

Check sites like Hotels.com and Expedia as the Super 8 site has had higher rates. Travelaxe is really useful as is Trip Advisor. Make sure you check the rates at the motel's website to know if you are getting a deal from a broker such as Expedia.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Thank you again to everyone who has responded thus far. This is a truly awesome community and I am glad to be a part of it. The info provided is definitely going to be put to good use as I try to find a decent place to rest my head while at the Happiest Place on Earth.

• Artsy Fartsy

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I've stayed at the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr a couple of times. Nothing fancy, pretty clean, near an ART stop and a convience store on the corner. Usually I have paid about 57.00. There is another on Katella that is quite a ways from DL.

Check sites like Hotels.com and Expedia as the Super 8 site has had higher rates. Travelaxe is really useful as is Trip Advisor. Make sure you check the rates at the motel's website to know if you are getting a deal from a broker such as Expedia.

I second the Super 8 chain. I try to stay there every time I visit the park. I actually stay at the one on Katella and drive into the park(AP). But if you were walking or taking the ART I would recomend the Super 8 on Ball/Disneyland Dr. You can't beat $59 a night either.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Well, I like Hotwire, others like Priceline, but the drawback to those sites, you have no idea the exact hotel you will get, so you might be farther away from the park.

Has anyone stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel? Any feedback? Is it clean and comfortable?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Hi JBF - I also suggested the Anaheim Plaza to you in your other thread, but I can add more here.

Their rates are great for the location - what I've come to like about them is that they don't seem to do the supply/demand stuff - their rates are the rates they charge all the time. Other hotels on Harbor might have some rooms you can get at a steal, but as soon as they start getting booked up, or if there is a special event that weekend, the prices skyrocket (Del Sol is a great example of this). Generally, you are looking at $60/night plus the taxes.

I know a lot of people get excited when they use priceline and get a room for $50, but I'd rather pay $60 and know where I'm going to be - and I prefer being within a walking distance to the park. Do you read Fishbulb's trip reports? They mention "parking lot X" a lot -well, when you park at that lot, your walk is about the same as if you were in the furthest building on the Anaheim Plaza property. We would usually walk across Harbor and go up along the sidewalks next to DCA instead of walking in all the heavy foot traffic of the hotels. It's fast that way also because you aren't having to stop all the time for people in cars pulling in or out of a hotel parking lot.

But for the hotel itself - we stayed there October of last year for 2 nights. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were staying with my dad and stepmom in one of their "family suites" (really pushing it IMO to be called a suite when it is just a pair of rooms with the connecting door unlocked). My dad had the room in his name, but they were flying in later. We pulled in with the rental van and hoped to be able to park there instead of Mickey & Friends. I walked in and started explaining to them that the room isn't in my name blah blah blah and the front desk girl asked my name and said they were expecting me (my dad had added my name to the reservation and told them I'd be getting there prior to his arrival) and while they couldn't let us into the room, they could certainly let us use the parking (at the $7 daily fee).

The room was fine. We really were on the farthest part of the property from the DL gate, but that was nice because it was quieter. The hotel hosts receptions and parties and on our first night there was a wedding reception and a quincera going on so the lobby area was crazy, but back in our room, you couldn't hear a thing!

I honestly don't remember a huge amount about the room, but the way I see it, that's a good thing! I'm more likely to remember something negative about a hotel and not want to stay there again. I'd gladly stay at the Anaheim Plaza again, and would have this trip if not for the Del Sol shockingly having a better rate for the week and being just that much closer to the gates.

Oh, one nice thing is the hotel across Disney Way - the Ramada I think - has all sorts of food options including espresso!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• DizMee

Anaheim Visitors Guide shows all of the hotel and motels within walking distance of Disneyland. Sometimes its hard to compare where your staying with closer hotel but the maps mak it easy.

Last edited by dizmee; 01-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast