Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 on W. Katella?

if so, what were your experiences? was it within a safe walkign distance from the park? how was the cleanliness and service? Sorry to be asking so many questions... I'm just on an extremely strict budget and I want to insure I at least stay somewhere clean and comfortable in addition to affordable. I'm trying to pay under $60 a night if possible due to me travelling alone.

My dates are December 11 and December 12th, leaving on the 13th. If anyone can assist, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Jungle Book Fever; 11-19-2007 at 07:58 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 on W. Katella?

Are you looking at that price with or without tax? I just checked the reservation system at the Anaheim Plaza hotel on Harbor (across from the entrance to the Timon lot and a very easy walk) and they have a room with a king size bed available for your dates for $60. Worth considering anyway - and a lot closer than the Super 8! We've stayed at the Anaheim plaza before and would have stayed there again but got a better deal on the Del Sol this trip.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Are you looking at that price with or without tax? I just checked the reservation system at the Anaheim Plaza hotel on Harbor (across from the entrance to the Timon lot and a very easy walk) and they have a room with a king size bed available for your dates for $60. Worth considering anyway - and a lot closer than the Super 8! We've stayed at the Anaheim plaza before and would have stayed there again but got a better deal on the Del Sol this trip.
    I will definitely look into it. I appreciate the input. Any assistance I can get is welcomed greatly.

We stayed at the Super 8 on Katella in June. We ended up walking to the park most mornings and using the ART in the evening. It was about a 12 minute walk. The motel on the whole was nothing to write home about. The breakfast options were sparse and included: toast, donuts, two types of cereal, coffee and juice - I think they offered orange and apple. Beds were okay, rooms were dated, and probably as clean as they could get them. The GardenWalk construction is going on on the other side of the pool, but we didn't spend enough time in the room for it to be a nuisance. Hope this helps!

•   
    • Seasick

I stayed there just this month. It was the cheapest hotel in the area that didn't get terrible reviews on various sites. The area felt safe to me. The walk was fine. If you can handle walking around Disneyland all day, you can handle the walk from the hotel to the parks. As already mentioned, the breakfast was mediocre (but standard for the area). I usually just grabbed a donut and muffin on my way out.

My room was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were fine.

The only drawback to this hotel in my opinion was the thin walls. You could hear a TV next door even at a reasonable volume. I was almost never disturbed, but a noisy neighbour could get annoying in a hurry. Probably a good idea to request the top floor.

It was nice having a 7-11 nearby. I usually grabbed a bottle of pop on my way (half the price you'll pay in the parks). A few fast food options nearby for cheap meals as well. Subway, chinese food, and pizza by the slice amongst others.