sorry couldn't resist
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• GM at a Hotel near DL

Re: New Hotel Manager Seeks Advice

I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your posts! Thanks for giving me your input.

I just got back from a week long training and I'm playing catch up.

• Disneyland or Bust

OUr family stayed years ago at your hotel, and were very dissappointed! We have never taken a second look since then. I wish we were able to change our location for our upcoming trip, but we are directly accross the street. And I think are paying a little less for 8 nights.....and we do have a microwave in the room, so I don't think hubby will switch. But I will definately consider when we book our next visit...sounds great!

• Circle of Ancients

If your going to be offering some kind of in-room dining (not sure) make sure it doesn't end at 11pm.

Most of the hotels in the resort area stop serving room-service and their restaurants close at 11pm. Even on NYE.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Can't tell you how many times I was STARVING for a club sandwich or a salad at 1am only to find I couldn't get one.

When people are hungry, they will gladly pay for over-priced food, 18% tip and delivery charges.

• GM at a Hotel near DL

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5 View Post
    OUr family stayed years ago at your hotel, and were very dissappointed! We have never taken a second look since then. I wish we were able to change our location for our upcoming trip, but we are directly accross the street. And I think are paying a little less for 8 nights.....and we do have a microwave in the room, so I don't think hubby will switch. But I will definately consider when we book our next visit...sounds great!
    If you check out our website by googling "Comfort Inn Maingate" you'll see we've done some renovations since your stay. Since Spring, we've placed new bedding, including pillow top mattresses, renovated the pool, new carpeting, and increased the bandwidth on our Wireless Network. Not to mention that beginning in mid January, we're completely renovating the rest of the furniture in the room (curtains, night stands, chairs, head boards, picture frames, and dressers.

I'm not exactly sure what your problems were when you stayed, but since the beginning of my management in September 2007, I've been aggressively improving the hotel.

BTW, our Kid's suites have microwaves in them and a separate room with bunk beds.

• GM at a Hotel near DL

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If your going to be offering some kind of in-room dining (not sure) make sure it doesn't end at 11pm.

Most of the hotels in the resort area stop serving room-service and their restaurants close at 11pm. Even on NYE.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Can't tell you how many times I was STARVING for a club sandwich or a salad at 1am only to find I couldn't get one.

When people are hungry, they will gladly pay for over-priced food, 18% tip and delivery charges.
    We don't have a restaurant in our facilities, but I'm working on getting a special discounts for our guests with the local food establishments. I'll be sure to look for a 24 hour delivery joint that we can partner with to get you that grub you're starving for, and not overcharge you

• Minion

I say have your maids spray Febreze or something, because of the stinky musty smell most hotels have.
    Har har har

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123