Cool Disneyland the week after President's Day?

My family made reservations to visit DL on President’s Day weekend, but upon realizing that it will probably be as busy as Thanksgiving, New Year’s, and Christmas, decided to change our plans. We’ll be visiting with our 9-month-old twins and didn’t want to combat large crowds with a double-wide stroller.

Does anyone know what it will be like the following week, Thursday, February 21 through Sunday, February 24? I know there will be a “Wired for Spirit” National Cheerleading competition in Anaheim that weekend (Feb 23-24), but I did not see any other significant events. Yet, Disneyland is open nearly the same hours as the President’s Day weekend with all the same shows and parades.

I know weekends are normally busy, but will it be substantially less crowded than President’s Day?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland the week after President's Day?

I suggest checking out this sticky for 'When it will be busy in 2008'

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...008-86961.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Expect the worst. Then, it won't seem as bad when it happens. I thought that New Years Eve, and had a great time!

Coincidentally, I'll be there that same weekend. But, as pratt55 suggested, that thread is the best info we have for right now.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the cheerleaders competition has a huge impact on the resort, and Sir Clinksalot lists Feb. 23-24 as a weekend to be avoided at all costs.

It used to be that Disneyland had a fairly defineable off-season and times when it wouldn't be as busy. Those are becoming fewer and farther between all the time it seems.

I agree with the reasoning of expect it to be busy, and be pleasantly surprised if it's not.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Expect the worst. Then, it won't seem as bad when it happens. I thought that New Years Eve, and had a great time!

Coincidentally, I'll be there that same weekend. But, as pratt55 suggested, that thread is the best info we have for right now.
    I plan to be there then too since it is my birthday weekend. I hope to see my favorite newly engaged couple.

Wow, after reading the posts about cheerleader invasions (e.g., screaming on the rides, screaming in the lines, practicing drills and routines in line, chanting obnoxiously in restaurants, etc.), I think I would rather do battle with 65,000-strong President's Day crowd! President's Day it is...