• Pathetically Obsessed

Hotels across the street from DL?

I'm planning a trip down to the resort in early March (SWEET!) and wondered which hotels were directly across the street from the walking entrance to Disneyland?

We were down there in early December (and yes, I LOVED the castle overlay as well as all the Christmas decorations) and we stayed at the Fairfield Inn.

But what other hotels are right there across the street from the entrance (where the buses go in)? We'd just like to walk to the park and not take an ART bus.

Thanks for your help!

-IBW
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Hotels across the street from DL?

Here is a thread in the travel section that covers just that. In addition the 9th post down has a link to a map that shows you exactly where each hotel is.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...dlr-83130.html

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    I'm planning a trip down to the resort in early March (SWEET!) and wondered which hotels were directly across the street from the walking entrance to Disneyland?

We were down there in early December (and yes, I LOVED the castle overlay as well as all the Christmas decorations) and we stayed at the Fairfield Inn.

But what other hotels are right there across the street from the entrance (where the buses go in)? We'd just like to walk to the park and not take an ART bus.

Thanks for your help!

-IBW
    http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

I like this one.
    Janette

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

The one right at the traffic light is the Best Wester Park Place. If your back is to the park the one to the left of this is the Tropicana Inn, then Carousal Inn & Suites then Camelot Inn & Suites. To your right of of the BWPPI is IHOP then if I'm not mistaken the Del Sol, Best Western Anaheim Inn and the Desert Inn & Suites

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• DL Nerd

you'll never know how much that thread made me want to go back to DLR...

*Cries*
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Pathetically Obsessed

You guys rock!

Any tips on Priceline strategies for getting cheaper rooms (other than the listed price) at those particular hotels?
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• I'm not really here

We've only stayed at the Park Vue right in front of the park there. You come out of the hotel and you are LITERALLY at the crosswalk to enter the park. The big "Dreams" arches are right across the street. It was a 6 minute walk from the very back of the hotel where our room was to the main gate (security was light when we were there). The hotel was fine for us. It wasn't anything special or fancy, but we were only there to sleep as we were in the parks from opening till they politely ushered us out the gate.

The breakfast room is also a patio on the 2nd floor overlooking Tomorrowland. You can see Space Mountain, the rocket and the Matterhorn easily.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    You guys rock!

Any tips on Priceline strategies for getting cheaper rooms (other than the listed price) at those particular hotels?
    We do have a thread all about using Priceline. Any other questions please feel free to ask but you might want to try looking around in these areas first or using the search feature.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...eim-81895.html

We have stayed at a few of those motels if you would like some input...

We stayed at the Best Western in 2005 and the beds were so hard that I couldn't sleep even after numerous days of walking the parks (and I like a firm mattress).

We've been to the Desert Inn more than once. If you have big group they have some nice sized rooms that can connect, including multiple bathrooms. Have only ever seen one cockroach in about three or four stays. They usually have an ad at the back of the AAA Via magazine for a good deal.

We stayed at the Carousel this last trip for the Rally and it was nice and clean although the rooms were a little small. We were on the fifth floor and I had the best shower ever, hot water, and lots of it. Unfortunately, my friend was on the fourth floor and her shower was a little trickle...

Hope this helps!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

IBW - I'll try not to be jealous...

We stayed at the Del Sol in December and while it wasn't wonderful, my only real complaint about it was the lack of internet. I walked from the security tents to my room in about 6 minutes one afternoon, so that isn't too bad.

I would read the priceline tips and also check around at other sites like getawaytoday.com

Have fun!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Priceline or Hotwire will not guarantee you one of those hotels, in fact, they tend to not be part of either service.

I like using Travelaxe.com to check a bunch of different hotel resellers and see if I can get a good rate for a specific hotel.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Pathetically Obsessed

Thanks Tiff and Darkbeer (cool! DB responded to my post - look at me!!!! ) Excellent tips.

I've noticed that those hotels are not listed on Priceline and Expedia. I'll try the other sites.

Tiff - it's been two months since I've seen you or SM or any of the other NW MC'ers. When are we getting together again?!
    Last edited by InspiredByWalt; 02-06-2008 at 07:21 AM.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?