Disney Etickets online

Me and two others are finally having our first holiday to Disneyland this coming September and have been looking into purchasing Disney tickets. We were originally going to opt for a 3 day hopper through our Travel Agent but I noticed that on the disney.com website we can get a 4 day hopper for about the same price and with a one day early entrance.

What I was wondering was how the eTicket worked that you printed off. Has anyone used this before. How long does it last for just in case we ordered them this week but are not travelling till September. Is that possible to do or will we have to order them just before we go?

Thanks for any info.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Disney Etickets online

I did an eTicket last October for the Mickey's Halloween Treat. That one was for a specific day (and was only good for that day) but I understand the park hopper or regular tickets that you order work in a similar fashion, but aren't limited to the day they are printed.

Once you print out the ticket, it will have a bar code on it that they will scan when you enter the park. The ticket does not become active until its scanned. Therefore, you can buy the ticket online, print it out in say.... July and it won't count until it is scanned through the first time. Once they scan the bar code on the print out, the computer will spit out a regular ticket, they hand you that and they keep the printed eTicket.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have bought tickets online. However, I always ask that they mail them to me.

Thumbs up Re: Disney Etickets online

Thank you very much for your help penguinsoda and barbaraann. Feeling more confident about it now and cant wait to book our tickets to finally go to Disneyland. Thanks again

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyAngeluk View Post
    Me and two others are finally having our first holiday to Disneyland this coming September and have been looking into purchasing Disney tickets. We were originally going to opt for a 3 day hopper through our Travel Agent but I noticed that on the disney.com website we can get a 4 day hopper for about the same price and with a one day early entrance.

What I was wondering was how the eTicket worked that you printed off. Has anyone used this before. How long does it last for just in case we ordered them this week but are not travelling till September. Is that possible to do or will we have to order them just before we go?

Thanks for any info.
    If you are staying on property, they might give you the ticket at the front desk of the hotel. I think that's how they work it with that, if you don't request they mail them to you. If not, it must be like Pengy said.

• I'm wishing

The 3 day Hopper Bonus Ticket available at Disneyland.com right now is $169. It says it's good through January 5, 2009 (but only for only 13 more days after your first day of use).

I bought an electronic ticket for my last two trips and had no problems whatsoever.
    Matthew

I bought etaicktes from Australia last year. It was very easy.

What I did do was to print off multiple copies, and put them in each of our bags, and left one at home, in case our bags were lost or stolen. Only the first copy scanned works. I always do this with tickets, insurance, passports, etc. That way if the wosrt happens, I can have the documents faxed to me from home.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Im so pleased to hear that others have used this service and have no problems. I will be booking them this weekend and cant wait. Thanks so much all for your help.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Buy.. print.. use The barcode is what is important. You'll get an email with an attachment to print. It's definitely the way to go as its cheaper then any other method (except special promotions).

You go directly to the gate, and at the turnstyle they scan your paper and then print out a normal ticket for you.

With an e-ticket, they can also work on replacing lost tickets. Something they can't do for normal tickets.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged