• Purple Crates ♥

Airport shuttles

Looking for some inexpensive recommendations for a shuttle to and from LAX. I found one for $30 r/t is that good?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Airport shuttles

we took super shuttle once from LAX to the resort area, worked with no problems

however, i find it a lot easier and more pleasant to just rent a car and drive
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

I say fly into john wayne and take the super shuttle for 10.00. Not sure how much you save in money, but in time its awsome! What ever you do Cyre, please let us know what you came up with to help other micechatters needing the same answer. oh and we will want a trip report Have a great time when you go!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I agree, my first choice is usually to rent a car...

From LAX, I like The Disneyland Express Airport Bus..

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

$28 round trip if you buy in advance.

No driving thru neighborhoods dropping off locals, as might be the case if you use a shuttle van. Nice large comfortable seats.

If you are flying into Long Beach or John Wayne (SNA), I recommend a taxi, about $40 plus tip, and if you have multiple people in your party, basically the same price as the Shuttle Vans, but a cab is non-stop and straight to your hotel, and you are not sandwiched in a van with other groups.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I say fly into john wayne and take the super shuttle for 10.00. Not sure how much you save in money, but in time its awsome! What ever you do Cyre, please let us know what you came up with to help other micechatters needing the same answer. oh and we will want a trip report Have a great time when you go!!
    I second on flying into John Wayne Air Port, it is a lovely air port and not nearly as crowded as LAX. $30.00 is a fairly good deal for a shuttle, I personally would vote for just getting a rental car. .
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Purple Crates ♥

thanks for the suggestions everyone I'm hoping to be able to have someone pick me up, so this is a backup plan. I'll look at the grayline service. The $30 one was indeed for the Super Shuttle. I really don't mind multiple stops, as i'm not in a rush to get to my hotel, as it's a day flight. I'm travelling just with me. I didn't look into John Wayne, I definitely will for next time, though!

I was going to rent a car, but i'm close enough with my hotel (2-mile away Garden Grove Candlewood suites for $40/night via priceline woot!), and I will have friends to drive me other places (Hollywood and Long Beach). With gas prices being so high and me just paying cash this trip, any expenses i can cut out the better! lol

And as for a trip report, oh mannn just you wait! LOL. It will be great! I'm a south floridian making her virginal voyage to disneyland!

• Rock Star Minion

Go with the shuttle. That sounds like a pretty good deal. Traveling by yourself is a lot different from traveling with others, in terms of what is convenient (for each person, each of which may have different ideas of "convenient") or most cost-effective.

Some general terms, defined by my opinion:

1. "Shuttle" means "not directly to your hotel, nor even directly out of the airport" as the shuttle's main concern is being full for the trip, especially to Orange County.

2. Similar to "Airport Bus," but Airport Bus is a lot bigger. Not sure it would get you to a Garden Grove hotel/motel, though.

3. "Taxi" or "Limosine service" means "a driver-driven car for yourself or your party only, straight from LAX to your hotel, non-stop (traffic issues notwithstanding)," which is much more convenient if you don't want to stop (and there may be a lot of stops) and if you or your party don't want to sit with complete strangers on a packed van. Differences between the two are that taxis can be had without prior notice, but the limo service requires some pre-arrangement, and can come in a variety of sizes. (Not just limosines: town cars or vans are possible.)

4. "Rental Car" certainly adds some time to your trip, and then you have to be somewhat familiar with our many freeways (at least four different ways to get from LAX to DL) and offramps. So, a little tutorial prior to your visit is in order. First-timer? No way would I recommend a rental car, unless, say, your company were paying for it (I'm cheap) or unless you were more familiar with the area.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Disneyland Express Airport Bus does serve most hotels in Garden Grove...

From the Gray Line Web Site...

"Now servicing most hotels in Anaheim, Buena Park, Garden Grove and Orange."

The major differences between The Airport Bus and Shuttle Vans.

The buses are on a fixed schedule, which is usually good, but if you miss your bus, you might have a wait, but at least you know how long the wait will be.

The trip, basically the Airport Bus drives once around the terminal, picking up customers at each stop, then heads non-stop to the Disneyland Hotel. At this point, you either get off, or you might either stay on, or transfer to another bus to take you to your hotel. The Shuttle Van can make multiple trips around the airport trying to get very last seat fill before they leave. Also, the trip could include multiple stops on the way to the Disneyland Resort area, including dropping of passengers at their homes.

Seating, the Airport Bus has Airplane style seats, so an individual seat for each person, with an armrest, basically in groups of 2. Most Shuttle Vans use bench seats, and it can get cozy depending on who else boards.

The Airport Bus has a restroom, just in case.

Airport Bus is cheaper.

The Airport Bus is safer, especially for young kids (car seat issues).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

DB, you should create a sticky thread for shuttle/taxi/airports/etc. information.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."