Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Transportation to the Queen Mary

The area around the Queen Mary and other waterfront attractions is really well marked and user friendly. Have a great trip!
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Good work. You only need the car for the one day, as opposed to the whole trip if you rented at LAX.

Theory: "Local" rentals have to be price-competitive with each other, while the LAX rentals have a lot of businesspeople who don't care about the cost, since the business takes care of it. Their competitive aspect is service, not cost.
    Actually, I rented the car for the whole stay, just in case I need an urgent in-n-out break! Gotta love those fries...and its been a LONG time since I had a couple of in-n-out fries! I also wanted to drive some of the PCH, haven't done it for years and thought my daughter might enjoy seeing how beautiful the coast line is! Even if the car sits in the parking lot at the hotel and then at the pier at Long Beach, at least I have it so I can make a quick trip or two.

I am always amazed how they charge out the car rentals...I only need 5 days but they rent it to me as a week and it came out cheaper. yeah! Good point about the local competition, had not thought of it that way. I am hoping the service for the local is better than the last rental counter at SNA, they were in need of some training. ugh!

--Alice

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    The area around the Queen Mary and other waterfront attractions is really well marked and user friendly. Have a great trip!

I am so glad to hear that...its much easier to see a big sign than wait for the Garman to tell me when to turn.

Thanks...looking forward to the trip!

--Alice

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alicekay08 View Post
    Actually, I rented the car for the whole stay, just in case I need an urgent in-n-out break! Gotta love those fries...and its been a LONG time since I had a couple of in-n-out fries! I also wanted to drive some of the PCH, haven't done it for years and thought my daughter might enjoy seeing how beautiful the coast line is! Even if the car sits in the parking lot at the hotel and then at the pier at Long Beach, at least I have it so I can make a quick trip or two.

I am always amazed how they charge out the car rentals...I only need 5 days but they rent it to me as a week and it came out cheaper. yeah! Good point about the local competition, had not thought of it that way. I am hoping the service for the local is better than the last rental counter at SNA, they were in need of some training. ugh!

--Alice
    But of course you have to go to In-N-Out!
    Also, you should do a quick Google-Map for directions, as a double-check for the Garmin.
    Top-of-head directions:
    South on Harbor to The 22
    West on The 22 until it merges with The 405.
    North on The 405 to The 710.
    South on the 710.
    Follow signs from there.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Sediment,

Thanks for the directions...makes it sound so easy to get there!

My bud just came back from LA today and he brought me an in-n-out burger shirt...like I didn't have vacation-itis already...LOL.

I am getting so impatient,...this is going to be so much fun!

Thanks again, --Alice

• Rock Star Minion

**bump**

Request for review, please.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12