Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flying to LAX in December 2008

While we are veterans of WDW, this December will be our first time with our daughters (11 & 9), to Disneyland. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We will be there for 5 days. My question is what is the best method for transportation from LAX to DLH? Is it worth it to rent a car? We usually use ME at WDW.

Thanks in advance.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Flying to LAX in December 2008

If you can, I would suggest trying to see if you can land at John Wayne Airport instead. It is only 15 minutes away. You can rent a car from there, or you can take a taxi or other shuttle service which would cost maybe $40 - $50.

It is a small airport and a lot less overwhelming as LAX. Plus it is like I said a lot closer to the DLR.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I agree with DisneyIPresume. It would be a lot easier if you flew into John Wayne (SNA). You can take the ME from there for a minimal fee. Shuttles and taxi's are also available and since you're closer to the park...

Have a great trip!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

John Wayne is a much better air port to fly into....if you HAVE to fly in to LAX it is going to cost you more money. Taxis and cabs are avaliable from LAX to DRL but they are semi-expensive.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• =)

I've taken the Disneyland Resort Express (from Gray Line) from LAX to the DLH many times in recent months. Costs a little under $20, if I remember correctly, and in the absence of heavier-than-usual traffic, you'll make it to the park in perhaps an hour. You don't have to make reservations, and it comes through either hourly or every half-hour. Honestly, pricing aside, I don't think LAX is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, though John Wayne would certainly be preferable, I assume. Have a great trip!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Don't get me wrong, I love LAX...just John Wayne more - it's less crowded.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

you can take either the Disneyland Express or a Super Shuttle from LAX to the DLR area. despite what people say, LAX isn't that bad, that's where we fly into every other month on our trips to DLR and i have yet to have a problem. We dont' fly into John Wayne becuase its usually quite a bit more expensive and we can't get a direct flight from Reno to there, whereas we can to LAX. We usually rent a car and spend about 40-75 dollars for a weekend on that depending on the time of year.

I would really suggest either the Disney Express or the Super Shuttle since you're staying on property and probably won't really need a rental, unless of course you're planning on goign elsewhere during your trip
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Rock Star Minion

"Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Long Beach Airport is also an option. No Disneyland Express, though.

Disneyland Express:
    LAX to DL r/t for you and two children <=11 years old: $74. Total.
    SNA to DL r/t: $59. Total.

So, $15 saved, or $5 per person. If you can get a flight in to John Waybe (SNA) for about the same as to LAX, then go for it. Problem with SNA is that from many places (and you seem to be coming from the east), getting into SNA won't be a non-stop trip. There will be fewer flight choices, and few to no late arrivals or late takeoffs (red-eye back home).

Taxi cab might be less for three people.

Limo service rates appear to have skyrocketed, due to gas prices. Shuttle for three people is prohibitively expensive, relative to bus.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

This seems like a travel planning thread.

http://micechat.com/forums/forumdisp...nning-261.html

Thanks everyone. We looked at J Wayne Airport at first and there was nothing non-stop even close in price to LAX, so we were stuck with LAX.

We hadnt planned on renting a car as we were really just going to concentrate on DL and DCA and relax. Thanks

I agree. Take the Grey Line Bus from LAX to Dland resort. Its pretty inexpensive and gets you there in comfort.

I just flew into John Wayne OC Airport this past weekend. LAX isnt horrific, just bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

Another great link, Sediment, thanks! If you book your transfers online, it shows a $2/pp discount. I love a good deal!

--Alice

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alicekay08 View Post
    Another great link, Sediment, thanks! If you book your transfers online, it shows a $2/pp discount. I love a good deal!

--Alice
    Two bucks: that's half (?) a churro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast