Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Start Spreadin' The News...I'm Leaving for Yankee Stadium and Cooperstown!

And I am sooo excited. Thanks to encouragement from Kathleen, I will get to see the green grass cathedral - the "mother church" of my favorite sport - the House that Ruth built - before it's end as a major league stadium.

These vagabond shoes - are longing to stray -

I'll fly out of Burbank, CA two weeks from tomorrow..and in a space of about five days I'll see two games at the stadium (Toronto on the 29th and 30th) and soon after that be on my way for a day at the Baseball Hall Of Fame.

Among other things I'll have dinner at Mickey Mantle's restaurant, a four hour tour of NYC, and two nights at the Millenium hotel and two at the Syracuse Motel 6. Back in Burbank September 3.

My good friend Tim (Craig's Travel, Garden Grove, Wolffy's husband, put this together for me). Did a great job, Tim!

"If I can make it there, I'll make it, anywhere"

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Start Spreadin' The News...I'm Leaving for Yankee Stadium and Cooperstown!

Awesome Barry and Congrats. If I ask nicely will there be a trip report??

• Senior Minion

Lucky you Barry!!! I expect a very entertaining trip report, but then they always are.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Awesome Barry and Congrats. If I ask nicely will there be a trip report??
    I tend to think there might be a good chance, especially if you ask nicely! I might even include cab ride and subway pics.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I tend to think there might be a good chance, especially if you ask nicely! I might even include cab ride and subway pics.
    I'm not greedy. The stadium & the Hall of fame will do.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Very nice! Have a most excellent trip!
    A signature should go here.

• Shablagoo!

Awesome Radiobarry! I look forward to your report. Someday, you'll have to come up here to check out Safeco field. Perferably after the Mariners start fielding a winning team again.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Aw Barry this is soooo cool for you!! I'm glad you listened to Kathleen and you are going to do this! It will be a trip you will remember always!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Very nice! Have a most excellent trip!
    14 days and about nine hours.....I'm scheduled to land in NYC at 3:27 PM EDT Friday the 29th - and be at the 7:05 Blue Jays Yankees game that night! And a 1:05PM game the next day!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sounds like a fun trip Barry! I haven't bee there in quite awhile. If you get the chance stop by Lyndhurst, NJ and say hi to my Uncle Salvatore and Aunt Lena.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Look out Yankees! Here comes Barry!

I have always wanted to visit Cooperstown. Perhaps someday when my husband is retired, we will drive there together.

I know we don't have to tell you to have a good time, that is a given. I wish you a safe journey.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-15-2008 at 04:31 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Like some do with Disney vacations, I will be counting down days here in this thread - sharing my itinerary, thinking about planning.

My sightseeing time will be very limited. I've only been to the Big Apple once, and that was 27 years ago for just a few hours.

How do I act? I'm sure life there is at a much higher pace than what I am used to. Any tips would be welcome!

Paging DMof2. I've sent her a PM. I really hope to get to spend some time with her. It is Labor Day weekend, though and they may have other plans...

-- Barry

• Oo-de-lally

I hope you have a great time. I wish I could see it before it is gone
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Have a GREAT time Barry! I've never made it to Yankee Stadium, but Cooperstown is amazing. I thought it would be much larger than it was, but once inside, it was great to walk around and enjoy the history. The small town feel of the place along with the scenery on your way in...you'll want to move there.

On a side note, the photo that I use for my public profile pic is a shot of my wife and I in Cooperstown on our trip back there a few years ago. Cooperstown in October is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Have fun! I am waiting for my flight to New York right now. My father said he would be a horrible father if his kids did not see a game at Yankee Stadium.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast