Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: College Football '08!

Oh. My. God...

Wow. Well, um... yeah... Not quite sure what to think about that. Sucks for Trojan fans, but this could be great for the Ducks. If they can run out their schedule and crush the Beavs that should help in the final polls and maybe get us a good bowl, which would be nice. I'm a little worried now though. USC is going to be out for blood, and guess who their next game, at home, is? Ugh.

Looks like last year's craziness isn't over.

Oh, and best news quote ever. "Looks like these Trojans couldn't penetrate any Beavers today." Haaa haaa haaaaa!!!!

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Banned User

Tough loss last night for the Beavs. I was really hoping they'd pull off the win and prove that USC wasn't a total fluke. Bummer there. Hopefully the Trojans show a little mercy tomorrow and leave at least a couple Ducks still standing after the game. After dropping to O.St. last week and after last year's loss to the Ducks, I'm sure that Petey has the boys set to kill. I'll be happy if we can maintain some sense of dignity and put a few points up at least.

No illusions about tomorrow; we're gonna lose, but avoiding a slaughter would be nice.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Penn State losing to Iowa just made things interesting, yes? If Oregon State and USC win out, the Pac-10 will get two teams in the BCS for only the second time.

As a USC fan, I want to get two losses on the SEC champ or the Big XII champ. I'm rooting for Florida State to beat Florida, to beat Alabama, or Auburn to beat Alabama, to beat Florida. And, I'm rooting for Missouri to win the Big XII, hopefully in a beat down of Texas Tech or maybe Texas, although that is a very long shot.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Oregon surprises Oregon State in Corvallis, 65-38...no Rose Bowl for the Beavers...unbelievable..USC wins the Pac 10 for the seventh straight time.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Unless USC loses to UCLA.

• Banned User

Yeah, that was a bittersweet win there. But, the only thing I love more than keeping USC out of the Rose is a Civil War win for the Ducks. So, in the end, I'm happy! Great, great game! Especially since I was in a sports bar that was absolutely packed with bandwagon Beaver fans. Just awesome! Lots of crow eaten in that bar! LOL!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Kind of a bittersweet day for me here at the ole radio station in Ventura.

I'm running the controls for our presentation of the USC broadcast today - and I've been told that save for coming in to do their bowl game - I've been laid off from my part-time gig here. I've got lots of company in that regard, I know.

As a UCLA fan - gotta say it...GO BRUINS...

Yes, UI know, they have two chances - and "slim" is leaving the building - but, I thought the same thing two years ago.

And I like Alabama over Florida, and Oklahoma big over Missouri - so it'll be Alabama-Oklahoma in the BCS title game, and USC-Penn State in the Rose Bowl.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

At the half in Pasadena...

USC 21 UCLA 7

Nice early score for the Bruins after an SC fumble deep in their own end.

Then, reality.

-- Barry

• Happy Memories

Sorry Barry, but it's gonna be my Gators facing Oklahoma (hopefully) in the BCS title game. A good friend of mine is an Oklahoma guy so if that's the case we're totally having a party and rooting against one another.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Sorry Barry, but it's gonna be my Gators facing Oklahoma (hopefully) in the BCS title game. A good friend of mine is an Oklahoma guy so if that's the case we're totally having a party and rooting against one another.
    It's certainly okay by me. As a UCLA fan I have no horse in this race. I did think that Alabama's defense would play better today.

And aside from that early gift they got, the Bruins had no horses of their own...losing 28-7 to USC.

Barring a huge win by Missouri tonight and a BCS miracle, highly unlikely, the Trojans are headed back to the Rose Bowl to face Penn State.

And it looks like Steve Sarkisian is on his way to U-Dub.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Pete Carroll just revealed on USC's post-game radio show that the University of Washington has a 6-30 news conference tonight to announce Sarkisian as their new head coach.

Carroll also said that Sarkisian will be USC's offensive co-ordinator through their bowl game.

-- Barry

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Hi, just wanted to drop in and say "BOOMER SOONER!!!"
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So let me get this straight.

Notre Dame goes 6-6, loses to Syracuse at home, gets smoked by USC - and not only do they get a bowl bid, but they get a trip to Hawaii. Unbelievable.

Guess it pays to have connections to Touchdown Jesus.

-- Barry

By the way, according to several Trojan alums I know, and USC's own media guide, they hate to be called "Southern Cal". Maybe somebody needs to get that word to ESPN, especially Lou Holtz.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    So let me get this straight.

Notre Dame goes 6-6, loses to Syracuse at home, gets smoked by USC - and not only do they get a bowl bid, but they get a trip to Hawaii. Unbelievable.

Guess it pays to have connections to Touchdown Jesus.

-- Barry

By the way, according to several Trojan alums I know, and USC's own media guide, they hate to be called "Southern Cal". Maybe somebody needs to get that word to ESPN, especially Lou Holtz.
    You got that right Barry! Incredible!

I'm on the fence on the logic of #10 Ohio St vs #3 Texas other than it being a conference vs conference match up thing, I don't see this being a BCS bowl game with a #10 in the mix.

And the 1st Orange Bowl being a BCS game is a joke when the BCS Championship game is there too...

Lou Holtz needs to hang it up, along with Kirk Herbstreet whatever his name is...never seen a more consistant bias.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast