Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: College Football '08!

The Orange Bowl looks almost unwatchable. I'm looking much more forward to the Holiday Bowl and the Cotton Bowl.

Wish we had an 8 team playoff: Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Alabama, Utah, Boise State, Penn State.

Sorry Texas Tech.
    Fight On! Beat the Bears!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Wish we had an 8 team playoff: Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Alabama, Utah, Boise State, Penn State.
    Worth repeating. How sad is it that we're stuck with the B.C.S. Everyone in reality knows what needs to happen.

Case in point, undefeated Boise St goes to the Poinsettia Bowl? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 12-17-2008 at 11:37 AM.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    ... undefeated Boise St goes to the Poinsettia Bowl? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
    Where they lose ...

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

•   

BTW, how awesome was it today to see all those Trojans and Nittany Lions running around Disneyland?! My daughter and I got to meet Rey Maualuga.

[None]

•   

I was at Disneyland on Friday with my wife and kids, enjoying my last one-day pass before it expires. We chose Friday because we wanted to see Disneyland during the Christmas and New Year celebration, and because December 26 was the day that the USC and Penn State football teams were visiting. I got a chance to snap a few photos, including these:

Pete Carroll awaiting his introduction back near the path to Snow White's Grotto.

USC's team captains hanging around while the Penn State team captains are introduced.

USC team captain and starting quarterback, junior Mark Sanchez.

USC team captain and starting safety, senior Kevin Ellison. In most seasons, a player as good as Ellison would be the finest defensive player on the team.

USC team captain and starting center, redshirt senior (or redshirt redshirt junior?) Jeff Byers.

USC team captain and starting linebacker Brian Cushing.

After watching all of us snapping pictures left and right, Kevin Ellison took a few of his own.

Pete Carroll talks about how awesome it is to be back in the Rose Bowl for the 4th straight time.

I loved this photo. Just because you are a captain, and sit on the stage, doesn't mean you need to put your camcorder away. We're all fans, right?

Joe Paterno and Pete Carroll get their Rose Bowl trophies from Disneyland.

Among the players who were not on the stage, Rey Maualuga was by far the most popular. Right after this, I got an awesome photo of him with my younger daughter that has already made the email rounds. When we bought her first USC jersey, she picked #58, and she was wearing it under her USC sweatshirt on Friday.

Taylor Mays was enjoying himself, too.

After the ceremony in front of Snow White's Castle, a bunch of cameramen with various media outlets set up around certain rides, including the Teacups and here, at the base of the Matterhorn, where they took pictures of the players as they took in the attractions.

[None]

•   

The Pac-10 is 4-0 so far in bowl play.

[None]

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Well, the Big Ten representative at this year's bowl was able to compete...for one quarter.

Things are back to normal now. 31-7 USC at the half.

S-S-D-Y.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   

Pac 10 in bowls: 5-0.
    Big Ten in bowls: 1-6.

Wow.

[None]

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yay! USC won 38-24!

I recently found my 1987 Rose Bowl buttons... Michigan vs Arizona State. Hopefully next season my Wolverines will have a better team and make it back into a bowl game.

•   

Alabama 17, Utah 31. LOL LOL LOL LOL

[None]

• Banned User

Wow. I can't believe Bama lost to the Mormons. Did not see that coming at all. Utah should definitely be up for top ten consideration in the final 25. Good for them.

I'm so glad to see the PAC go 5 and 0, though the Beavs nearly blew it for us. Maybe we'll get some national respect now.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

So what are the chances, and what scenario must happen for USC to get a piece of the national championship again? Given that Penn State beat Oregon State, and Oregon State beat OSU...that surely must increase the Trojans chances in the BS computer rankings...
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Banned User

Nah. No matter how you play it, USC lost to Oregon State, who got pummeled by Oregon in the Civil War and barely pulled out a bowl win. USC's one loss is far worse than any other number one hopeful's loss. Top ten, sure. Number one? Pete Carrol's wet dream. I'm betting that Florida wins on Thursday and wraps up the top spot. Personally, I hate that, but I bet that's what will go down. In my opinion, however, Utah, with their perfect record and smackdown on Bama, should be the only team being considered for number one. But, the BcS being what it is, the right team will never get the glory.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    So what are the chances, and what scenario must happen for USC to get a piece of the national championship again? Given that Penn State beat Oregon State, and Oregon State beat OSU...that surely must increase the Trojans chances in the BS computer rankings...
    USC still might have a shot at the AP's national championship, like they got a few years ago when they missed out on the BCS.

I don't like the Trojans at all, but the way they are playing now, especially defensively, they'd beat anybody left in the BCS field.

In the NFL, funny that it didn't seem to matter last night who San Diego lost to in the regular season, including Indy...oh yeah. I forgot. They determine their champion on the field. How silly.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Pac 10 in bowls: 5-0.
    Big Ten in bowls: 1-6.

Wow.
    So what else is new?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast