Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

College Football '08!

I looked and didn't see anything posted yet, so I thought I'd start up a thread for the season which starts Saturday when Oregon will stomp Washington into the turf!

(Hopefully, anyway. I'm a little scared about this year...)

Anyhow, any college football fans left? We had a pretty fun time last year. Ready for another go? Even Trojan fans are welcome!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: College Football '08!

For some reason I'm a Georgia fan so I'll be rooting for them. I like UCLA but they always suck at the end of the year.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'm not a sports fan, but this year, I think I might try and catch up with USC! My Dad loves them, so I'll join him!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Cal looked good vs Michigan State. Exiting game.

I hope it continues.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Incognito

Blog Entries

USC kicked arse, but then again, no real shock.

The fun game that I really wished I could have gotten tickets for, is the upcoming OSU-USC game. I wanted to go to that from the minute I heard OSU was coming out here, what, 3 years ago when the schedule came out? But alas, I'll have to watch from the boob toob. Should be a really fun game though!

• Your son Chico?!

I cannot wait for the home games to start at usc! go trojans!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It was an interesting opening weekend of college football. My favorite games:

• USC 52 Virginia 7. Seven different Trojans scored touchdowns.
    • Cal Poly SLO 29 San Diego State 27. San Diego St. suffers the indignity of losing twice to the same lower division opponent, at home. Bonus: my cousin David Fullerton had an interception. Next up for SDSU: Notre Dame.
    • Fresno State 24, Rutgers 7. The Scarlett Knights are back. To mediocrity.
    • East Carolina 27, Virginia Tech 24. The ACC's first bad game of the day. We were listening to this on the way to Charlottesville.
    • Alabama 34 Clemson 10. I now can't wait to see these teams' next few games. Is Alabama that good? Or is Clemson that bad? Or both? This was the final nail in the ACC's coffin for the week. Eleven games: one ranked team (Wake Forest) wins; two ranked teams (Clemson, Va. Tech) suffer big upsets; two underdogs get beat worse than anyone expected (Virginia, NC State), five teams play lower division cupcakes (James Madison, Delaware, Jacksonville State, Charleston Southern and McNeese State), and two had close games; and BC beat Kent State.
    • UCLA 27 Tennessee 24. Normally, I root against the Bruins, but not when they are playing a ranked team from the SEC. When a defending SEC divisional champion with 16 starters comes into the Pac 10 and loses, it's a good game. This finished a good week for the Pac-10: all three ranked teams won. Four teams played conference games. The other six went 5-1. The only loss was Washington State (the consensus worst team in conference) losing to Oklahoma State. One of the wins was that UCLA upset of a ranked SEC opponent.
    • Arkansas 28 Western Illinois 24. It took a miracle for Arkansas to avoid the home loss to a lower division team.
    • Penn State 66 Coastal Carolina 10. I liked it because Joe Paterno retied Bobby Bowden's career win record.
    • Bowling Green 27 Pitt 17. Pitt fans have finally lost their buzz from that game against West Virginia last year
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Banned User

Well, my Ducks did well, even with the QB curse in effect. First game of the season and our 4th stringer is taking snaps... WTF? Fun though. I have to hand it to Locker; that guy is an awesome QB. He ran all over us until Paisinger shut him down. It would be something to see him on a good team where he has other capable players to pass to and complement instead of carry. Poor guy.

Anyhow, fun week all around. As much as it hurts I have to salute USC for a good week. Sanchez is another great player to watch out for. It'll take a miracle for Oregon to repeat last years upset. I think this may be another year of the Trojan.

<Ack> <Cough> Did I really just say that!?!

Looking forward to another fun week. Utah St. for us this Saturday. Should be a good chance to figure out the QB situation. Hopefully no concussions or broken limbs this week. This curse sucks!

• Queen of Randomness

Let's here it for Fresno State!

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Nice come from behind win by Vandy over Spurrier and South Carolina. Now that I live in Dallas, I can hopefully get tickets to OU vs. Texas.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

had a nice full day of watching my two teams win on tv today! Arizona State and Minnesota for the record!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• For old time sake

Not that the ACC matters around here, but last nights Duke vs Northwestern game was one of the better games I've seen at Wallace Wade Stadium.

Statistically Duke outplayed Northwestern, but throw in a couple bad calls frm the refs, and Northwestern won it 24-20.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

UNLV this week and then THE BIG GAME on the 20th. Wouldn't it be nice to have Nebraska-type shut out? Go Devils!
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Queen of Randomness

I'm closely watching the Wisconsin vs Fresno State game right now. Wisconsin is winning 13-10 in the fourth. A win here is what's needed to get a good standing.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Banned User

OOOOOOO!!!!!!

Holy cow what a game! Come from behind, double OT, by the seat of our pants win. Wow! My hat is off to Purdue. A lot of people expected this game to be a blowout, but the Boilermakers did themselves proud. Granted, we did make a heck of a lot of mistakes (even more than the dreadful officiating crew) but Purdue, even with the loss, has a lot to be proud of. Great, great game!

Now if we can just pull it together for Boise State next week. That's going to be one tough game.

(Oh yeah. USC won too. Good job Trojans.)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast