Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Where Are All the Dodger Fans?

In the regular baseball thread, I have seen little if any celebration by MC Dodger fans.

Ummm, did you know your team is in the playoffs? Or did you, like most LA fans, leave the stadium in the sixth inning?

I don't really like the Dodgers. I'm rooting for the Cubs.

But if there are any Dodger fans out there, here's a shout to wake up!

- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Missing an Angel

Re: Where Are All the Dodger Fans?

*Crickets*

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a freeway series for this World Series? The rest of the country sure wouldn't care, but for me a lifelong baseball dream of mine would come true.
    For that matter I hope the Dodgers make it all the way to the World Series.

The Angels are still going to beat them though. Go Angels!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

They are totally new team with Manny. I can't think of 2 mid-season moves that did more for teams Manny & CC Sabathia. Brewers gave a bundle fopr CC but the Dodgers stole Manny. Good moves by both teams, without them they'd be home for October.

• Animation Domination

My sister is a Dodger fan...but I prefer Angels or Cubs.
    I have to agree with Barry I see both Angels and Cubs at the World series. It's been a very, very long time since the Cubs went to a World Series( Last World Series 1908).

Dodger fan here. Picking up both Casey Blake and Manny were huge. Manny really changed this ball club and how the players interacted. They got hot when they needed to and I hope that momentum carries them for 11 wins.

Go Blue Crew.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Goofy

go dodgers yay!!

• we jumped out a window

I pass by Dodger Stadium to and from work 5 days out of the week but my loyalties lie with the Angels.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had a freeway series for this World Series? The rest of the country sure wouldn't care, but for me a lifelong baseball dream of mine would come true.
    For that matter I hope the Dodgers make it all the way to the World Series.

The Angels are still going to beat them though. Go Angels!
    If the Angels can't win it, I'd rather see the Cubs win because it's been such a long time for their fans. We've seen the Red Sox get rid of their "curse" (and how!)...the Sox win their first since 1917...might as well get em all out of the way)...

But back to the Dodgers. I have stated my strong dislike for Mr. Ramirez and all he seems to stand for, the way he handled his situation in Boston.

But it was a tremendous deal for LA because the man can hit. Blake's addition is also a plus, and they've got a good mix of youth and veterans, and one of the best managers in the game's history.

It will certainly be no walk in the park for the Cubs, but I see them winning it...in maybe five games.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rides against injustice

Diehard Dodger fan here. Goodluck to both teams. The Dodgers and Angels both have to buck history and play hard against two tough opponents.

For the Dodgers, they must break their recent string of playoff failures. 1 playoff victory in 20 years is not the distinction that one of the most storied franchises in baseball should have.
    For the Angels, they must do what no other Angels team has ever done:Reach the World Series as a division champion AND beat the Red Sox in October.

A Freeway Series would be awesome, but it will be a difficult road for both teams.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Circle of Ancients

I'm a Dodger fan ... GO BLUE!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm a Dodger fan ... GO BLUE!!!!
    Gotta admit that I like your avatar, Gregg. And just for the way he approached and respected and played the game, one Kirk Gibson is worth all the "Man-Ram" types combined...

LATE ADD:
    Of course, if we have a freeway series, we may be able to relive that hilarious moment when Manny did that "flopperoo" trying to field a fly ball at the Big A this summer - one of the season's best moments.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 09-30-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: additional comment.

• Minion

First of all I have been A Dodger fan ever since I could remember. Its funny a thing back the 60's, 70's and 80's you could not find a Angel fan. Most of the time when you talk to a Angel fan today most of them couldn't tell you who was on the team prior to the world series they won. I don't mean to hurt any of the Angels fans but loyalty runs deep with us hard core Dodgers fans and besides the American league is not real baseball. A friend of mine asked me (who is on the Angels band wagon train) The Dodgers have not won a playoff series since 1988 and the Angels have done so much better since then. So why I am not a Angels Fan? Here are the Reasons and lets not forget It took a former Dodger Player to take the Angels to the Series:

1. They are not the Dodgers

2. They are in the American League

3. They pretend they are in Los Angeles to brain wash new fans to baseball.

Look, When the Dodgers win the world series (when they do) it will feel good. We Dodger fans stood by our team through the good times and the bad. Let me ask you this, Ask a CUBS fan did they root for the White Sox when they won the world series. I bet you get a NO and same goes for Yankee Fans and Mets fans. Then again we live (people in SOCAL) in city that loves the Raiders after Al Davis burned the city and took 10 million dollars from the city of Irwindale. I better stop.

Go Dodgers
    Jason

• Oo-de-lally

Dodgers vs. Cubs starts in 2 hours.

GO DODGERS
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well I am a Cubs fan who rooted for the White Sox when they were in the World Series in 2005. Why? Because they represented Chicago, the city that I love. I respect those fans, who only support one team. However, there are many Chicago sports fans who favor one team over the other, and can still wish the opposite team good will, when they get to the show. I support my city as well as my team.

It might make me a lesser fan, but that's the way it is.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast