I'd really like the opinion of MC baseball fans on a variety of issues. So, here we go - the first five, with more to come in the days that follow.
1) Should the first round (LDS) series be expanded to a best of seven?
(My answer) Yes. It's a better test of which is the best team. And no, it's not "sour grapes" after the Angel loss.
2) Did you agree, in concept, with Mike Sciosia's call for a squeeze bunt in the ninth inning of game 4?
EDIT: Yes. If Aybar gets the bunt down, most people are saying "what a great call".
3) Do you like "instant replay" as it's being used right now, essentially to determine whether home run calls are accurate?
Yes. But I'd also like to see it used for calls on the bases, at least in the playoffs. Maybe eventually they could go to an NFL-like "challenge" system.
4) Will be the Dodgers be able to keep Manny Ramirez for next season?
No. I don't the the McCourts will be able to afford what Manny will be asking for.
5) Are the seasons of the league's "best" teams, the Cubs and Angels, to be considered "failures"?
I hate to say it but, yes. For two teams with World Series aspirations to be out again in the first round, with just one win between them, I'd have to say yes.
Your opinions, please!