Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Animation Domination

Re: Most Annoying Sports Fans

In the NBA I have to say that the most annoying fans are the San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons.

• Rides against injustice

I think its Yankees fans and the "Red Sox Nation". Like someone pointed out earlier, "Tha Nation" is becoming what they hate the most:Obnoxious,spoiled fans/Yankee fans.

I'm probably going to hear it but I also have a problem with certain Angels fans

Now, I'm not talking about the diehards. I have no problem with you guys. You guys are awesome. Those of you that have stuck with your team all those lean years and are now being rewarded by a great baseball team year in and year out.

I'm talking about the "Angels fans since 2002" group. Those who used to be Dodgers fans but once the other team won a World Series they jumped on the Angels bandwagon. Those who cant tell you anything about the Angels teams from before 2002 but know what the Rally Monkey is. Those are the fans I cant stand. Because they act like the Angels are their team forever, yet dont know anything about them. If you're going to be a bandwagon fan, fine but at least admit you know nothing of the team you are cheering.

I was happy for the Angels when they won their World Series, but I hate the bandwagon fans their title created.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I think the main issue with the Yankee and Red Sox fans are the bandwagon fans. There are a lot of true fans for both teams around the country, but they aren't the ones you hear about. It's the bandwagon fans that see a team doing well and see it's popular to like such and such team.

There used to be Green Bay Packers fans all over the place, but you don't see all that many these days. Someone mentioned the Spurs and Pistons having the worst fans, well, they're the two most succesful franchises right now. There's a connection.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah those bandwagon fans can be pretty bad. Then when their team starts to suck they jump right back off. I hate fans like that. I've been a Detroit Tigers fan my whole life. I support the team win or lose. I was going to games in the 90's when they really SUCKED. Then all of a sudden in 2006 they turned it around and made it to the World Series. All of a sudden fans who haven't supposed the team since 1984 were coming out of the woodwork. Where the hell were they the last 20 years? I loved it when I saw signs that said "I was a fan BEFORE '06!" with the old school Tigers logo on it.

With the Rays amazing success this year, I know a lot of people have jumped on their bandwagon. I just hoping some of these people can still support them if/when they go into a slump.

Only supporting your team when they do good isn't being a fan. A real fan supports their team no matter what. Win or lose.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Yeah those bandwagon fans can be pretty bad.

I've been a Detroit Tigers fan my whole life. I support the team win or lose.

With the Rays amazing success this year, I know a lot of people have jumped on their bandwagon. I just hoping some of these people can still support them if/when they go into a slump.

Only supporting your team when they do good isn't being a fan. A real fan supports their team no matter what. Win or lose.
    Says the Tigers fan with the Rays avatar.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Says the Tigers fan with the Rays avatar.
    Clinks,

You put a winking smilie but that's pretty much a bandwagon fan. Espcially complaining about bandwagoning fans and then saying you are a die-hard, life-long Tigers fan while only posting things about the Rays and puting stuff in your avatar. It's kinda contradictory don'tcha think?

I say root for whoever you want, but if you hate the fair weather fans, don't be the conductor of the bandwagon.

I'm a born Tiger fan, but I've been following the Rays since 1998. I've lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1999 and have gone to a handful of Rays games (and no not just when the Tigers were in town). Been keeping an eye on them all these years because I knew eventually they'd turn it around and they have! What I love about them is they're so "home grown". The majority of their players have been in the Rays farm system at one point or another. I watched a lot of minor league ball when I lived in Michigan. My hometown is home to the West Michigan Whitecaps, the low Class A team for the Tigers... which was the low Class A team for the A's when we first got them in 1994 (they became a Tiger's team in 1997 or 1998 I). I had season tickets (which I gave to my parents when I moved to Florida & they've renewed those tickets ever since).

So I'm not a bandwagon fan. I've been following the Rays from the very start. Not as closely as the Tigers, but close enough. Plus there have almost always been former Tigers on the Rays teams throughout the years, which makes it a bonus for me. Anyone remember John Flaherty? Bubba Trammell (no relation to Alan)? Both former Tigers that were on the opening day rosters for the Rays in 1998 against their former team. And now... Carlos Pena? Troy Pervcival? They're former Tigers too. It's always fun to see former Tigs go on to great things with other teams.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm a born Tiger fan, but I've been following the Rays since 1998. I've lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1999 and have gone to a handful of Rays games (and no not just when the Tigers were in town). Been keeping an eye on them all these years because I knew eventually they'd turn it around and they have! What I love about them is they're so "home grown". The majority of their players have been in the Rays farm system at one point or another. I watched a lot of minor league ball when I lived in Michigan. My hometown is home to the West Michigan Whitecaps, the low Class A team for the Tigers... which was the low Class A team for the A's when we first got them in 1994 (they became a Tiger's team in 1997 or 1998 I). I had season tickets (which I gave to my parents when I moved to Florida & they've renewed those tickets ever since).

So I'm not a bandwagon fan. I've been following the Rays from the very start. Not as closely as the Tigers, but close enough. Plus there have almost always been former Tigers on the Rays teams throughout the years, which makes it a bonus for me. Anyone remember John Flaherty? Bubba Trammell (no relation to Alan)? Both former Tigers that were on the opening day rosters for the Rays in 1998 against their former team. And now... Carlos Pena? Troy Pervcival? They're former Tigers too. It's always fun to see former Tigs go on to great things with other teams.

Fair enough.

3 big reasons why I'm rooting for the Rays.

Joe Maddon
    Troy Percival
    Always root for the underdog.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Aaaaaand don't foget #4 Chad.

They aren't Boston.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I used to say Yankee fans hands down, but Boston's fans have surpassed them, at least when talking about the transplants, of which we have an abundance here in SoCal.

For as long as I can remember, back to the 60's, when New York and Boston came in, any of us Angel fans lost control of the Big A. It's a lot better now since the Angels have had their success.

It was interesting for me to note that a couple of years back, I think it was IndianaJenn who pointed out that as an Angels fan, she was treated better at Fenway than she was why Red Sox fans in Anaheim.

Say what you will about the Cowboy fans, but I saw 5,000 of them in Oxnard one day last summer - to watch training camp.

And as for most Raider fans - they mirror the image of the owner - classless, and now clueless.

-- Barry

Oh burn! I know a lot of trashy Raider's fans, but some of them are awesome. *points to self*

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Fair enough.

3 big reasons why I'm rooting for the Rays.

Joe Maddon
    Troy Percival
    Always root for the underdog.
    But Percival is injured and hasn't been with the team during the playoffs.

Rooting for the underdog is always fun though!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Aaaaaand don't foget #4 Chad.

They aren't Boston.
    LOL!

No Chowda for you!

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    I think its Yankees fans and the "Red Sox Nation". Like someone pointed out earlier, "Tha Nation" is becoming what they hate the most:Obnoxious,spoiled fans/Yankee fans.

I'm probably going to hear it but I also have a problem with certain Angels fans

Now, I'm not talking about the diehards. I have no problem with you guys. You guys are awesome. Those of you that have stuck with your team all those lean years and are now being rewarded by a great baseball team year in and year out.

I'm talking about the "Angels fans since 2002" group. Those who used to be Dodgers fans but once the other team won a World Series they jumped on the Angels bandwagon. Those who cant tell you anything about the Angels teams from before 2002 but know what the Rally Monkey is. Those are the fans I cant stand. Because they act like the Angels are their team forever, yet dont know anything about them. If you're going to be a bandwagon fan, fine but at least admit you know nothing of the team you are cheering.

I was happy for the Angels when they won their World Series, but I hate the bandwagon fans their title created.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

I remember an interview they had with (I think it was Tim Salmon?) after they won the WS, he said something like, "This is for my buddy, Gary DiSarcina." Refering to the 1995 team that had a chance to do something and missed their opportunity.

Right when he said that I wondered how many "new" fans knew who Gary DiSarcina was...

I Love that I still have my old keychains and Salmon jersey before they turned red to prove I was a fan pre-WS.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post

I remember an interview they had with (I think it was Tim Salmon?) after they won the WS, he said something like, "This is for my buddy, Gary DiSarcina." Refering to the 1995 team that had a chance to do something and missed their opportunity.

Right when he said that I wondered how many "new" fans knew who Gary DiSarcina was...

I Love that I still have my old keychains and Salmon jersey before they turned red to prove I was a fan pre-WS.
    I love my old Blue California Angels Jacket. My wife gets it because I'm not as small as I was in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post

Even I know who Gary DiSarcina was.

Man I met Tim Salmon back when he was playing for the Angels. He signed my baseball in PURPLE ink!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast