Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: Most Annoying Sports Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.

I remember an interview they had with (I think it was Tim Salmon?) after they won the WS, he said something like, "This is for my buddy, Gary DiSarcina." Refering to the 1995 team that had a chance to do something and missed their opportunity.

Right when he said that I wondered how many "new" fans knew who Gary DiSarcina was...

I Love that I still have my old keychains and Salmon jersey before they turned red to prove I was a fan pre-WS.
    I have to disagree with you. Even though we do have our share of bandwagon fans, without those fans the team wouldn't be able to afford half the players we have now. You have to take the bad with the good .... and like it or not these fans are spending money on tickets, beer and merchandise so we have more money to field a team.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    I have to disagree with you. Even though we do have our share of bandwagon fans, without those fans the team wouldn't be able to afford half the players we have now. You have to take the bad with the good .... and like it or not these fans are spending money on tickets, beer and merchandise so we have more money to field a team.
    I don't understand what you disagree with me with?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Sorry - I was tired when I typed that. My point was more that they are necessary evil so that to me makes them not as annoying. I'd rather have them and a team that contend every year.

Hope that makes sense.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Now, I've been to quite a few Pac 10 games and encountered opposing teams both at home and away. And while I know I'll get grief by some MCers, I have to say that USC has the worst fans. The majority of my experiences with them have left me with the impression that they are extraordinarily rude. It's normal to hear trash talking at a game, but it's unpleasant when it's laced with profanities and physical intimidation. Like I said, this my impression and a generalization. Please don't yell at me or beat me up...

• Missing an Angel

Sorry - I was tired when I typed that. My point was more that they are necessary evil so that to me makes them not as annoying. I'd rather have them and a team that contend every year.

Hope that makes sense.
    OK. I see what your saying now. And you have made a valid point. I too was tired last night so maybe it was just me misunderstanding you.

But, they still annoy me. Not all of the bandwagon fans. Some have become huge fans and know what they are talking about. And then there are the others.......

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    OK. I see what your saying now. And you have made a valid point. I too was tired last night so maybe it was just me misunderstanding you.

But, they still annoy me. Not all of the bandwagon fans. Some have become huge fans and know what they are talking about. And then there are the others.......
    Jenn said it a whole lot nicer than what I thought.

"If your team sucks, there is no bandwagon". I'd rather have success with the annoying fairweatherers.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    Now, I've been to quite a few Pac 10 games and encountered opposing teams both at home and away. And while I know I'll get grief by some MCers, I have to say that USC has the worst fans. The majority of my experiences with them have left me with the impression that they are extraordinarily rude. It's normal to hear trash talking at a game, but it's unpleasant when it's laced with profanities and physical intimidation. Like I said, this my impression and a generalization. Please don't yell at me or beat me up...
    I'm glad you said it. Honestly, Trojan fans are the only fans I ever have issues with. Even Beaver fans are tolerable, and Husky fans are easily ignored, but Pete Carroll worshiping, ivory tower dwelling Trojan fans drive me crazy. I know, there are a few who are nice and respectable, but for the most part the one's I encounter are mega douches. Sorry, but Pete Carroll doesn't walk on water, the Trojans are not the greatest team ever to play football, and USC is merely another university like any other. The constant "USC is the yardstick by which all other football teams are measured" attitude get so old.

And now, I guess I'll run and hide...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, Dallas Cowboys, ugggggh!

And, because of WTBS becoming one of the very first national tv stations via cable tv, the entire country was subjected to the Atlanta Braves. double Ugggggggh!!

I was so glad when the Twins beat the braves, but you hardly saw any congratulations on wtbs

• Oo-de-lally

Raiders fans drive me crazy. They have sucked for the past few years but there fans still talk trash. It's sad
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Rides against injustice

Pete Carroll worshiping, ivory tower dwelling Trojan fans drive me crazy. I know, there are a few who are nice and respectable, but for the most part the one's I encounter are mega douches. Sorry, but Pete Carroll doesn't walk on water, the Trojans are not the greatest team ever to play football, and USC is merely another university like any other. The constant "USC is the yardstick by which all other football teams are measured" attitude get so old.
    I agree

(runs and hides also)
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Jenn said it a whole lot nicer than what I thought.

"If your team sucks, there is no bandwagon". I'd rather have success with the annoying fairweatherers.
    I hear what you guys are saying. The one thing that gets me more than anything though are people that go to games to socialize. It happens at Dodger Stadium but the times I've been to The Big A its been far worse. People that are there with their friends to basically hang out. They have NO CLUE what is going on and couldnt be bothered about the game. And then when you cheer they look at you like "What are you doing?" Those are by far the worst!!

And like i said it happens at Dodger Stadium too. I actually had a lady once at a Dodger game tell me and my friend if we could keep it down because she couldnt hear her friend on her cellphone!!!

There's a game going on lady! This isnt a library!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I lost all respect for Raiders fans years ago. They really put the Fanatic in sports fan.

Raider fans are hands down the worst football fans in America. I can tolerate Dallas Fans, but Raiders. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Fair enough.

3 big reasons why I'm rooting for the Rays.

Joe Maddon
    Troy Percival
    Always root for the underdog.
    I love that they were last last yr and first this year and that they quieted the Red Sox this year. Though I am SURE they will be flapping their lips saying they got some unfair calls.

Aaaaaand don't foget #4 Chad.

They aren't Boston.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    But Percival is injured and hasn't been with the team during the playoffs.
    Doesn't matter. He still is a Rays player and Angel fans will forever love him for what he did for us in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I'm sorry have you met:

UCLA fans?

UNC Carolina fans(some of THE WORST trash talkers EVER. Their fans won't go to work or keep appointments if their team loses ANY game. Esp football and basketball- Ohhhh how I love Sundays after Carolina loses. The excuses they make have me laughing so hard I'm crying.)

Michigan fans?

If USC fans are the worst, you need to explore more than just the Pac-10. The SEC school think their poops doesn't stink and that EVERY TEAM in their conference should be in the top 25, the Big 12? They think they are the ONLY conference.

I'll admit, we have some UGLY fans. I remember working a USC/UCLA game once back in the 90's and the USC fans would not buy beer because it was "in a cup with THAT school's logo), and I looked at her (Being an SC fan mind you) and said, Looks like someone needs to go back to kindergarten and learn how to play nice." She stomped off with her prada bag and fake hair after that.

My point is.....not all of us are ugly fans. It's just too bad you let the bad ones over take the good ones.

USC./UCLA fans and others CAN play nice. Heck my daughters godfather goes to UCLA, but we forgive him (and he forgives us). In fact we washed away some of the UCLA "cooties" by taking him to Cameron Indoor Stadium (Duke) and he actually enjoyed it.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    The SEC school think their poops doesn't stink and that EVERY TEAM in their conference should be in the top 25,
    Hey now! I absolutely do not think every team in the SEC should be in the top 25.... Just mine.

• Circle of Ancients

Actually,

I have grown up in SoCal and have no set loyalty to either USC or UCLA. I have rooted for both schools in different sports (Generally USC for Football, UCLA for Basketball), but am not against rooting for UCLA in footbal or USC for basketball.

I do have to say that many, MANY USC football fans are indeed annoying.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Michigan fans?
    Michigan State fans are worse. But you have to remember the wolverine is one of the meanest, nastiest critters out there.

GO BLUE!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast