Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• For old time sake

Re: Most Annoying Sports Fans

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Michigan State fans are worse. But you have to remember the wolverine is one of the meanest, nastiest critters out there.

GO BLUE!
    Puh-lease, so that gives them the right to be rude? I think not.

I don't like when people make "excuses" as to why they have the right to be rude. I call a spade a spade and when my team sucks....plain and simple...THEY SUCK. Can you say Oregon State game? We played ok, but not to our best ability. Don't get me started on the John David Booty years. He was a terrible overhyped QB at USC. Ugh.

What cracked me up last year were the Michigan excuses for losing to Appilachian State last year

What ticks me off are the claims of "easy win" games that USC fans make for their team (I heard quite a few of those last yr which ticked me off). No game is an easy win. I don't care HOW terrible the opposing team is, has been, etc.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ I was being sarcastic, hence the .

The bad dancers. Sometimes these will be kids and I can let it go, but when I see Mr. Really Really Bad Dancer ten rows below me dancing for minutes on end hoping and praying the camera can shoot to him so everyone in the arena can see his sick, nasty moves, I get annoyed. One guy did the robot dance with sunglasses on, which was kinda funny. Some other guys, though, were doing what looked like the penguin dance and when they finally got on camera, they started doing it really fast as if they had to get in as much penguin dancing as they could before we all forgot about them. Sadly, I didn't.
    ---------------------------
    johnedwin
    socialadvertices

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Most annoying fans you say?

Well, I would say most of all, the San Diego Charger fans who forget that they were a joke for a long time. Two decent seasons in a row seems to create a lot of fans who choose not to learn their "teams" history.
    I will also side with some Radier Nation fans. Fans who forget about the great years in the 70's with Stabler, Madden and the ilk. Back when the Broncos/Raiders rivalry had just started.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post
    I have figured it out. The Sox fans from Boston have respect, but the Sox fams from anywhere else need an ego check.
    Exactly right. The "Fenway Faithful" know their baseball, by and large, and will applaud a good play no matter who makes it. However, there is a growing number of people out there who only get to games in their area, and have become "fair weather fans" who just, well, don't get it.

Having said that, however, I can remember recent times in the Fenway bleachers where the crowd has gotten out of control (using a profane version of the old Miller Lite commercial) to an extent where you wouldn't want to bring a small child there to hear it. Which was, and is, a shame.

Anyone else have regular experiences with drunken fans (outside of Oakland Coluseum, of course!)

• MC State Comptroller

Drunk fans in general are bad.

I am a Arizona Cardinals fan, but i rarely go to games anymore because the last 3 i went to had numerous fights in the stands. Sometimes between cards fans and fans of the opposing team, but more often it was between two or three cards fans.

It's sad and annoying to me when people just go to games to get drunk and fight. Leave it at the bar boys!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• now on the mainland

In College football (which is all we have out here), Hawaii Warrior fans are probably the worst I've seen. I've never seen a fan base that was so fair-weathered. Colt Brennan came to Hawaii last year and it was like the fans went from being Royals fans to Yankees fans overnight. In their last game of the season when they were down against Washington, fans were swearing, throwing beer on the field, etc.
    This year guess what happens...no one goes to the Hawaii games, and nobody says they're Warrior fans. Good job, guys. Way to stick with your team. I've never seen any fan base master the art of both sore-losing and sore-winning.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Raiders fans.

Period.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

NFL: Raider fans. Those baggies of warm beer they throw? Not really beer.
    NBA: Celtic fans. Somehow think Bill Russell made Boston better than your town.
    MLB: Yankee fans. Obnoxious at home or on the road.
    NHL: Kings fans. Don't know hockey. Just there to be seen.
    College football: Ohio State fans. UCLA, Cal and Wisconsin fans not far behind.
    College basketball: Duke fans, followed closely by UCLA fans.

John Wooden loves to tell the story about how he was greeted by a booster after his 1975 championship win. Mind you, UCLA had won 9 titles in 10 years, and 7 straight, until losing in the Final Four in 1974 to eventual champion NC State. The guy walks up, shakes his hand and says something like "You did a great job, coach. You guys let us down last year, but we knew you'd be back!"

Let them down?!?!
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Laughing Last..

Although I know there are not many soccer fans here in Mice Chat, it's obvious that none of you have been to a Chivas home game at Home Depot Center. When you mix a very large batch of drunk, smokebomb throwing, illegal fireworks lighting, crazed fanatics with a game and team they would die for, you've got a very dangerous and scary crowd. I've been to only two home games, and I'll not go to another. Got in a fight the first time, and I don't know why, got a knife pulled on me in the bathroom over who was first to a urinal. Piss away my friend , enjoy yourself! I think I'd rather go naked to a Raider's home game ( God , I hate that team) with a blue Dallas star painted on my butt.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

•   
    • Senior Minion

The first things that pop into my mind when I think "Raider fan" are mullets, crack-hos and homeless shelters.

12/18 TC DAY

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    The first things that pop into my mind when I think "Raider fan" are mullets, crack-hos and homeless shelters.
    I saw the bumper sticker:

"Win lose or tie, Raider Fan until I die".

First thing I thought was half of them are serving a life sentance for homicide so that makes sense.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    Raiders fans.

Period.
    Southern California Yankee and Red Sox fans are not far behind the "black hole" folks in my view.

It's interesting that according to other MC'ers whose opinions I trust, "Sawx" fans in Boston weren't nearly as obnoxious as what you'd encounter with "Red Sox Nation West" in Anaheim.

And having attended a coupkle of games at Yankee Stadium now, I can safely make the same statement about fans of the evil empire.

Dodgers, Cowboys and Celtics fans are certainly in line for dis-honorable mentions...

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    College football: Ohio State fans.
    It always kind of amazes me how many of those we have here in my area. I remember one day a couple years ago I was walking through a store wearing some of my Florida stuff. It was the year we had won the BCS title and our second basketball title in a row, defeating Ohio State in both championship games. So this Ohio State fan starts smack talking to me in the middle of the store, and I just had to laugh at him.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Southern California Yankee and Red Sox fans are not far behind the "black hole" folks in my view.

It's interesting that according to other MC'ers whose opinions I trust, "Sawx" fans in Boston weren't nearly as obnoxious as what you'd encounter with "Red Sox Nation West" in Anaheim.
    I'd broaden my vote there to Red Sox fans anywhere on the West Coast. Bay area and Seattle Red Sox fans get a rise out of intentionally pissing people off.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast