Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Most Annoying Sports Fans

I know we've all encountered them, fans of particular teams that just seem to be more annoying than the rest.

I mean, I love the Dodgers, I love the 49ers, and there are some baseball fans I can deal with. I have no beef with Angels fans, and I will even root for the Angels. They aren't my number 1 team, but they are a close #2. I have no problem with Cubs fans, or even Phillies fans. The ones I met at the game on Monday were nothing but nice. I have no problem with Green Bay Packers fans, or NY Giants fans, Pittsburgh Steeler fans, etc.

But there are some I just can't stand. Now, for the record, this doesn't mean ALL fans, just the annoying ones.

The "Nation" teams

If you are part of the "Raiders Nation" or the "Red Sox Nation":

Living in SoCal, we have an influx of the "Raider Nation". The local press still treats the Raiders like they are LA's team. The "Fans" are absolutely annoying. Just go to a Chargers game when the Raiders are in town. You'll see what I'm talking about.

In recent years though, it's been the "Red Sox Nation" that has probably gotten more annoying. Probably due to the teams success. Was there a Red Sox Nation before 2004??? I sure don't remember one.

Fans of the The Dallas Cowboys

That's right, I said it. The whole "America's Team" thing is a joke. Jerry Jones is a joke. And their fans, are annoying.

Fans of the The New York Yankees

With success comes cockyness, and the NYY fans have it in spades. Just like the Cowboys fans of football.

I think Jerry Jones, Al Davis and George Steinbrenner meet up twice a year in a secret bunker in Aspen to discuss the ways they can annoy the rest of us with themselves.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Most Annoying Sports Fans

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Fans of the The New York Yankees

With success comes cockyness, and the NYY fans have it in spades. Just like the Cowboys fans of football.

I think Jerry Jones, Al Davis and George Steinbrenner meet up twice a year in a secret bunker in Aspen to discuss the ways they can annoy the rest of us with themselves.
    Amen. Hopefully this new Rays tema will keep the Yanks out of October for a while. That will hush up some fans. I havea new neighbor who just moved in, and i realized his license plate on his car is " NYY4LIF ". I'm pretty sure there are going to be some problems come April next year.
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I lost all respect for Raiders fans years ago. They really put the Fanatic in sports fan.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm definitely with you on the Yankees Fans and Red Sox fans. Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago White Sox fans can be pretty obnoxious as well.

• Missing an Angel

Sox fans are the most annoying to me. They had a little success and became JUST like the Yankee fans that they grew to hate.

As far as Dallas fans go. I am a Dallas fan and I try not to gloat after a win or anything like that. I just root for my team and thats about it. At least we dont sport spikes on our shoulders and threaten to kill the other teams quarterback.

Adding: At least not too many people cant complain about my Angels. We cant get a quarter of the stadium to chant "Lets go Angels" at the same time. Very annoying.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I used to say Yankee fans hands down, but Boston's fans have surpassed them, at least when talking about the transplants, of which we have an abundance here in SoCal.

For as long as I can remember, back to the 60's, when New York and Boston came in, any of us Angel fans lost control of the Big A. It's a lot better now since the Angels have had their success.

It was interesting for me to note that a couple of years back, I think it was IndianaJenn who pointed out that as an Angels fan, she was treated better at Fenway than she was why Red Sox fans in Anaheim.

Say what you will about the Cowboy fans, but I saw 5,000 of them in Oxnard one day last summer - to watch training camp.

And as for most Raider fans - they mirror the image of the owner - classless, and now clueless.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    It was interesting for me to note that a couple of years back, I think it was IndianaJenn who pointed out that as an Angels fan, she was treated better at Fenway than she was why Red Sox fans in Anaheim.

-- Barry
    Great memory, Barry! And yes, absolutely true. When I went to see the Angels play the Red Sox at Fenway the fans were great to me once they realized I knew my baseball.

The Red Sox fans that come to games at Angel Stadium seem to have a different mentality. Not all of them, but the majority are rude, in your face and disrespectful. You don't go into someone else's house and act that way.

Yankees fans used to be worse but are not as bad as they used to be. The thing that annoys me about Yankee fans at Angel Stadium is that they don't really seem to know a lot about baseball .... and I'm betting a lot of them have never actually been to New York.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    The Red Sox fans that come to games at Angel Stadium seem to have a different mentality. Not all of them, but the majority are rude, in your face and disrespectful. You don't go into someone else's house and act that way.
    I have figured it out. The Sox fans from Boston have respect, but the Sox fams from anywhere else need an ego check. Especially the ones from So.Cal (No offense to anyone who is.). I aggree, going to a Sox game at Angels Stadium is a nightmare. They need to really ask themselves, "Can i be a fan If I have never been within 10 miles of the stadium?"
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Happy Memories

I think there's something to be said for there being a big difference between fans in the home stadium vs those in other parts of the country. The only truely annoying sports fans I've ever encountered are the ones who live locally but support teams from other parts of the country. However I remember last month one of our local DJs was talking about his trip to NY to see the Yankees vs Rays. He was nervous about walking the streets of New York wearing his Rays gear, but said everyone was cool. They would start to give him a good natured hard time, but once they found out he was actually from Tampa they congratulated him on how well our team was doing this year.

So are the fans who don't live near their teams just bitter about that fact or are they trying to overcompensate and prove that they are "real fans"?

Haha!! When I read the title I immediately thought of Yankees fans!! I have seen them play at Yankees stadium and at Angels stadium and was appalled both times. When I went to NY we sat near a young couple that were rooting for the Minnesota Twins. They had a poster that read, "We're on our honeymoon! Go Twins!" and they had Twins jerseys on. Instead of thinking, "awww...that's cute!" like me, This obnoxious group of Yankees fans booed and harrassed them the whole game and even threw hotdogs at them! How rude!!

This summer I was at a Yankees/Angels game in Anaheim and the place was packed with Angels and Yankees fans. For the most part, the Yankees fans were ok, a bit annoying, but ok. There was this one guy though! He was a couple of rows iin front of us and everytime people cheered for the Angels he would stand up, turn around to face the people behind him and yell, "BOOOO!!! Angels suck!" in their faces! WTH? There was this little old man in a Yankees jersey sitting diagonally behind him and he couldn't see the game because this guy was standing up the whole game. He has 15 people yelling at him to "SIT DOWN!" and he wouldn't. So his fellow Yankee fan missed most of the game. The only time the man got to see the game was when this guy went to go get more beer.

After only God knows how many beers, he was good and plastered. This one time when the Yankees did something good, we went to turn around and rub it in the faces of everyone behind him but as he was turning around, he lost his balance and totally fell on the guy sitting in front of him. He sat on this poor guys head!! He got up and sat down all embarrassed. Later, he went to get more beer (I don't know why they were stilll serving him) and when he came back and was getting back to his seat, he stumbled and spilled his beer on some people in his row and ended up falling and sitting on the head of yet another guy in the row in front of him!

My best score ever!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I lost all respect for Raiders fans years ago. .
    I used to like to watch Raiders games on TV with my Uncle back before they left Oakland to come to Los Angeles.....and then it seems that when in Los Angeles, they garnered a following that I just don't seem to like........

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Red Sox and Yankees fans without a doubt. Though they are not the only ones.

I often ask myself, "Where do these people come from?" when I am watching these teams play the Angels at Angel Stadium. I've even read an interview with Jered Weaver saying that these fans somehow "come out of the woodwork" whenever they play them.

To be honest, I think there are two types of these fans: the first are people who have moved here from these areas. IMO these fans are legit; I'd do the same thing if I were to ever move to Boston or New York. I have a co-worker who recently moved here from Boston. She has the accent and everything to go with it. She has every right to be rooting for the Sox. And we get into arguments about who has the better team, and we rub it in when the other team looses. Its a lot of fun.

And then there's the most annoying fan who roots for New York or Boston simply because the are good, traditional teams. They generally don't know a lot about baseball and are fair-weather fans. This was my ex brother-in-law. He lived here all his life and had absolutely no reason to like the Yankees but he did anyway for some strange reason I'll never understand. There was no convincing him otherwise.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    So are the fans who don't live near their teams just bitter about that fact or are they trying to overcompensate and prove that they are "real fans"?
    I think that's a great point. When the Raiders were in LA there were annoying fans, but I don't remember the "Raider nation", although I was at the Raider game at the coliseum where they beat the crap out of the Steelers fan. So that's never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    To be honest, I think there are two types of these fans: the first are people who have moved here from these areas. IMO these fans are legit; I'd do the same thing if I were to ever move to Boston or New York.
    And then there's the most annoying fan who roots for New York or Boston simply because the are good, traditional teams. They generally don't know a lot about baseball and are fair-weather fans.
    Two good points, and yes, I agree. If you grew up in NY, Boston, Chicago, wherever and move to another city and still root for your team, I have no problem with that. My big complaint is those people never view SoCal as home. It's always "Out here". Well guess what, your here, stop calling it that.

But then again, I never lived in SF, but have ALWAYS been a 49ers fan. This was from my grandfather who did live in No. California when I was growing up. Many people used to think I was only a fan because they were good for so many years. I was glad for the first few years they sucked because I could prove that wasn't the case. Now, it's just annoying to lose.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Television has made many of us, fans of a team. It used to be, for the majority, that people rooted for a team because it was geographically close. That's not true anymore. My family, has a few members, who are football fans of other cities teams. The reason being, television.

We have a Minnesota Vikings fan, Buffalo Bills fan, and a Dallas Cowboys fan.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Speaking of NY Yankee fans, I think they tend to get a bad rap. They tend to be very passionate about their team. Or at least here in NY. Talk about throwing hot dogs and all that, I can honestly tell you I have personally never seen that sort of behavior as the normal fan. True, there are drunk jerks out there, but honestly, thats not limited to Yankee fans. They get excited, they are proud of their team, and they should be. They have a great record.

As for the Mets....well hopefully next year!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast