• Circle of Ancients

I love Mike Singletary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=QYaDJ-WuuSY

I loved Singletary as a player, and I LOVE that he's now the coach of my 49ers.

But more than that, I love that you can look at him, and see a coach that is going to back-up what he says.

For those of you who don't know, when Mike became the coach last week, he told his team that anybody that wasn't playing for the TEAM wasn't going to be playing.

Well, one of his players (Tight End Vernon Davis) made a stupid play, got a 15 yard penalty and Mike sent him to the locker room. Right there, he got the respect of his players (if he didn't have it already) and I HOPE this is going to mean great things for my team.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: I love Mike Singletary

You beat me to the punch. I was going to comment about Mike Singletary later in another sports thread.

Since he left the Bears, I have been hoping that he would make it back to the Bears as a coach.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

I've always liked Mike, hopefully he can turn the organization around. Getting beat up by the Seahawks was embarrasing.

I was so glad to see that he took decisive action and benched J.T.O. And Vernon Davis's act is getting old. It may be a rough road ahead, but at least he give us, them, some respectibility.

• Circle of Ancients

I still say the 49ers need to bring in Culpepper.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I still say the 49ers need to bring in Culpepper.
    He's an injury attorney in Tampa now. I see his face in commercials and billboards all over town.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Singletary is probably the best coaching hire decision the Niners have made since Bill Walsh.

I admired him as a player, and he apears to have the same intensity as a coach. Good for him, and good for the 49ers and their fans.

They have my absolute permission to whip the St. Louis Lambs every time they play. (At one point in my life I would have never dreamed of saying that.)

I always think of the eyes Singletary had when he was anticipating the snap of the ball. Lots of fire in those eyes, and it's obvious he still has that.

-- Barry

PS...I'll bet that Eric Dickerson and Dieter Brock (remember him, Lambs fans?) still have nightmares about that frigid January day in Chicago ...(the NFC title game that Singletary and the Bears won with that suffocating defense, 24-0)...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I always thought Mike was a great player, but now I'm wondering about his "coaching ways." Throwing V. Davis off the field -ok, fine I can see that, but then apologizing to fans for losing, taking down his pants in the locker room, etc. It just seems a little over the top. I don't know how much respect the players are going to give him if he acts like he is out of control.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The guy has been coaching this team for how long? Give him a break. I remember all the crazy things another favorite Chicago Mike did. One thing, for sure is that he knows his football. I agree with his stance about what happens in the locker room, should stay in the locker room.

I believe sometimes there is "Too Much Media In Sports".
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

I agree, there is to mch media in sports sometimes, but if Mike has been playing the same antics the whole time he has been coaching I could see the players getting sick of it really quick. It is just a question of whether or not the players will buy into what he is selling and whether or not they will play for him. He is in a tight - spot interim coach on a bad team. - hopefully it won't have any ill effects on his chances to hold on to this job or move on to a head coaching postion somewhere else.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Mike gets his first chance (as a head coach) in front of a nationwide audience next Monday night...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

His clock management skills need some work.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Once upon a time, one could say "I dislike policy X" without everyone assuming one dislikes policy W, Y, and Z, simply because "all" people who dislike policy X are [insert political party/faction here] and therefore must dislike all the other policies that party/faction dislikes.
    This device kills fascists.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    His clock management skills need some work.
    And he and Mike Martz need to get on the same page with the offense.

The 49ers have shown a great deal more intensity in the two games under Mike.

But the Cardinals gave them that game. They had absolutely no business losing that game.

-- Barry

Very tough loss for the 9ers'. Mike's has only two games under his belt, but the players seem to really responding to him. If only Vernon Davis would layout for a pass, and layoff the stupid penalties.