• Circle of Ancients

Basketball 08/09 - The new season begins

Last night the new NBA season began.

The Celtics got their rings and banner and beat the Cav's.

The Lakers are looking mighty good and beat the Trailblazers pretty handily.

Big questions this year:

Is this Clevelands year??? LeBron James only has what, 2 years left on his contract and he's likely to bolt if Cleveland can't get a championship.

Will Boston repeat??? Everybody's going to be gunning for them.

Can the Lakers cross that hurdle??? With Bynum back, the lakers front-court is probably one of the best (if not THE best) in the league. Gasol, Bynum, two 7 footers.

Is Greg Oden officially a bust??? In his first actual game (after missing all of last season) he get's hurt AGAIN and scored 0 points when he was in the game. Not sure how bad he's hurt, but we'll see. And when will teams learn to not draft players who have only 1 or 2 great games in a season in the top 5??? (Ryan Leaf anybody).

So what are your predictions???

I predict another Lakers/Celtics Finals with a different out-come. Lakers bringing the title back to LA (as long as their fore-mentioned front-court can stay healthy).

• Banned User

Re: Basketball 08/09 - The new season begins

I'm not a basketball fan at all, I find it abnormally boring. However, as long as the Lakers don't win a championship I'm happy, and I'm from LA so it's not that.

• Tui's Brother

Yes the Minnesota Timberwolves on their opener against the Sacramento Kings.

• Animation Domination

I'm thinking San Antonio Spurs ( I don't even know why I'm saying this because I really dislike this team.) are facing off with the Celtics. Just look at the way they win championships. Spurs won in 2003, 2005 and 2007 will they repeat in 2009? It's something that the Los Angeles Lakers have to respond to.

• Circle of Ancients

Man, another impressive win for the Lakers last night. Not only did all 12 men on the roster play (and score) but 7 were in double figures.

Their highest scorer was Kobe with 16 and they still managed to score 117 points.

They are totally doing it with defense right now, and are looking good. I know it's early, but they are sure fun to watch right now.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

They are totally doing it with defense right now, and are looking good. I know it's early, but they are sure fun to watch right now.
    Trevor Ariza has been especially impressive defensively. As they play in Dallas at this moment, they're still undefeated - and yes it is still early but barring injury, they could challenge the Bulls record of 70 wins for the season. No question. Even in the tough Western Conference.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    I'm not a basketball fan at all, I find it abnormally boring. However, as long as the Lakers don't win a championship I'm happy, and I'm from LA so it's not that.
    I wish you a sorrowful NBA Finals.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Shablagoo!

Ah, it does my heart good to see the Oklahoma City Blunder, I mean thunder, with a record of 2 and 24. Keep on losing. I hope the owners are losing big bucks.