Page 1 of 93 1234112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2009

• Senior Minion

Baseball 2009

OK, spring training is essentially over, the "hot stove" is cool, and it's time to start playing games for real. Let's talk baseball!

I'm hoping to catch Sox-A's on the 15th--when are you going to get to see your first game (I hope everyone gets to a game this year), and what are your hopes for your team this season?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball 2009

Well technically, it's an exhibition game, but the Cubs are playing the Yankees today at the new Yankee Stadium. They are losing really bad. The Cubs that is. I am not surprised how many Cubs fans are at that game. Now if the game would have been played at Wrigley, it would have been sold out. I told my husband if the Yankee game was sold out, the people are not in their seats. They are most likely checking out the new ballpark, rather than watching the game, which at the moment is pretty boring.

The Cubs regular season starts on Monday evening. I usually listen to the radio guys. Ron Santo broadcasts just like a fan would. He moans, and groans, at exactly at the right time.

• Senior Minion

It's funny--from what I've seen of both of the new parks, the new Yankees stadium seems sort of cold and impersonal, while Citi Field seems like a great place to see a game, and evocative of Ebbetts Field.

Has anyone been to Camden Yards? They seem to have started this revolution in ballparks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Has anyone been to Camden Yards? They seem to have started this revolution in ballparks.
    I have not but Camden has certainly been the inspiration for the great crop of new baseball-feel ballparks.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I'm going next week to see my beloved dodger bums in action..I have been waiting patiently to hear Vin Scully's wonderful voice agian. I hope this is the year those dodger bums get to the world series..

21 years without a title..but i'm hoping this year will be the year!!

Go Dodgers!!
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    ::raises hand::

It is an amazing place!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I got 2 games in the same week.

April 14th: Rays vs Yankees
    April 18th: Rays vs White Sox

Then I got 2 games in May and so far one game each June-October.

GO RAYS!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am not sure when I will be able to make it out to the Big A, or even Dodger Stadium, but I always am excited at this time of year.

By the way, when they talk about the "new" faux-old parks bringing back a baseball feel, I think Angel Stadium gets short shrift.

They remodeled it into what is, I think, a fine place to watch a game.

And I don't know of any other place that has been essentially three entirely different stadiums, in exacty the same place!

And by July 2010 they will have had an All-Star game there in each of its different incarnations.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Winter in Oceanside...

You are right, Barry. Angel stadium is exceptional. Love going to see a game there. It has just the right feel for a baseball game...

yep its the best stadium i have been... i wish i can go..
    just do what you think...

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    By the way, when they talk about the "new" faux-old parks bringing back a baseball feel, I think Angel Stadium gets short shrift.

They remodeled it into what is, I think, a fine place to watch a game.

-- Barry
    My thoughts exactly. I remember going to games there when the Rams still played football there. It's a total different feeling watching a game there now.

I'll be there Monday night (TOMORROW!) cheering on my Angels towards a victory against the Athletics.

Oh, and anything less than a World Series title would be upsetting.
    Last edited by Scurvy Pirate; 04-05-2009 at 12:36 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    You are right, Barry. Angel stadium is exceptional. Love going to see a game there. It has just the right feel for a baseball game...
    Now don't get me wrong...while I am not a Dodger fan, I think Dodger Stadium is beautiful and a great place to watch a game also.

If you get seats on the loge or above, between the bases for a night game, is their a prettier scene than the sun going down behind the hiils...

If you had the inside of Dodger Stadium and the easy ingress-egress traffic out of the Big A, it'd be perfect.

And this won't affect many others here, but since the last remodeling the Angels press box has it all over the Dodger one...which is as small and cramped now as it was in 1962.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The White Sox won't be playing any baseball today. Due to low temperatures, and snowy/rainy conditions, the game has already been cancelled. It has been rescheduled for tomorrow.

Typical for April baseball in Chicago. Which, as I have been saying forever. Baseball should begin in May.

• Characters are my friends

Let's go Mets!! I am so happy baseball is back. My first game won't be until May 30 (unless my college goes to a game sooner then that). I can't wait to see the new stadium.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Rays/Red Sox game in Boston has been postponed until tomorrow due to heavy rain.

I'm so glad Tropicana Field is domed.

Page 1 of 93 1234112651 ... LastLast