Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: RIP Nick Adenhart

I'm still in a state of shock. I was just watching this kid throw a 6 inning shut-out against our West Coast rival A's last night. He struggled last year during his debut with the Angels but made so many improvements over the last season. He was called upon to help out since a number of the Angel's key starters are on the DL.

Last night he stepped up and took care of business. And now, just like that he's gone.

I guess God needed a new starter. RIP #34

• Missing an Angel

I haven't read this whole thread. But they did cancel tonights game. And rightfully so.

What a heartbreak this is. He was on his way to being a GREAT starter. I'm at loss for words.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Anybody else in SoCal noticing an increasing trend of Hit and Run accidents the past few weeks? There is a new one on the news almost every day.
    yes, I was just discussing that with my Bf today.

This is so sad. 22 is far to young....

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm feel so bad that his life was cut short. Nick Adenhart was a beloved athlete ..respected by his peers and fans alike. Rest in piece, brother. Your MiceChatter fans will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tonight was supposed to be a night when we were to remember and celebrate the Angels past in the names of Brian Downing and Chuck Finley.

Instead, I am sure that longtime fans such as myself can't help but be remembering the "dark" Angels past, names such as Minnie Rojas, Mike Miley, Lyman Bostock and even Donnie Moore.

I felt the feeling again when I first heard the news on KNX this morning, when they said where the accident was and that a "well-known pro athlete" had died before his name could be released.

What a horrible, senseless, tragic loss this is. My prayers to everyone involved, including the families of the two others killed, and and the other still in critical at UCI.

-- Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-09-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Exclamation Angels rookie pitcher Adenhart killed in car crash Accrding to CNN.com

Angels' Nick Adenhart killed in car crash - MLB - SI.com
    READ STORY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    may he rest in peace
    game postponed
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• (Not a) New User

Re: Angels rookie pitcher Adenhart killed in car crash Accrding to CNN.com

Wow that hoots.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

A very tragic story and thanks for the link, hurricanefreak...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-09-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Horrible story. R.I.P. Nick Adenhart. This is happening more and more where people are getting seriously injured or killed because of drunk driving.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    OMG, how said. My thoughts go out to his family, the Angels Family and the much larger MLB family.

Anybody else in SoCal noticing an increasing trend of Hit and Run accidents the past few weeks? There is a new one on the news almost every day.
    Yes, I have noticed this too recently. Do people just not care anymore? It's actually very scarey.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

I'll be going to Disneyland today wearing my Angels cap and shirt in honor of Nick.

Rest in peace.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Characters are my friends

This is so sad!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

• Hello

Cool Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

I was shocked by this. It's truly going to be a tough season for the Angels. First Preston Gomez, now Nick. I'm totally sadden to hear this news. He was young too.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

This accident occured in an intersection that I drive through several times a week.

Such a tragedy. I am torn between sadness at the loss of three people, including a baseball player for the team I love. A player that pitched a hell of a game last night and that we all would have been watching for years to come.

I am also angry. The criminal that murdered these three people is a 22 year old man with a prior drunk driving arrest and a suspended license. Why on earth was he driving and moreso, why did he get behind the wheel drunk yet again? They need to lock him up and throw away the key.

RIP Nick. I will be at the game on Saturday with you on my mind.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Circle of Ancients

What a sad moment. He has such an excellent game last night, and is now dead thanks to some idot who doesn't know that a red light means stop. You gotta wonder, would this stuff linger with Arredando, Shields and Fuentes? They blew the game last night for him, and I would feel bad that Adenhart's perminant MLB wins record is 1, when it should have been 2.
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast