Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
  1. #46

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    One of Nick's friends that was killed was a communications major at Cal State Fullerton.

    That also strikes home with a certain MiceChatter, who had the same major at that school nearly 30 years ago.

    Yes, I am angry that this happened. According to the late news, the man had driven from somewhere in LA County, on his way to Covina when for some reason fate placed them at the intersection of Orangethorpe and Lemon. He apparently told the police that he didn't even know how he got to Fullerton.

    About 200 yards, we are told, from where Nick and his friends were headed...a night dance club, from what I understand.

    Yes, I am angry.

    But, there's a part of me that says it's not up to me to judge the man driving the minivan, or anyone else for that matter.

    Hopefully, this will stop someone else from making the same tragic decision.

    I also wonder if any of our area MCers made it to the makeshift memorial going on all day and all night at the Big A. Anyone take pictures?


    I made it there last night, and ended up on the 11 o'clock news on NBC, without realizing I was on camera. I tried taking some pictures on my cellphone of the memorial created there by fans, but my phone would just not save them for some reason.

    For my story yesterday,.......

    Actually starts Wednesday night, we went to the resort for a couple hours which turned out to be a mistake. The place was a madhouse, barely room to move, and ended up missing a really good baseball game, or at least the first 6 innings of it. We escaped the park after the fireworks were over by riding the monorail to downtown disney. Ended the night by getting a monkey for myself at Build A Bear, and dressing it in an Angel's uniform like I've been wanting for some time. It's been named "Ral Lee."

    After one doc appointment yesterday and coming home, I saw the story on Nick and was immediately heartbroken. An invention idea had come to mind that could prevent tragedies like this, so I called a guy I knew, and he said the idea would have to be researched. More on that in a moment. Becka had another doc appointment, so on the way we tried to drive by the crash site, but the intersection was still blocked off in all directions, and they were redirecting traffic. I turned around, headed back to the freeway, and went on our way. While Becka was at her appt though, I came back and made it to the street corner where the makeshift memorial was getting bigger in size. All vehicles had been cleared out by this time, so I can only imagine they opened the intersection a short time later after I left. When I picked Becka up, I was trying to call in to KLAC AM 830, the Angels radio station. They were taking calls from fans about the accident and the whole situation. Kept getting busy signals naturally though. But we were making our way back to the Anaheim area, planning on driving by the stadium. The moment we pulled into the parking lot, I got through. They asked if I wanted to say a few things on the air, when I said yes, they placed me on hold after asking my name and where I was from.

    They were letting fans into the stadium parking lot yesterday for free. Giving out fliers for those that had tickets to the postponed game. The memorial here was a bit larger than the one at the crash site, and it was only going to get larger. News vans were here of course, from NBC, ABC, FOX, KCAL, and CBS. Angel announcers Rex Hudler and Steve Physioc (forgive my spelling) were there, along with 2 guys from FOX Sports West, as well as Guillermo Mota, (again, please forgive my spelling) Gubizcan one of their radio announcers (sorry if my spelling is off) and their public announcer. These guys were on the air a little later sharing their thoughts on Nick and the game last night. We didn't stay too long, but I did get to meet Rex and one of the guys from Fox Sports West. They were all very cool. But what was really irking me around this time, there were fans there going around and asking these guys for autographs!! I mean C'MON!!! This isnt the time for autographs people. These guys from this organization, no FAMILY, are having a rough day and it just isn't right to be asking for autographs! But it shows how cool they were because they didn't say no until they went inside to do the show.

    We left for dinner, and I left Becka at home with Aiden to go back to the stadium, in my Angels attire with Ral Lee in tow to show my support. When I returned, some media was still there, as well as some folks that were there earlier. The memorial had increased in size. Of those that were on scene, were some that were "close" witnesses to the accident. And what I mean by close, is that they were right behind the car that Nick and his friends were in. They weren't directly involved, but they saw all of it. A gentleman that I talked to said that he was checking on two of the 3 vehicles involved. For those that aren't clear on the details......

    Nick and 3 of his friends, one of them a female who was the driver were heading north on Lemon St in Fullerton when a drunk driver in a van slammed into them while heading eastbound on Orangethorpe. He basically T-Boned them. One of Nick's friends from Manhatten Beach, Ca, died instantly. It's believed he was sitting behind the female driver, who died on scene. The man I talked to, said he was tried talking to all of them, but they were unresponsive. He also stated he talked to the passenger in the van, and asked where the driver was. The driver had taken off. Per another person on camera who didn't want to be identified, stated he witnessed the driver stumbling and muttering to himself "Why did I do this, why did I do this?" and took off running southbound in the direction of the freeway, where he was caught 30 minutes later. The passenger he left behind who was injured, turned out to be his younger brother. And per reports, they had been drinking at a family get together, where the driver fought with family members before leaving, heading for Covina in LA County. As for Nick and his friends, the female driver was alive when fire fighters removed her, but she died on scene. Nick and the other male passenger were taken out of the back of the car. They had to completely remove the top of the eclipse to get to them. The guy I talked to said he witnessed it all, and saw when Nick was being taken out that he moaned very, very slightly but still not responsive. Nick and the other male had been taken to UC Irvine hospital in Orange across from the Block to receive medical attention. Nick died in surgery from his injuries, the other passenger was still clinging to life, last reported. The drunk driver, yes, he had a previous DUI from 2006, and he was driving on a suspended license. He's also had 2 previous arrests since the DUI in 2006.

    As for my idea, I ran it by Becka on the way home yesterday, and she said it's already out, some states already have it. When I had returned there yesterday the second time, I remained there with other Angel fans until after 11pm. While there, I talked with a couple of ladies from MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) and asked them about my idea. They did confirm that is out in other states. Basically, a breathalizer installed in a vehicle that will measure a person's alcohol level, and if it is above the safe and legal driving limit, the car will not start for like another 6 minutes before they could reattempt the test. They mentioned that is being done in states like Arizona, and others that they did not mention. But for those states that do have it, there DUI percentage has dropped a lot. But to get in states like California, it's up to the judge or District Attorney. They thanked me for my words and stated "It's nice to know that there are people like you that think of resolutions to problems like this."

    Becka and myself have a strong connection to the Angels. Though she's from Jersey and a die hard Yankees fan, I'm a die hard Angels fan. On Friday August 25th, 2006 she and I attented the Angels game at Angels stadium, to watch them play the visiting Yankees in the first game of the weekend series. Being a Friday night, it was Big Bang Fireworks night. Later that night, our son Aiden was conceived. The day he came home from the hospital, was the next time the Yankees were in town to face the Angels during the 2007 season. And our wedding reception took place at the Anaheim Hilton, which is right down the street from the stadium and can be seen from the front entrance where the big baseball caps are. Basically, a stone's throw (or a baseball's throw) away from the stadium. This little story also has a small Dodgers connection to it. Before getting Ral Lee, I had a bear from BAB in a dodgers uniform. When Aiden was born and first brought home, that uniform was the only thing that fit him. And I had the picture to prove it!

    In regards to Nick's dad, it was reported that he was invited by Nick to see the game, his first major league start of the season. Quoted by his agent Boras, "Something special is going to happen." Though such a tragedy, at least he was here to see his son live out his dream. Some were saying that his dad sat at his son's locker for most of the day. It was also reported that last night, Nick's dad stood out on the pitchers mound on an empty field for several minutes. Can you just imagine that sight, or that moment? About every news report said "He pitched the game of his life." Never were words ever more true. I came home to watch the 10 and 11 pm news reports that we DVR'd. I wasn't interviewed by any of the press, though I did talk casually to some of them, including legendary Jim Hill who was on scene. I was surprised to see myself on Channel 4 in one of the shots they took of the fans surrounding the memorial, a nice close up shot for about a second.

    To close out this long reply, I'll say what I said on the air over the radio, as well as what I signed on one of the cards at the stadium....

    "Rest in Peace Nick. Anaheim may have lost an Angel, but Heaven has now gained one. You will be missed."
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 04-10-2009 at 01:33 PM.

  2. #47

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    A press conference airing right now, has announced that the driver is being charged 3 counts for murder, as well as fleeing the scene of an accident, and driving under the influence. If he is convicted on all counts, he can spend a minimum of 55 years to life in prison.



    JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED!!!!!!!







    And it's kinda fitting that the song I'm listening to on my i-pod is Coldplay's Fix You.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 04-10-2009 at 01:44 PM.

  3. #48

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Thanks for the account, AD.

    I've been an Angels fan since 1964, and as I have said above, have been a fan of this franchise that has had more than its share of misfortune over the years.

    If I still lived within maybe 50 miles, I would have been at the Big A yesterday.

    Again, my prayers to all concerned in this tragic event.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  4. #49

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,810

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    I am so glad they caught the guy.

  5. #50

    • Laughing Last..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Cali
    Posts
    728

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Thanks for the account, AD.

    I've been an Angels fan since 1964, and as I have said above, have been a fan of this franchise that has had more than its share of misfortune over the years.

    If I still lived within maybe 50 miles, I would have been at the Big A yesterday.

    Again, my prayers to all concerned in this tragic event.
    Barry, the papers here in Ontario had a list of the Angel's tragedies over the years, mostly deaths. There had been a minor league player with the Quakes, moved on to the bigs, I believe the Padres. Was involved in a fatla car crash about 6-7 years ago, can you recall the name? My wife and I were talking about him a couple of days ago when Nick Adenhart was taken from us. We could not recall his name for the life of us.

    This tragedy hits home for my family in a couple of very sobering ways. First, my son was arrested for DUI last spring. Blew a .08, but still over the limit. He does not drink at all since that happened, primarily due to choices he has made for his life. I marched his butt into the living room while the story of Nick was being followed the other day, and we two watched the game Thursday night. Most touching was when both Hunter and Weaver went out to the rcf wall, touched his picture, and then went on to play the game. Can you believe the intensity that Weaver pitched with? He definitely had a statement to make. I looked over at my son and he was crying. He tells me, "I could have caused something like that, something that hurts so many people, it's not just about me". It's horrible, and a great loss to the baseball community to have lost such a promising and, according to teammates, loved young man. But, if his passing at the hands of some irresponsible, self centered, alcoholic (and I'm keeping this very clean!) can produce some positive effects in our communities and our lives, then his death has not gone without some purpose. Be it God's will, his time, fate or whatever philosophy you care to embrace, I can only pray that many have had the same revelation that my son had, and will take their lives in a positive direction as a result.

    Our hearts and prayers go out to Nick Adenhart's family and all the Angel's family as well.


  6. #51

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    55 Years is not enough.

    You take a life. The law should take yours.

    I would throw is butt in that cell for 300 years!


  7. #52

    • Is it summer yet???
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Save Lives - designAte a Driver!!!
    Posts
    409

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Apologies in advance for the length of this post, but I've got stuff to say.

    We were also at the game Wednesday night and watched Nick pitch. It's ironic now but on the way home after the game, I remember seeing a billboard (I think at the 60/57 interchange) that has two identical car crash pictures side-by-side. The one on the right says "Driving Buzzed", the one on the left says "Driving Drunk". I had never thought about it that way before and I thought it odd that I even noticed. I don't drink often and was actually "drunk" for the first time ever in my 46 years of life this past Valentines Day (yes, I had a DD). My kids are 24 and almost 21 and my biggest fear since they started driving is that I will lose them in a car accident that isn't their fault. Kids don't understand that they need to anticipate that the "other guy might" run a red light when they get a green, or someone will change lanes without a blinker and so many other things. No parent should ever have to outlive their kids. Think about it, when you lose a spouse - you're a widow; lose a parent - you're an orphan. What are you when you lose a child?? Heartbroken. There's no special title for that.

    We went to Friday's game, and I told my DH it felt as if we were going to a funeral and I guess in a way, we were. I had that same sick, empty feeling that overcomes one when attending a funeral. And, in many ways, we were attending a funeral. The memorial out by the helmets on the "pitching mound" in the bricks was amazing. I didn't take any photos but I, along with many, many others, just stood speechless and tearful at the magnitude of the events of the past 48 hours. Every 15 minutes, someone dies at the hands of a drunk driver. If even one person decides to not get behind the wheel after drinking, then these 3 young people didn't die in vain.

    We are season seat holders and have 4 seats but we ended up selling 2 seats this year to some co-workers. They gave the tickets to their children for Friday's game. They arrived after the Nick memorial was shown. Both young men (whom I later discovered were older than they looked) each had a beer. I looked at them and asked, "So, who's the DD?" They kind of smiled and one said, "Uh, we'll figure that out later" and kind of laughed. I gave him the "teacher" and "mom" look simultaneously and said, "that's NOT funny". I was so disgusted!! Seriously, people, what does it take? Later, I find out that one of the guys is a correctional officer at a federal prison!! WTH???

    Another thing that I'm really, really struggling with is the fact that all major sporting venues (MLB, NFL, Nascar, etc.) all advertise, sell and encourage the consumption of alcohol (it's their largest source of revenue, both in sales and advertising). What message is that sending? And, please, putting a little blurb at the bottom of the ad saying - "Please drink responsibly" isn't enough. I can't tell you how many groups of people at the stadium on both Friday and Saturday (we didn't go today) did not appear to have a DD. Heck, most of these people can barely walk!! Sure, bars send several people out to drive drunk but sporting events send thousands out at one time!! Shouldn't they somehow be responsible?

    There is a wonderful program that some schools in conjunction with CHP and local agencies participate in. Schools usually conduct this for Jr's and Sr's right around Prom time. It's called "Every 15 Minutes" - Every 15 Minutes - Someone dies from an Alcohol Related Collision. A photo explanation is on this site - http://www.every15minutes.com/photos/index.html. My daughter participated in this when she was a Junior in High School. She was one of the students killed by a drunk driver. I can not say enough about the power of this event. She was "taken" from her class and was "gone" for the rest of the day. Tombstones are placed in the quad area at school and pictures of the student are placed on the desk where they sat. Participants write their own eulogies which are read in class when the Grimm Reaper comes to get them. The students involved were actually taken off sight for the night also. At that time, they wrote letters to their parents and we parents wrote letters to our child. The next day, there was a "memorial" in which each particpant lit their candle, read their letter to their parents and vice versu. If you have teenagers, I would strongly recommend looking in to this program for your child's school!!

    Thanks for letting me express myself. May peace surround all people involved in this tragedy.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

  8. #53

    • Missing an Angel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    618

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    I had some errands to make today that took me close to Angels Stadium. After taking care of buisness I was compelled to stop by and pay my repects to Adenhart. Sorry I don't have any pics as this was an unscheduled stop.

    Pulling into the parking lot was kinda weird. I looked towards the brick pitchers mound and could see many balloons shining from the sun. My wife was with me and she began to weep almost immediately. So we get out of the car and walk towards the memorial. I have seen pictures of this but words alone could not explain the emotion left on that mound that people have shown from this unfortunate tragedy. There were Boston Red Sox jerseys left there. Fans left peanuts and Cracker Jacks, their ballgame tickets, baseballs, roses, Thunderstix, and cards. I saw a stuffed animal of the mascot (Tremor) for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, a minor league team of the Angels that Nick played for. Another fan left a shirt. It was visibly old. A note left on top of it said that this fan had recieved that shirt when he was in preschool when he attended a California Angels game and he was 21 now and wanted the Angels organization to have it in memory of Nick. My emotions were bouncing from sad to angry the whole time, but I kept my composure, until something happened that I will remember for a long time......

    We were getting ready to leave when we noticed a group of 5 firefighters approaching the memorial site. In one of their hands was a T-shirt from their fire department. They all walked around the site looking at everything. And after making a full circle they all got down on one knee and placed the shirt on the ground. My emotions caught up with me at this point and couldn't help but shedding some tears. That was a few very emotional moments to witness.

    May god be with his family, friends and the Angels organization.

    Thanks for reading.

  9. #54

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    55 Years is not enough.

    You take a life. The law should take yours.

    I would throw is butt in that cell for 300 years!

    Please keep in mind that it would be 55 years to LIFE, for each count!!! And there are three counts of murder. So thats 55 x's 3!!! Or ultimately, 3 consectutive life sentences.

    That lowest form of life that is taking up space in a jail cell right now, that poopstain on the underwear of life, will NEVER, EVER experience the sweet taste of freedom again!!

    You can count on that!!!



    My apologies in advance for that above description.

  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    Apologies in advance for the length of this post, but I've got stuff to say.

    We were also at the game Wednesday night and watched Nick pitch. It's ironic now but on the way home after the game, I remember seeing a billboard (I think at the 60/57 interchange) that has two identical car crash pictures side-by-side. The one on the right says "Driving Buzzed", the one on the left says "Driving Drunk". I had never thought about it that way before and I thought it odd that I even noticed. I don't drink often and was actually "drunk" for the first time ever in my 46 years of life this past Valentines Day (yes, I had a DD). My kids are 24 and almost 21 and my biggest fear since they started driving is that I will lose them in a car accident that isn't their fault. Kids don't understand that they need to anticipate that the "other guy might" run a red light when they get a green, or someone will change lanes without a blinker and so many other things. No parent should ever have to outlive their kids. Think about it, when you lose a spouse - you're a widow; lose a parent - you're an orphan. What are you when you lose a child?? Heartbroken. There's no special title for that.

    We went to Friday's game, and I told my DH it felt as if we were going to a funeral and I guess in a way, we were. I had that same sick, empty feeling that overcomes one when attending a funeral. And, in many ways, we were attending a funeral. The memorial out by the helmets on the "pitching mound" in the bricks was amazing. I didn't take any photos but I, along with many, many others, just stood speechless and tearful at the magnitude of the events of the past 48 hours. Every 15 minutes, someone dies at the hands of a drunk driver. If even one person decides to not get behind the wheel after drinking, then these 3 young people didn't die in vain.

    We are season seat holders and have 4 seats but we ended up selling 2 seats this year to some co-workers. They gave the tickets to their children for Friday's game. They arrived after the Nick memorial was shown. Both young men (whom I later discovered were older than they looked) each had a beer. I looked at them and asked, "So, who's the DD?" They kind of smiled and one said, "Uh, we'll figure that out later" and kind of laughed. I gave him the "teacher" and "mom" look simultaneously and said, "that's NOT funny". I was so disgusted!! Seriously, people, what does it take? Later, I find out that one of the guys is a correctional officer at a federal prison!! WTH???

    Another thing that I'm really, really struggling with is the fact that all major sporting venues (MLB, NFL, Nascar, etc.) all advertise, sell and encourage the consumption of alcohol (it's their largest source of revenue, both in sales and advertising). What message is that sending? And, please, putting a little blurb at the bottom of the ad saying - "Please drink responsibly" isn't enough. I can't tell you how many groups of people at the stadium on both Friday and Saturday (we didn't go today) did not appear to have a DD. Heck, most of these people can barely walk!! Sure, bars send several people out to drive drunk but sporting events send thousands out at one time!! Shouldn't they somehow be responsible?

    There is a wonderful program that some schools in conjunction with CHP and local agencies participate in. Schools usually conduct this for Jr's and Sr's right around Prom time. It's called "Every 15 Minutes" - Every 15 Minutes - Someone dies from an Alcohol Related Collision. A photo explanation is on this site - Every 15 Minutes - Someone dies from an Alcohol Related Collision. My daughter participated in this when she was a Junior in High School. She was one of the students killed by a drunk driver. I can not say enough about the power of this event. She was "taken" from her class and was "gone" for the rest of the day. Tombstones are placed in the quad area at school and pictures of the student are placed on the desk where they sat. Participants write their own eulogies which are read in class when the Grimm Reaper comes to get them. The students involved were actually taken off sight for the night also. At that time, they wrote letters to their parents and we parents wrote letters to our child. The next day, there was a "memorial" in which each particpant lit their candle, read their letter to their parents and vice versu. If you have teenagers, I would strongly recommend looking in to this program for your child's school!!

    Thanks for letting me express myself. May peace surround all people involved in this tragedy.

    First and foremost, I just want to say that with what I'm about to say, I'm not defending every idiot and moron who got behind the wheel intoxicated, whether they hit someone or not.

    Now I'm not the utmost expert on alcohol here, but I wonder how many beers those two guys had, that you sat near at the game the other night? I'm not a beer drinker myself, and I've never been drunk in my life. So needless to say I'd have the sense not to get behind the wheel after drinking. But I can't say that I've never tasted alcohol. I have had those wine coolers by seagrams, just for the taste. (They used to have an applelicious flavor, that tasted like sour apples.) I've also had smirnoff as well. And even when having those, it would only be when I'm in for the night, with no intention of going back out. But my point is, it can depend on a person's metabolism on how much alcohol will effect that person. A wine cooler has as much alcohol in it as a can or bottle of beer would have which is about 5 to 7 percent. I would have one cooler and not feel a thing. The most I ever felt was a lil hot when I'd drink it too fast because it was raising my blood pressure a little. A person can have one beer and not be affected. Though the number or percentage is high for DUI's, I'm sure that there is an even higher number or percentage of those THAT DO drink responsibly and know their limit. They know when to stop before they start getting affected or just plain have someone drive for them, whether a friend, relative, or a cab.

    Here's an idea. Perhaps there should be a non profit charity organization out there, nationwide even, that would give free taxi rides home to those that don't control their drinking, but at least have the good sense not to get behind the wheel. And are unable to set up a designated driver for themselves. Photo's and venues can work with the organization and make the call for customers who have had too much to drink and setup the ride home, or to a nearby hotel. Maybe call it the Nick Adenhart Foundation.

    Just a thought.

  11. #56

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,685

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Great post GoofyWife.

    As somebody who used to work Swing Shift (for about 7 years) and would be driving between midnight and sometimes 1:30 or 2:00am I would ALWAYS slow to a crawl even at a green light. And would ALWAYS make extra careful of cars around me on the freeway. I never wanted to take any chances.

    I'm not saying that this accident could in any way have been prevented, nor do I think anybody but the poor excuse for a human being drunk guy was responsible for this, but you can't control what other people do and it's always good advice to be careful out there on the road.


  12. #57

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    This is absolutely TERRIBLE.

    I was at the game last night and he was absolutely amazing, he was on the road to Glory!

    May he rest in peace.
    I was at the game that night too with Gabe, my pup, small world.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    This accident occured in an intersection that I drive through several times a week.
    Want to hear what's weird? I was looking at the pictures on AOL the morning it happened and I saw the pet feed store near where it happened and I kept thinking "I used to get my guinea pigs food there." Once again the world is very small.

    This made me sad. He pitched a great game and once he was taken out of the game it went downhill. Good thoughts sent his way.

  13. #58

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Please keep in mind that it would be 55 years to LIFE, for each count!!! And there are three counts of murder. So thats 55 x's 3!!! Or ultimately, 3 consectutive life sentences.

    That lowest form of life that is taking up space in a jail cell right now, that poopstain on the underwear of life, will NEVER, EVER experience the sweet taste of freedom again!!

    You can count on that!!!



    My apologies in advance for that above description.
    AD, please understand that I am just as upset over what happened last week as anyone else.

    And while it appears I am here to be a "flame-thrower", that is the farthest thing from my mind.

    But the tenor of this thread has me wondering if we just want to throw away the Constitution when the mood suits us.

    Doesn't this man still deserve his day in court before we hang him from the highest tree?

    Or are we just going to thrash the concept of due process?

    All the vengeance on earth won't bring Nick, or his friends, back.

    In the books I've read about our Constitution, even the worst offenders among us deserve their day in court.

    And I share your concerns and those of GoofyWife about the unholy alliance behind alcohol and sports.

    Stopping beer sales in the 7th inning helps a little, but even on the watered-down brew they sell at the ballpark, you see a lot of people get pretty sloshed.

    At football games, people tailgate so they're already sloshed going into the stadium.

    And I remember an Angels pitcher named John Candelaria, arrested for DUI after the team plane landed after a road trip...with an open tap of beer on the plane, of course.

    Every once in a while I have indulged in a "dog and a beer" at the park, but it's always before the game or in the first inning or two because I am usually driving.

    And the beer ads, in the media and in the park, are here to stay, like it or not.

    -- Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  14. #59

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    290

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    very sad news!!
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

  15. #60

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    AD, please understand that I am just as upset over what happened last week as anyone else.

    And while it appears I am here to be a "flame-thrower", that is the farthest thing from my mind.

    But the tenor of this thread has me wondering if we just want to throw away the Constitution when the mood suits us.

    Doesn't this man still deserve his day in court before we hang him from the highest tree?

    Or are we just going to thrash the concept of due process?

    All the vengeance on earth won't bring Nick, or his friends, back.

    In the books I've read about our Constitution, even the worst offenders among us deserve their day in court.

    And I share your concerns and those of GoofyWife about the unholy alliance behind alcohol and sports.

    Stopping beer sales in the 7th inning helps a little, but even on the watered-down brew they sell at the ballpark, you see a lot of people get pretty sloshed.

    At football games, people tailgate so they're already sloshed going into the stadium.

    And I remember an Angels pitcher named John Candelaria, arrested for DUI after the team plane landed after a road trip...with an open tap of beer on the plane, of course.

    Every once in a while I have indulged in a "dog and a beer" at the park, but it's always before the game or in the first inning or two because I am usually driving.

    And the beer ads, in the media and in the park, are here to stay, like it or not.

    -- Barry
    We're all experiencing a mix of emotions here. He can have his day in court, but its already a done deal. We're all mostly upset because he had the audacity to get behind the wheel while intoxicated AGAIN, and this time it cost the three young innocent lives. It's not like this is going to turn into a salem witch hunt and everyone starts tar and feathering every drunk driver on the road here. If he is wise or has any compassion or remorse for what he did, he will just plead guilty and not waste the courts time by pleading innocent.

    And it said on the 10 o'clock news that while at the arrangement <sp?> today, he broke down in tears because of the look on one of the victim's mom's face. He's guilty, apparantly he knows it, let's let the process (as lengthy and, for lack of a better word here, as confounded as it is sometimes) run its course. We all know that this won't bear any difference in the future preventing any other further tragedies or make anyone else think twice before getting behind the wheel. It will be just another precious life lost due to an idiot with a beer bottle and a set of car keys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jon Wilhite/Nick Adenhart tribute at OC Flyers game 7/6
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 12:10 PM
  3. V (Merged Threads)
    By SummerInFL in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 05:17 AM
  4. Nick Adenhart Memorial Fund Established
    By Radiobarry in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM
  5. What do you want to see with HM? (Merged threads)
    By lazyboy97O in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •