Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RIP Nick Adenhart (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    We all know that this won't bear any difference in the future preventing any other further tragedies or make anyone else think twice before getting behind the wheel. It will be just another precious life lost due to an idiot with a beer bottle and a set of car keys.
    I so fervently hope that you are wrong about that, that we all are wrong about that. I am truly hoping that, while we may feel this way, that we are really wrong about that.

I am praying for the only good that can possible come of this - that even one more potential killer might be stopped as a result of this terrible, terrible tragedy.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

And on a side note, I feel clinksalot on his "crawl at a green light." I have a similar experience where I could have very well lost my life.

They say in driver's ed, that you should wait 2 to 3 seconds after the light turns green before proceeding through the intersection.

One night a couple of years ago, for those that are familiar with the Anaheim area, I was traveling north on Dale St, waiting at the intersection of Ball Road and Dale St. There was barely anyone else around. I was the only one at the intersection at that moment. I was waiting for the green, and when I got it, I didn't wait those 2 to 3 seconds. I gassed it, and went through the intersection. If I had waited, I'd probably be dead right now.

Right when I'm passing through the intersection, here comes an idiot flying through the intersection, running the red light, heading westbound on Ball Road. THE PERSON NARROWLY MISSED ME, BY 2 TO 3 SECONDS, SPEEDING RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!

It's been a couple of years, but I'll never forget that night. Naturally, I was a mix of emotions. Irate, angry, relieved, shocked to name a few. I came home extremely upset, ticked off at ignorant drivers, and that one of them almost took my life because they weren't paying attention. I should have followed the person and called the police. The one thing I don't remember is if I had a cellphone at the time. I don't think I did, which wouldn't have done me a lot of good. But it's one night I won't forget.

As I said, if I waited those 2 to 3 seconds, I'd probably be dead right now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I so fervently hope that you are wrong about that, that we all are wrong about that. I am truly hoping that, while we may feel this way, that we are really wrong about that.

I am praying for the only good that can possible come of this - that even one more potential killer might be stopped as a result of this terrible, terrible tragedy.

-- Barry
    I wish I was wrong about that. But Barry, there is always going to be idiots that won't care for any other life but their own and will get behind the wheel while intoxicated. That's one constant that none of us can control a whole lot right now. Sure, we can prevent our own friends or relatives from doing it, but not complete strangers when we're not there. It's not being negative, but just being a realist. The idea I mentioned earlier, about the installed breathalizer in vehicles, it is an idea that actually works, and is happening in some states. Where their DUI rate has dropped because of it. But it's not an idea that has taken off nationwide. If you visit the MADD website, you might be able to get some info on it, and how we can support it and get it across the board. But first it takes communication, and it will be a lengthy process.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I was at the game that night too with Gabe, my pup, small world.

Want to hear what's weird? I was looking at the pictures on AOL the morning it happened and I saw the pet feed store near where it happened and I kept thinking "I used to get my guinea pigs food there." Once again the world is very small.

This made me sad. He pitched a great game and once he was taken out of the game it went downhill. Good thoughts sent his way.
    I think you and your beautiful puppy walked right behind our seats on the terrace level!!
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Terrace? Is that back near base/outfield/bullpen? That's where we were sitting... He was wearing a blue vest, white/yellow lab that's really short but totally cute. He's the dog sitting on my lap in my avatar (but like double the size. He was like 3 months there and 20 pounds, now he's almost 70.)

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Terrace? Is that back near base/outfield/bullpen? That's where we were sitting... He was wearing a blue vest, white/yellow lab that's really short but totally cute. He's the dog sitting on my lap in my avatar (but like double the size. He was like 3 months there and 20 pounds, now he's almost 70.)
    Yes, terrace is the level that you walk on to get to the outfield seats, rocks, etc. It must have been the two of you. It was a light colored lab.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345