Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread

There will always be idiots who will use any excuse to be ... well, idiots.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    While Phil was fortunate to have great talent, don't forget that he was hired to replace coaches who lost with that very same talent. And compared to Red Auerbach, who generally had five future Hall-of-Fame players starting, and one or two coming off the bench, Phil's accomplishments are at least as impressive. And Phil outcoached the hell out of the Master of Panic in this series. And nobody, not Red, not Phil, not anybody, could win with Golden State's current team.

The end of game four was more than just rolling out the ball and saying "Get it to Kobe." A coach who did that would have lost. Phil did a hell of a job coaching at the end of that game, and the Lakers are NBA Champions because of it.
    People like Auerbach were architects of the game. They helped create it. Different times.

I ran into George Karl once in a Toys-r-us of all places. We talked for a bit. I asked him what it was like to coach in the NBA. He told me is was more lilke babysitting ego's. Something Jackson IS good at. lol. I just know from my days in Boston when people would go on about what a genius K.C. Jones was, I knew Bird was running that team, and Auerbach put them together. (One of the greatest steals in NBA history- Joe barry Carrol for Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale. They still laugh at Al Attles and the Golden state Warriors in Boston to this day over it)

And back to this series... I haven't seen a choke job like Magic pulled in game 4 since David Carridene....What?.... Too Soon?....lol.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post

And back to this series... I haven't seen a choke job like Magic pulled in game 4 since David Carridene....What?.... Too Soon?....lol.
    Precisely the difference between a talented and well-coached team that's been through the wars, so to speak, and another team that wasn't as talented, not as well coached, and hadn't been through the fire.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wonderful World

Blah as much as as I despise the Lakers they were the best team in Basketball. Thanks to a lopsided steal of a trade to get Gasol last season and a unhealthy KG in the Playoffs.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I went to the parade in 2000 and that's a different story because it's during the daytime.

Rex, it's pretty bad...a gas station on Olympic and Grand got looted, a Metro bus got thrashed.

that blows.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I hope that the Lakers aren't hoping for a home team discount and loyalty discount respectively from Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567