Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angels game in August

I'm so excited that we get to attend an angels game! Our kids have never been to a pro game, and I've only been to one in Seattle at the Mariner's stadium. We decided to do a night game since we are from Alaska and I figured the daytime games would be too hot for our blood!

Anyway, can anyone help with picking out the seats/area that we should sit in to get the best view? I want them to be able to enjoy themselves and watch the game since we don't get to do this everyday!!

Thanks so much! Kelly

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Angels game in August

How much money are you wanting to spend? If you want good seats expect that you will have to pay pretty good for them. Angels games are about average compared to other teams you could go to see, but you will have to pay a good amount for good seats. If money is no object then buy seats on the Field Level, as close to home plate as possible. If you don't have that much to spend there are the outfield seats, but the view isn't good compared to the Field Level near home plate.

One time I sat in the View Level right above home plate. Those seats were probably around mid range in price and they were in the upper level, but because they were above home plate you were really able to see a lot and from a good vantage point.

• no flash photography...

We sat in the field all star level. We waited kind of long to get our tickets so it's what we could get, but we were very happy with our view. Thankfully we were in the shade for most of the game. It was during the day and hot out.

If you go to angel stadium website they have the stadium diagram there. You can click on areas and it will show you what the view will be.

This was taken with a cell phone, but we were close enough to get some great pictures with a camera. This was the first pro game I've been to,

Last edited by SCUBAbe; 07-12-2009 at 09:55 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alaskatink View Post
    I'm so excited that we get to attend an angels game! Our kids have never been to a pro game, and I've only been to one in Seattle at the Mariner's stadium. We decided to do a night game since we are from Alaska and I figured the daytime games would be too hot for our blood!

Anyway, can anyone help with picking out the seats/area that we should sit in to get the best view? I want them to be able to enjoy themselves and watch the game since we don't get to do this everyday!!

Thanks so much! Kelly
    Well, an ESPN poll recently rated the Angels as the most fan-friendly team in all of sports.

I'm not entirely sure about that, but you will find that a game at Angel Stadium is a really fun family experience. They do as good a job as any in the majors at in-game production in the ballpark.

I agree with DIP as far as seats go. You'll likely need to check out e-bay or the broker ticket sites to find the best seats available. Here's a link to the Angels website that SCUBAbe talked about.

I've been going to Angel games since 1965. Hope you have a great time!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

The question really is, 'what do YOU want out of your experience'? Since this is your kids' first ballgame, will they want to be up close to see the action, or will they want to be walking around the ballpark checking out the sights? My recommendation is to figure out the experience you want first, then buy tickets accordingly. The suggestions from the previous fans are good ones. Here are my added ones...

1) If you're going just to go to a ballgame and the experience of going to one, then I wouldn't break the bank for tickets. Any seat is a decent watch, it's just how much would you spend? Great seats are pretty much sold-out so that means eBay, or a broker which adds on a hefty surcharge.

2) if your schedule permits, try for a Friday night game. All friday night games are 'Big Bang Fridays' and they have a pretty good fireworks show after the game... plus, you can watch the D-land fireworks from the third base View Level concourse.

3) fully utilize the Angels website. The Official Site of The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | angelsbaseball.com: Homepage There is a ton of info on there if you look for it. Food concession locals, and other stuff. If your not going to be able to go to a Fri. game, there can be great ticket deals for your family, especially if you guys are on a budget. (Family Fun Packs)

4) day games are not bad, just make sure you get a seat in the shade, which is guaranteed in the 'All Star" sections. You can find better seats for these games too.

Have fun, and get there early for nice pic opportunities... under the Big A in the right field parking lot, the Gene Autry statue, and some other things.

• Im the fun mommy :)

you gave great info!! now here is my questions. 8/25/2009
    a seat where the kids can move freely, not to far from concessions, and a place for grandma's scooter?
    do we buy tickets on the site, ebay or at the stadium?
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Angels are the best in sports for the fans! - espn.com
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    you gave great info!! now here is my questions. 8/25/2009
    a seat where the kids can move freely, not to far from concessions, and a place for grandma's scooter?
    do we buy tickets on the site, ebay or at the stadium?
    With Grandma's scooter, you may be able to score some 'handicapped' seats. Call the box office and you can get a seat for Grandma and one other person, and maybe seats in the rows in front of them. Here's the box office # (714) 634-2000. You can tell them exactly what you're looking for and they have the best info to help you accomplish your needs.

I would try and get seats prior to going to the game... if they're even available on the Angels web-site. DO NOT USE STUB HUB! (they mark-up prices over 20%). eBay would be good if you know exactly what you're looking for. Also, do not sit in sections 135, 233 or 232. These seats are expensive but you can't see the whole field from them!

Good luck.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbistro View Post
    With Grandma's scooter, you may be able to score some 'handicapped' seats. Call the box office and you can get a seat for Grandma and one other person, and maybe seats in the rows in front of them. Here's the box office # (714) 634-2000. You can tell them exactly what you're looking for and they have the best info to help you accomplish your needs.

I would try and get seats prior to going to the game... if they're even available on the Angels web-site. DO NOT USE STUB HUB! (they mark-up prices over 20%). eBay would be good if you know exactly what you're looking for. Also, do not sit in sections 135, 233 or 232. These seats are expensive but you can't see the whole field from them!

Good luck.
    Thank you so much!!! I will call tomorrow
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Minion

Be prepared for the hot weather, wear some clothes that will keep you all cool. Regardless of where you sit it will be extremely hot in august.

• Is it summer yet???

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbistro View Post

Good luck.
    Many wheelchair seats (Row WC) are in the direct sun in Left and Right Field, and never get shade, so you would need to be careful. Also, if you get seats in the WC row, I believe you can only get 2 - one for the wheelchair and an accompanying seat. They will try and place the others in your party "near" you. You also need to be careful with "limited mobility" seats. A couple sat near us last homestand and the box office gave him seats in the terrace section directly in front of the SA row but it required going down 2 steps and the man wasn't able to do that. Your best bet would be the Terrace SA (semi-ambulatory) row as these are always in the shade and you could request additional seats directly in front of you in the back row of the regular terrace seats.

I like Stubhub. The tickets are guaranteed 100%. Stubhub's fees are about 10%, I believe. I purchased tickets that cost $172 and the service fee was $17.20. There is a delivery fee, which, since mine were emailed, was just under $5.00. As a season ticket holder, I will occassionally post my tickets on there and just add what I need to break even. They are directly linked with the Season Ticket account, so you also know that the Section is correct and you shouldn't have any surprises. I'm pretty sure that if it says, "Instant" for a delivery option, that those are season seats. Another + with Stubhub (IMO) is that you don't have to bid.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

You are going to have a great time!!! I'm a 5yr season seat holder. I sit on the field 7 rows from the action and I love it!

Here is one HUGE tip. Food can get VERY expensive in the stadium as you know. But people want to have that "eating at the ballpark" feel. Well you can for cheap! Angels Stadium allows you to bring in your own food whether it be homemade or from McDonalds, Del Taco, etc. AND they allow you to bring in the drinks as well! I know it sounds weird, and they will make you throw away Gatorades, Pepsi bottles, etc, but it has to be some kind of loop hole. For 5 yrs now, I've been taking my own food, and Fast Food drink to the games. It is a great way to save money to use towards other things like shopping in the Team Store, or in my case......BEER!!!!!

Have a great time at the game! You won't be disappointed!

• Laughing Last..

If you use stub-hub, you will get tickets from season seat holders that want to sell. If you find tickets on e-bay or anywhere else, you may not get what you've paid for. Sometimes they are forgeries, and if they are season seats, the Angels can cancel the tickets as stub-hub is the only approved selling place for season ticket holders. They do monitor the seats, my friend had his season tickets yanked due to selling on an unapproved web site, scalping is illegal here. Many do it but, caveat emptor. The surcharge on the seats is not bad, 10 percent, and there are a multitude of seats to choose from. My favorite seats are the club section down third base line, about even with first base. Just my preference although my season seats are in the terrace section, keeps us out of the sun during afternoon games. Enjoy!! California Angels, all the way!
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

You can go to a day game and if you have some terrace level seats, not only will you be in the shade all day, but you'll have no trouble getting down to the field for autographs and foul balls during batting practice. But ... no chance at a foul ball during the game, if that's important to you. The Angels are on the third base side, and the visitors on the first base side, if that matters to you.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

[QUOTE=Preston;1055440685]

Here is one HUGE tip. Food can get VERY expensive in the stadium as you know. But people want to have that "eating at the ballpark" feel. Well you can for cheap! Angels Stadium allows you to bring in your own food whether it be homemade or from McDonalds, Del Taco, etc. AND they allow you to bring in the drinks as well! I know it sounds weird, and they will make you throw away Gatorades, Pepsi bottles, etc, but it has to be some kind of loop hole. For 5 yrs now, I've been taking my own food, and Fast Food drink to the games. QUOTE]

Once I brought in 2 whole pizzas! My friends and I were stuffed and then we made friends with the people around us!

My best score ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast