Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: ESPN - Did they cancel Around the Horn and PTI???

Both shows are back, and all is well. I had trouble living life without Woody Paige's blackboard advice for fine living.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Looks like both Around the Horn and PTI are back on vacation this week and SportsNation is now in their slot until next Monday.

I couldn't take more than 2 minutes of it.

Can't they just get replacement hosts for those shows for a week? How about having a "Fans Panelist" week or something.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I love both shows. And I am going through withdrawals.

But if folks saw the shows last Friday - there were several references to having next week off, and at the end both shows said we're off next week, and we'll be back on the 27th.

They usually both take a week off around this time of year, and at the end of the year as well.

Easy, now.
    I've never watched either show. Now that they are coming back, my interest is peaked...so I'll be giving them a look.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Looks like both Around the Horn and PTI are back on vacation this week and SportsNation is now in their slot until next Monday.

I couldn't take more than 2 minutes of it.

Can't they just get replacement hosts for those shows for a week? How about having a "Fans Panelist" week or something.

SportsNation is horrible and pointless.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Why did I just have the feeling, that I might be seeing the resurrection of this thread, or a new one just like it?

Every year around this time, both shows go off for a week. It happens at least one other time, at year's end I believe.

What does it say about my life that I feel withdrawal symptoms today? Either on TV, or on Sirius radio, My day is made complete by Tony Reali and six grizzled sportswriters.

Around the Horn and PTI. I almost always at least catch the podcast, if I don't get it one of the two other ways.

If nothing else, I feel lost without the life lessons from Woody Paige's blackboard.

I enjoy Colin Cowherd's morning radio show most of the time. He has a very fresh "take" on things usually. But as I think I might have said last year in this thread, he is wasted on "SportsNation". And the woman is useless, except for eye candy.

Colin's radio show is simulcast, on ESPN-U I believe. He could be doing a lot better things on the TV side.

Let's hold hands. We can make it through this ATH-PTI less week, one day at a time.

Koom-by-yah, sports fans, koom-by-yah....Tony's not there, friends, koom-by-yah...Marriotti's actually smiling, friends, koom-by-yah...Oh Lord, I think Jackie MacMullen's hot for her age.....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

whew... good thing they're back on...Cornheiser,Reali,Paige,Marrioti... I can't enjoy my afternoon without hearing what they're debating about, I hope they stick around

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Back again today! Our long, long, national nightmare is over...

• Rock Star Minion

Or recurring!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Or recurring!
    Oh, you....

There's a guy named Dino on the Sirius/XM "Mad Dog Sports" channel who calls it..."Blow My Horn"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123